Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

Just one of those players stuck in TOFN and in Greece too :p (kidding about the latter...).

I see a lot of debate in the posts regarding the time ppl had to move from the server.. It is true that the 90 cc transfer was up for a long time, but trying to answer the question "why didn't you use it then" i believe it is wrong.. For me, personally, i didn't use cause i didn't have to.. I like to pve with friends and my friends were in TOFN, i like to occasionally pug some ops (and i could do that in TOFN since the fleet at peak hours had >100 ppl online), i like to do my pvp quests (with queues that don't last longer than 5 minutes). Heck, i might even do GSF when i got bored of all these.. I pay for a product and i like to "use" certain, if not all, aspects of it.. In TOFN you could do all these things at a reasonable way. The biggest decrease in population started the week that the increase in cc transfer was announced.. So, my personal experience was ending up in a server from 120-130 ppl on peak hours to 50-60 ppl, and for me this happened over a week..

So, either i had to be prepared (meaning hold on cc's) for a possible transfer of all my toons on another server, or stay on TOFN... But TOFN can't provide what i want anymore.. Btw, i don't say that this is Bioware's fault.. Maybe it is, (lack of content, group play, loosing subscribers), maybe it isn't.. But let's be honest, i didn't save up on 8.000 cc's (and i don't think anyone else would) for a possible server transfer and i cannot start finding new ways on how to get ahold of such an amount (and i believe there are ppl that have a lot more toons than me). I already need to come across different ways to overcome the stupid capital controls in my country just to pay subscription.. Due tyo them, we cannot buy cc's from official site.. So, the only reasonable way for me to move my toons is with complimentary cc's... Waiting 16 months, in order to move my toons is ofc out of the option, that's why i join the petition for reduced server transfers for a certain amount of time..

8,000 CC's? I'm going to guess that you mean at today's prices, since at 90 CC's 8,000 CC's would be almost 90 characters. If you are talking about today's price for transfers that is 8 characters.

During the time that transfers were 90 CC's, those 8 characters would have cost you 720 CC's to transfer all 8 of them. Even if you did not have 720 CC's, you probably had enough to transfer at least SOME of those 8 characters.

The "fault" still lies with the person who CHOSE not to transfer at the severely discounted rate of 90 CC's.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to understand that the end of 90cc transfers sped up the decline of many otherwise "healthy" servers. Where some guilds saw no issue with the population, others did and they bailed...leaving those who thought their server was fine a shock when they realized their semi-healthy server was now in the 'dead' category.

It's not acting like a child either - they're asking for transfers off their dead servers to a server where they can again enjoy the entertainment they pay monthly for. The choice is Bioware's...keep things as they are and collect their $15 a month for however long it lasts, but they'll risk losing that $15 a month by not offering these players a choice to move (an automated task no less).

NO ONE is being refused the option to transfer.

EACH AND EVERY PLAYER has the option to transfer servers, although no longer at the severely discounted 90 CC pricetag.

Yes everybody can transfer ......BUT you loose so much if you do.

as a guild leader you are screwed if you jump server. you loose all that you built. we should be able to bring the build stuff with us.

Then you have a choice to make. You can either transfer and rebuild on a higher population server or keep all your stuff on a lower population server.

Yes everybody can transfer ......BUT you loose so much if you do.

as a guild leader you are screwed if you jump server. you loose all that you built. we should be able to bring the build stuff with us.

Were I in that position, and really wanted to move my GL toon over to a more lively server, and the guild was dead or nearly so, I'd kick everyone out, create a new toon, level 1, invite him to the guild (I've two computers and 3 accounts, I can invite myself to my own guild), make him guild leader, and then move the toon I value elsewhere.

Then you have a choice to make. You can either transfer and rebuild on a higher population server or keep all your stuff on a lower population server.

You have a choice to make. You can either add constructive criticism or you can do what you're doing in this (and other) thread(s).

This is a legitimate gripe and it's why the Devs posted about it. You think they are JUST trying to appease people who want to transfer guilds?

Get your head back out in the sunshine, pal.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

And if they decide that what they think is best for the game as a whole is to let players live with the consequences of their REFUSAL to act and transfer while the cost was discounted 95%, even if that means disappointing the MINORITY of players who CHOSE not to transfer while the cost was discounted 95%

We got less than a week's notice that 90cc was going away. No matter how you slice it: either people realize they made a mistake and spend $ to transfer or they just get cheap, give up and stop playing like slackers do, 4 servers on NA (half of them) are basically dead. My concern is the new players (or old returning ones) that join and don't know they've selected dead vs live servers who quit thinking they are trapped and decide not to spend extra $ to shop around on different servers with the characters they just got slightly attached to.

To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?

1000 cartel coins for transfers is just ridiculous in the first place. I don't understand the reason to get rid of the 90cc transfer. We pay a sub each month, and it's the people that have subscriptions that are doing the server transfers. While 15 dollars a month isn't a lot of money. 1k coins per toon to transfer to another server is way too high.

