Are buying credits legal?

RareKiLaPrO

Hi idk if this has been posted b4 or if im typing in the right place but earning credits has been hard lately and i wanted to know if buying them off these websites advertised ingame was legal or not if someone could tell me it would be much appreciated.

Hi idk if this has been posted b4 or if im typing in the right place but earning credits has been hard lately and i wanted to know if buying them off these websites advertised ingame was legal or not if someone could tell me it would be much appreciated.

I'm not a lawyer so I won't bother delving into that legal/illegal mumbo jumbo, as for buying credits from those websites don't do it. This is because it can result in your account being hijacked or banned as this is against Biowares eula/terms of service (Can't recall which one at the moment). Simply report and ignore. If you are desperate in making credits, then try doing the weekly heroics (If you can try to run them with a group as this multiplies the amount of creds you get per person).

Edited by AylaL

Earn credits in game, or as AylaL said, or buy stuff from the Cartel Market with Cartel Coins and sell them.

Buying form dodgy websites is a whole can of worms that'll probably get your computer hacked, passwords stolen, fund organized crime..........AND you banned form the game. It happened to someone I know. -Don't risk it. EVER.

Just LFG Heroics (planet name) on fleet, and you're bound to find someone to group up with. - Earn at least 20-30K per heroic, you can polish a lot off in under five minutes. - Easy-peasy and perfectly legit.

ok thx guys :)

If your finding credits hard to come by

Teamup with others for the weekly heroics, you will be rolling in credits due to the multiplier, the more you have in party

But OT as others have said, it's 100% not allowed

Edited by nanamaryjj

Buying credits is also a good way to get your credit card or account hacked and your in-game credits added to their coffers that they then turn around offer to sell to others.

Just to be thorough, the rules regarding buying/selling credits are in the STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ RULES OF CONDUCT:

To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

Buy, sell, transfer or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction), or offer to transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction, any game Account or game Content, including (without limitation) game characters, character attributes, items, objects, currency, credits or copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property owned or controlled by the Services, or its our licensors, without first obtaining our express written permission, nor may you encourage or induce any other player to participate in such prohibited transaction(s).

Edited by ZioGio

Buying credits for really currency? Against ToS.

Trading your friend credits for sandwich, beer, SWTOR Game Time Card, mowing the lawn etc?

Not against the ToS.

Do what my friends do: give me booze:p

Edited by AshlaBoga

Also, since you are subbed, by a few packs from those free CC you get and sell the stuff on GTN.

It is a gamble to open them, you can get either rich or be at a loss or just sell the whole pack without opening it.

Depending on your server this might or might not be worth it.

Check the prices first and see if your comfortable with it.

That is actually a legit way of "buying" credits.

Best low level way I found of making credits was selling the Cartel Market stuff. The packs could be hit or miss depending on what was in them and how long the pack had been around, the most steady value I found was selling character slots or Account wide unlocks.

Higher level characters get a LOT more credits for doing the heroics, and it multiplies based on how many are in group doing them together.

And Yes you can lose your account for buying or selling credits.

Its illegal, and totally not worth it.

Credits are now super easy to come by, and do not pay attention to the inflated prices out there, almost anything can be gotten for a reasonable price u just need to ask around and network.

Those high prices are pipe dreams and/or credit laundering techniques.

As far as credit making, with the current double exp, u can go from level 15~ to max in approximately 2 hours with a full heroic team.

Doing heroics yield upwards of 1mil or more per hour. That means you could level 4 toons in one sitting and walk away with nearly 10million credits (definitely at least 5mil) for a very new first day player!