Bioware, we need more Imperials in your KOTFE teasers.

Mykra

No offense to David Hayter who is amazing as always, but you should show off how excellent the other side's voice actors have been like Mark Bazely, Euan Morton, and Jo Wyatt!

Maybe a Dark Side alternative trailer for the final chapter?

Edited by Mykra

No offense to David Hayter who is amazing as always, but you should show off how excellent the other side's voice actors have been like Mark Bazely, Euan Morton, and Jo Wyatt!

They show a Jedi in the teaser trailers because most of the companions we've gotten back so far have been Imperial.

They show a Jedi in the teaser trailers because most of the companions we've gotten back so far have been Imperial.

Sounds very much like Bioware Logic. Yes.

They do things like that all of the time : Visit the imperioal side of stories / planets first.

It's called "Knights of the fallen Empire" , after all. Not "Knights of the fallen Republic".

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• Dev Post

You raise an interesting question, why do we use the same character in each trailer? The reason is consistency. That Jedi Knight is the consistent representation of "The Outlander" throughout all of the trailers. This way if you skip a few trailers, or go back and watch older ones, you can always identify who the player's character is. If we switched between different Classes it could become confusing (I don't mean to you guys who can identify Classes easily, but to the broader viewer).

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

You raise an interesting question, why do we use the same character in each trailer? The reason is consistency. That Jedi Knight is the consistent representation of "The Outlander" throughout all of the trailers. This way if you skip a few trailers, or go back and watch older ones, you can always identify who the player's character is. If we switched between different Classes it could become confusing (I don't mean to you guys who can identify Classes easily, but to the broader viewer).

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

Eric if that was the case you could have done a LS and DS trailers say chose the Warrior for all the DS trailers so then you could still have continuity between trailers but slightly different interpretations or have LS choose different lines to the DS equivalent.

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the Outlander of the more recent trailers is not the same one from the original KOTFE trailers. I think he's missing the scar in one of them and has a somewhat lighter skintone than before. (You could of course convince me otherwise by posting the "builds" of your promo Outlander)

That being said, while I like that you want to have consistency in your trailers, it would really be nice if you could use someone besides the male Jedi Knight for your promotion material. I main a female Sith Inquisitor and would like to hear Xanthe Elbrick do some promo stuff for the game, too. Or just a female character in general.

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

Makes perfect sense. :)

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

I guess seeing the release date and counting the top of the trailer chapters is to complicated :(.

Makes perfect sense. :)

I guess seeing the release date and counting the top of the trailer chapters is to complicated :(.

The only problem with you two using the same avatar is that sequential posts like this make me think I'm seeing into alternate universes...

To Peter specifically: consistency is important for advertising.

Eric if that was the case you could have done a LS and DS trailers say chose the Warrior for all the DS trailers so then you could still have continuity between trailers but slightly different interpretations or have LS choose different lines to the DS equivalent.

Why would they do two different trailers just for 2 seconds of dialogue and the player character standing around? It's wasted effort for minimal gain, they're only 40 second long trailers.

On top of that, having multiple trailers of the same chapter with different characters in it it would just confuse the casual viewer even more.

Edited by Dirtnose

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the Outlander of the more recent trailers is not the same one from the original KOTFE trailers. I think he's missing the scar in one of them and has a somewhat lighter skintone than before. (You could of course convince me otherwise by posting the "builds" of your promo Outlander)

That being said, while I like that you want to have consistency in your trailers, it would really be nice if you could use someone besides the male Jedi Knight for your promotion material. I main a female Sith Inquisitor and would like to hear Xanthe Elbrick do some promo stuff for the game, too. Or just a female character in general.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I believe they do the male jedi knight b/c that one is the KOTOR Canon character who's story line is the continuation of KOTOR I & II. I think that just made it the natural choice for the default character for cut-scene promos

This is pure speculation on my part, but I believe they do the male jedi knight b/c that one is the KOTOR Canon character who's story line is the continuation of KOTOR I & II. I think that just made it the natural choice for the default character for cut-scene promos

Which would make sense...if SWTOR weren't set 300 years after the KOTOR games and we were actually playing Revan, which we're not.

Now, if you'd said they're using the canon Jedi Knight from SWTOR, whose vanilla story was written as a loose KOTOR III, since KOTFE is the continuation of that class story, then yeah, I can see the reasoning.

