"ABORT: Pointer is NULL" error

FallguySoldier

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the 308 back after 86% main files downloaded.

Have reset ip data see what happens.

I had the launcher up running in the background, same as now still have 308 error.

have had the 308 error, the shared hashtag message and a message saying network difficulties to complete transfer... have had to restart computer several times, then has other instances in running.... This is the first time I've ever had a problem after a patch... whew...

Made some more testing.

I have two accounts, one of each in different path, and different folders..

Usually i can log fine, be one or together.

Today i can succeed now to log 1 install (not playable as i have a DING popup every 30sec about the NULL pointer) but i can log in.

Though, if i try to log in the other installation, then it close the first installation.

It should not, as they are in two separate folder. With two different paths.

During that test, i had up to 8 launchers in the Task Manager, when the second launch crashed the first.

And after quitting the game with the last log in, one launcher remained in the task manager until i killed it

played yesterday no issues. patched today no issues.

exited game and swtor froze up. tack manager to end it and launcher does not open anymore.

i received this error until i reinstalled the launcher. it still appeared even after launcher repairs.

abort: pointer is null (.\sharehashtbl.c/128)

i was able to clear that error with a fresh install of the launcher files.

reinstalled launcher but it still wont open.

unable to play the game

windows 10 pro 64bit - build 14332

i7 4700 mq

16 gb ram

ssd os and game

hdd backup fiiles

dual nvidia gt 755m - SLI using latet nvidia driver

http://swtor.tv/DXdiag/DxDiag-swtor-20160503.txt

I too am having this problem. One thing I want to put out there, I have 2 computers with swtor on them. One is top of the line, just built this year , the other one is about 4 year old and is a laptop. I am getting the Null pointer error on the new computer. On the old laptop I have been running a Non-streaming version of swtor. Because **** torrenting I want to play. Anyway It is getting the 308 error that my new pc never did. I (accidentally) switched to the streaming version on the laptop and well... now I have to wait for it to download the whole game again to see if anything happens. I'll know in about 6 *********** hours -_-

Hey folks!

If you're seeing this, please send me your DxDiag and MSInfo so the team can investigate!

-Tait

Sent a PM with a link to my information. I hope it went through.

Unlike others, the download/install bars do not appear and my "play button" is not active so I cannot launch the game at all. I do however, find that it's maxing out my CPU which, it's never done before.

I am also receiving Error 308 stating it cannot retrieve patch data but I have a perfectly fine LAN connection atm and have been playing another game today without issue. Finally, when I try to close the launcher, it says I am patching and wants me to confirm that I want to stop the patch process. If I leave the launcher running, to see if it will sort itself out, I get the Abort msg others have mentioned. :confused:

The repair option is not available via the launcher (I am on the old school retail client) and while I did try to run fix launcher it didn't help either.

Edited by Baby-Girl

Been getting the "ABORT: Pointer is NULL" error message while on the character secret screen. Never got the 308 error while patching but once I get to the character secret screen, I get the "ABORT: Pointer is NULL" error message. Even after I close the game I still get the error.

I'm also getting the quick play mode message as well so I can't play the game at all. Been like that for awhile now. I don't know if it's still downloading or not cause the bar is not filling up.

Thanks for the info!

The team is investigating this. I'm not sure when a fix will be available, but it appears that it can be safely ignored whenever it crops up.

For me it pops up a couple minutes after every time I try to launch the game and then the game never launches. :confused:

Thanks for the info!

The team is investigating this. I'm not sure when a fix will be available, but it appears that it can be safely ignored whenever it crops up.

Ignored?? I cannot play the game due to this, I cannot patch the update therefore I cannot play the game.

Few hours this has been going on...you cannot ignore it.

:mad::mad:

Hey folks!

If you're seeing this, please send me your DxDiag and MSInfo so the team can investigate!

-Tait

Also wanted to mention that i got two of those errors the 1st about 5 minutes after a PC system restart with out the game or launcher running and the 2nd error was about 15 minutes after logging into a the game but i had the game minimized Googling something for about 3 minutes.

Is this game in the hands of L1/L2 helpdesk techs now? Where are the Devs at? This is childsplay stuff guys.

Looks like a segmentation fault. You want to allocate enough storage for a HashTable, but it seems you're allocating storage for just a pointer to a HashTable (your HashTablePtr)

If you drop the habit of typedef'ing pointer and instead follow the approach of allocating in the following form, you won't crash the game:

====

HashTable *table = malloc(sizeof *table);

====

Is this game in the hands of L1/L2 helpdesk techs now? Where are the Devs at? This is childsplay stuff guys.

Looks like a segmentation fault. You want to allocate enough storage for a HashTable, but it seems you're allocating storage for just a pointer to a HashTable (your HashTablePtr)

If you drop the habit of typedef'ing pointer and instead follow the approach of allocating in the following form, you won't crash the game:

====

HashTable *table = malloc(sizeof *table);

====

Oh how I wish you worked there. :p