1000 cartel coins for transfers is just ridiculous in the first place. I don't understand the reason to get rid of the 90cc transfer. We pay a sub each month, and it's the people that have subscriptions that are doing the server transfers. While 15 dollars a month isn't a lot of money. 1k coins per toon to transfer to another server is way too high.

I agree, really. It's just way too high to begin with. I mean I have 30+ toons. I'd quit the game before I'd pay to transfer them at this price. And I've been around since pre-launch. But this is beside the point of the thread I suppose.

I mean Compared to WOW were it is 25 dollar For character transfer. 8 dollars in swtor for character tranfer is nothing

Wow is the exception for the most part and not the rule.

If you are going to make a claim such as you just did, I would hope that you have facts from other SUBSCRIPTION based games to back up that claim.

As I have said in other threads, I have not played every MMO on the market, but answer this question.

How many SUBSCRIPTION based games do not charge, or charge less than what this game charges, for server transfers?

You have a choice to make. You can either add constructive criticism or you can do what you're doing in this (and other) thread(s).

This is a legitimate gripe and it's why the Devs posted about it. You think they are JUST trying to appease people who want to transfer guilds?

Get your head back out in the sunshine, pal.

Yes, one dev asked a question, but it remains to be seen what decision BW will make, does it not?

If you are going to make a claim such as you just did, I would hope that you have facts from other SUBSCRIPTION based games to back up that claim.

As I have said in other threads, I have not played every MMO on the market, but answer this question.

How many SUBSCRIPTION based games do not charge, or charge less than what this game charges, for server transfers?

ill admit I shot myself in the foot with that statement, but ..

EVE online is 20$

LOTRO is 25$

Lineage 2 is ...50$??? Did I read that wrong?

Aion is also 50$??? What the hell...

I think im done and ill admit I was just wrong at this statement. I briefly played Pirates of the Burning Sea online, and transfers were only 5$ their, but it was far less popular than these other games.

However you also have to keep in mind, from what I noticed with my small experience with MMOs, SWTOR is one of those games, bar KOTFE, which it actually welcomes having multiple characters and actually gives a bonus doing so. Theirs a much larger need for creating alternate characters to experience up to 24 different endings in the storyline of SWTOR, and the story is a main attraction of the game which is inevitably going to lead to more characters. It's more than simply a different set of buttons to press, but a new story and different ways to experience that story.

I mean Compared to WOW were it is 25 dollar For character transfer. 8 dollars in swtor for character tranfer is nothing

What exactly is your point? Is there a standard price that all MMO's must charge? 8 dollars is still too much IMO

But the people are complaining about THIS game and the needs to transfer off certain servers ... if other games charged $100 or gave them away free that doesn't mean stuff all in regards to this game.

What exactly is your point? Is there a standard price that all MMO's must charge? 8 dollars is still too much IMO

I agree if it's moving off the dead servers.

They should be free to transfer off certain servers where the population has dropped below what could be considered acceptable levels for group play ( especially since these servers were originally PVP servers and thus multiplayer focused ).

Keep it at 1000 CC for the rest though, fair is fair.

Just dropping it to 90CC globally will just mess with existing economies more again ... just help out the poeple stuck of dieing servers is the way to go imo, no one else needs 90CC transfers.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

It is not easier to give free server transfers to those who have characters on ToFN or other dead servers?

I mean limited transfer. For example, if I have 5 characters on ToFN I will have 5 free transfers to other servers.

It's not a given. It's still in the speculative stage.

Judging from Ben's statement they imply it is a given. Imagine the *****torm they will face if they don't do it. First saying they do it and then they don't. I hope the forums will figuratively explode if they don't, cause thats a major slap in the face.

Judging from Ben's statement they imply it is a given. Imagine the *****torm they will face if they don't do it. First saying they do it and then they don't. I hope the forums will figuratively explode if they don't, cause thats a major slap in the face.

*shrug* Looked more to me like he was asking for opinions on an implementation. If you want to interpret it as a "given", okay but don't freak if it turns out to not have been. :)

*shrug* Looked more to me like he was asking for opinions on an implementation. If you want to interpret it as a "given", okay but don't freak if it turns out to not have been. :)

Well I know a lot of people that will be pissed off seriously if they DON'T, so the only logical and economical best choice would be to implement it ASAP.

Well I know a lot of people that will be pissed off seriously if they DON'T, so the only logical and economical best choice would be to implement it ASAP.

I was saying earlier that I know of 10 people that unsubbed a while ago that would return immediately if they do this. But the longer they wait the more damage will be done.

I agree with most of the above, I pay subs for a play experience that I no longer get. I love this game but run into a dead end when there is no 'multi' in multiplayer. Either free transfer per character or some sort of legacy transfer. In a game that encourages the development of 'alts' this should be the case.

I hate complaining but I only complain because I both care abut and really enjoy this game.

<Tomb of Freedom Nadd>