"Story So Far" Promotion Question

CloudCastle

If you complete Chapter 13 on the 9th, you are only eligible for the drawing on the 10th.

-eric

If I complete Chapter 13 on my Sith Juggernaut (let's call her Darth Alice) on the 9th, and then complete Chapter 13 on my Scoundrel (Bob Solo) on May 11th, then complete Chapter 13 on my Sniper (Charlie Chiss) on May 16, am I in the drawings for the 10th, 15th, and 20th?

• Dev Post
If I complete Chapter 13 on my Sith Juggernaut (let's call her Darth Alice) on the 9th, and then complete Chapter 13 on my Scoundrel (Bob Solo) on May 11th, then complete Chapter 13 on my Sniper (Charlie Chiss) on May 16, am I in the drawings for the 10th, 15th, and 20th?

Correct! The only thing to keep in mind is that if you win on the 10th, you can't win again in future drawings.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Excuse me, why is eligibility so limited?

No Russia or any CIS countries in either promotion..?

Are we a less valued customer base?

Legal limitations:

Country eligibility is definitely a question we have seen quite a bit, hopefully I can lend some insight. In most cases, the reason a Country would be eligible/ineligible is dependent on their respective rules. Each Country has their own rules depending on the type of contest, the individual prizes, the dollar value of those prizes, etc. If your Country is ineligible for the contest, it is likely due to our inability to meet the requisite criteria for Contests and Promotions and we're either prohibited from offering the promotion in your Country or limited in what actions we could take. Please be aware we are constantly reviewing these types of rules and working with relevant internal teams to expand the number of Countries that can participate.

We apologize if you're ineligible, our intent will always be to include as many Countries as we can. I hope that clears up any confusion. Thanks!

-eric

And what about this:

The Old Republic™ - Knights of the Fallen Empire and is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, China, including Taiwan, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, United Kingdom, the United States (including the District of Columbia)

Why? Why is it necessary to exclude everyone else? The country right across the river from mine is eligible, mine isn't... kinda sad, you know.

I concur with you on that! Once more, I'm getting ripped off from any potential reward just because I'm from France... Awesome :rolleyes:

I know that it"s legal limitations but I have a hard time accepting that there's no way against that if there was a real will. I definitely feel undervalued

Edited by lanawinst

I know that it"s legal limitations but I have a hard time accepting that there's no way against that if there was a real will. I definitely feel undervalued

Maybe in future, I mean how long has it taken Bioware to get around the legal issues revolving around transfers from EU to US.

Trust me, Bioware would include all 150+ countries on Earth if they could. It does hurt them to not be able to include say France or Russia because they WANT those people playing and enjoying SWTOR and the contests and prizes they do. But your country, overall, is very strict and if say you were a douche who didn't like that you did/didn't win and took it up with your country's whoever that would come after Bioware, they could get in serious trouble. From sometime like you can't play the game in your country anymore to Bioware having to fork out TONS of cash to the country to settle things peacefully. Neither party wants that, so they exclude some countries for certain contests and include others.

It's nothing personal. Remember, they want everyone to play and enjoy.

Edited by Eanelinea

I concur with you on that! Once more, I'm getting ripped off from any potential reward just because I'm from France... Awesome :rolleyes:

For a long time, France was a total nightmare (at least relative to many other countries) when it came to sweepstakes. Their laws ran counter to EU rules, and there were all sorts of crazy hoops to jump through like reimbursing the postage costs of people who wrote in regarding the contest.

But I think last year they liberalized their sweepstakes laws. Not sure if EA just hasn't caught up with the change, or if they're playing it safe (such broad changes do tend to invite litigation as people try to game the new system - they might be deliberately letting the dust settle a bit before wading in).

Edited by DarthDymond

You only need to do two things!

1. Click enter now on the May Promotions page to agree to the terms of the contest.
  2. Complete Chapter 13 during one of the drawing periods.

We will be drawing 5 random people who are entered in the contest, that completed 13, at the end of each 5 day period.

-eric

Okay, sounds good. I was unsure before if I had to submit actual proof. It's good to know I just play like I normally do and you guys will pick a winner each time frame. Thank you, Eric, appreciate the help.