Still, seeing Master Gen'Eric Blando McBlanderson is BORING. At the very least, come up with some alternate female trailers. Even Mass Effect figured that out eventually. The female VA talent are better all around, anyway.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

Translation.....The players are too stupid and would be confused. Also Eric likes 70's ****..

Edited by Miston

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

Oh I understand that, but that doesn't stop you guys from putting out a second Imperial wrap-up trailer like I was asking :p

You could do a ' As it all ends, choose your side/fate' type of deal. Serve the Dark Side (Sith Warrior), Serve the Light Within (Inquisitor), Serve Yourself (Agent or Hunter).

And lets be honest, the moment the Imperial March (or those amazingly deep, aggressive strings from Valkie's Throne Room track) and the British accents kick in, you are going to perk up a lot more ears than you normally do. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Edited by Mykra

Which would make sense...if SWTOR weren't set 300 years after the KOTOR games and we were actually playing Revan, which we're not.

Now, if you'd said they're using the canon Jedi Knight from SWTOR, whose vanilla story was written as a loose KOTOR III, since KOTFE is the continuation of that class story, then yeah, I can see the reasoning.

The Kotor Revan storyline (including the book revan which precedes this game) is what I was referring to. The JK story line is a continuation of the kotor/revan storyline.

Male JK is their default canon. They even had the Revan Novel which hyped up the JK long before they're even born. JK also hasn't fulfilled their destiny yet as per Lord Scourge's vision.

Story also fits best as the JK due to their in-game story which greatly involves the Emperor, that novel and their actually important companions like Lord Scourge. Kira is also the most plot important love interest in the game and is directly tied to the Emperor.

Edited by Sardorim

Male JK is their default canon. They even had the Revan Novel which hyped up the JK long before they're even born. JK also hasn't fulfilled their destiny yet as per Lord Scourge's vision.

Story also fits best as the JK due to their in-game story which greatly involves the Emperor, that novel and their actually important companions like Lord Scourge. Kira is also the most plot important love interest in the game and is directly tied to the Emperor.

Pretty sure this is the real reason... RIP equality of classes. Main hero or not, they decided to shove KOTFE down into Swtor instead of making a KOTOR 3 sequel, so they should have equality as much as they can between the classes, promotion wise, and story wise. I want to see a dev look me in the face and say chapter 12 was for all classes.

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

My problem with this is that you took human as race since it supports the view that species equality is only an illusion of republic side.

Edited by Chaloss

Pretty sure this is the real reason... RIP equality of classes. Main hero or not, they decided to shove KOTFE down into Swtor instead of making a KOTOR 3 sequel, so they should have equality as much as they can between the classes, promotion wise, and story wise. I want to see a dev look me in the face and say chapter 12 was for all classes.

Eh. Other classes are still cool. I prefer BH and SW even if the story best fits as the JK for many reasons.

A way around Chapter 12 is that you still have residue force powers from the Emperor.

Edited by Sardorim

Eh. Other classes are still cool. I prefer BH and SW even if the story best fits as the JK for many reasons.

A way around Chapter 12 is that you still have residue force powers from the Emperor.

Yeah I know... instead of showing the quality of non force sensitives and accomplishments, how they fight in battle, how they have won previously, they went the cheap way and gave you the force instead. Instead of recognizing the traits of characters, they simply jumbled them together and said GG, now you can all beat Valkorian.

My problem with this is that you took human as race since it supports the view that species equality is only an illusion of republic side.

This is specism of course. He's a male then it's also sexism. Since he's wearing a bearb, it's cartainly bearbism too!

:D

Yeah I know... instead of showing the quality of non force sensitives and accomplishments, how they fight in battle, how they have won previously, they went the cheap way and gave you the force instead. Instead of recognizing the traits of characters, they simply jumbled them together and said GG, now you can all beat Valkorian.

Well, only so much they can do without going crazy on budget and stuff.

Basically, if you want the full experience play Body Type 2 White Human Male Jedi Knight - Romance Kira.

Edited by Sardorim

Basically, if you want the full experience play Body Type 2 White Human Male Jedi Knight - Romance Kira.

You do realize that that's a spoiler for the entirety of SWTOR II ? :)

- That line of text.

- now give BW $25 a month for your sub, and wait for SWTOR III : "You win. The end." $50 please. Kerchinng!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.