Eric, I sent my submission via the email address. Just to 100% cover that I've been added to the submission list.

Now all I have to do is wait for patch on Tuesday and play my little heart out. :p

I have a BH who wants Gault back and a SW who wants Vette back. :cool:

I also found the actual registration thingie on the bottom of the rules. Scroll down is my friend. I'm sure they'll see both, but just in case, I just double checked to be sure I was registered. One for speed run and hopefully one for story so far, even though I sent an email too. lol I'm sure Bioware will know I was double checking to make sure my I's were dotted and T's crossed. :D

Edited by Eanelinea

Thanks, read through it.

Doesn't seem legit, as no Western AAA+ developer ever had Russia excluded for such reasons. And certainly I am aware of all changes to legislation in our country regarding these events. To be exact, there is none at the moment.

So obviously there are other reasons someone's not keen to discuss.

If I'm mistaken I'd be grateful for a reference to the exact act of legislation that prevents the event to be run in our region, thanks.

Will players who complete chapter 13 on early access day (May 3rd) be eligible to be selected for the May 10th reward? Just curious since you said every 5 day period, but would be 7 days for the subscribers who do it first day w/ early access or should they hold off 2 days doing new story and/or do a 2nd character between May 5th and May 9th?

Will players who complete chapter 13 on early access day (May 3rd) be eligible to be selected for the May 10th reward? Just curious since you said every 5 day period, but would be 7 days for the subscribers who do it first day w/ early access or should they hold off 2 days doing new story and/or do a 2nd character between May 5th and May 9th?

I'd like to know this too. I always play at least one character, sometimes two, through the chapters on early access day. Will our character be eligible for the May 10th contest if we begin playing on the 3rd, or is it only for those who began playing on the 5th? I really don't want to have to wait two days to play the chapter.

I'd like to know this too. I always play at least one character, sometimes two, through the chapters on early access day. Will our character be eligible for the May 10th contest if we begin playing on the 3rd, or is it only for those who began playing on the 5th? I really don't want to have to wait two days to play the chapter.

The promo page has the following list of entry periods on the rules page that pops up when you click the "enter now" button.

1 May 3, 2016 May 10, 2016

2 May 11, 2016 May 15, 2016

3 May 16, 2016 May 20, 2016

4 May 21, 2016 May 25, 2016

5 May 26, 2016 May 30, 2016

So feel free to jump in and play the new chapter during the Early Access days.

I tried to enter then on the resulting page it said I was ineligible because I had remaining time left on my sub. Is this NOT open to subscribers because the Contest Rules did not seem to state that.

I tried to enter then on the resulting page it said I was ineligible because I had remaining time left on my sub. Is this NOT open to subscribers because the Contest Rules did not seem to state that.

That's only the free KotFE time promo. Scroll down towards the bottom for the subscriber-eligible promotions

My question is this: In the rules it states that

The Old Republic™ - Knights of the Fallen Empire and is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, China, including Taiwan, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, United

Kingdom, the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Promotion.

.... if that is so, then please explain how does one go about even playing the game from mainland china. as far as i'm aware it is not possible without a VPN of some sorts.

"Not taking the chance" describes my entire experience with KotFE. Noticing 8/10 ship droids missing on launch and then broken romances/courting gifts while organizing the mess that comp gear mails and crafting mat conversion made of my cargo made me hold off initially. Then ship droid customs went missing, then HK customs went missing and events broke/failed to launch, then several companions using other companions voices, and so on and so on (like the shampoo commercial).

A complete lack of confidence in the work, or even the existence of a QA department has completely put me off inflicting KotFE on any of my existing characters.

Yep, I'm not doing it at all until they fix these bugs. I've had to reroll my Bounty Hunter twice due to bugs and even though I'm playing other classes, the more bugs I see, the more I have no desire to submit any of these characters to story-breaking/romance-breaking nonsense that seems to multiply with every patch they release.

The promo page has the following list of entry periods on the rules page that pops up when you click the "enter now" button.

So feel free to jump in and play the new chapter during the Early Access days.

Good good. Hopefully I get a shout out if I don't win anything, mostly cause I've taken 11 people through chapter 13.

COME AT ME, BRO! :p