Insufficent RAGE stopping me from doing basic attacks...

ThaJmann

Its becoming unplayable... out of nowhere my lvl 12 sith warrior can no loner do basic attacks because of having no rage. I have tried force jumping which gives me a slight amount of rage gives me one basic attack and returns to 0...someone please help!

Its becoming unplayable... out of nowhere my lvl 12 sith warrior can no loner do basic attacks because of having no rage. I have tried force jumping which gives me a slight amount of rage gives me one basic attack and returns to 0...someone please help!

You need to use Assault to build rage.

• 2 months later...

At lvl 8 of Sith Warrior I suddenly stopped having any rage.

Just like ThaJmann.

I can only Force Jump for 3 rage... I can use one attack and then nothing.

Even the most basic and standard Assault as a way of building rage is unavailable... I rightclick foes all around and nothing happens.

On one day all worked and on the other nothing worked. What changed between these two days.

Day one:

- I played with my cousin who is also Sith Warrior.

- We leveled head to head in the same pace.

- We used all attacks with no greater problems.

- We both were running 7 day trials granted to us by my brother

- We got to lvl 8 and got companions and logged for the night without trying them out

Day two:

- I decided to buy the game and registered a deluxe SWTOR thus ending my trial that way

- We met up again on lvl 8 with the new companions and went out

- His attacks all worked on trial still and his companion attacked as ordered

- My attacks did not work after the full upgrade but my companion could and did attack as normal

So I tie the problem of not building up rage only with the upgrade.

Some bug in having a trial made toon being continued in a full account (maybe related to Sith Warriors tho and not all made toons.. dunno I just made and played one during that one day trial).

I even made a ticket to it tho I have no response yet.

Edited by OGNARB

Right click isn't your "basic attack", it's whatever you have slotted in the first slot of your primary skill bar.

So if you put a different skill there, namely one that costs rage instead of building it, you'll get the message that you don't have sufficient rage when you try to attack with right click.

Rightclick WAS my basic attack... so that is not the case...

Posting answers that don't add anything to the discussion won't help you know.

I may be new to SWTOR but I'm not new to MMOs and certainly not dumb.

Edited by OGNARB

Right click is your basic attack as long as you have that basic attack on slot1 of your action bar. If you put somethign that requires rage in that slot then you're trying to use that ability when you right click. So, if you wish to use right click as your basic attack you need to put your basic rage generating attack on slot1 of your action bar.

right clicking only fires of whats in slot 1 of your main bar as the people here are trying to tell you.

Edited by Jonnara

On purpose I described both days of playing as detailed as I could so as to give you insight into what was happening... I kinda shortcut the rightclick and basic attack thingie, true and sorry it mislead anyone into thinking slot1 was bound to any other ability than Assault.

But if I write that on day one all was in perfect order and on day two I couldn't use my most basic abilities, even one that should generate rage like Assault (except for Force Jump and any ability that cost up to 3 rage therafter before the buffer cleared) then it's not as if I magically unlearned how to play on day two.

I did everything as I did on day one and yet I was unable to build rage.

There. Was that more clear than my previous posts?

So, based on what you are saying here, you have Assault bound to Quickbar 1 Slot 1. For the sake of clarity, I will assume you have Force Charge bound to Quickbar 1 Slot 2 (not ideal, but you do not have too many attacks at the moment, I guess. You then have Smash Quickbar 1 Slot 3.

Without using your mouse for this, what happens if you target a mob while you have no Rage, hit the number "2" (you should jumpt to the target and see a small increase in your Rage), then hit the number "3" (you should see your Rage drop to 0), then hit the number "1" (you should see your Rage increase to 2)?

Sounds to me like he replaced the basic attack on accident and isn't paying attention.

Or he may have intentionally replaced it with something else, not realizing the repercussions.

When I first got Sundering Strike on my Guardian, I didn't notice that it had a cooldown. Thought it was basically a replacement for Slash. So I threw it in quickslot 1.

Then I went out to kill something... And got my *** kicked. Didn't understand why I was doing so much less damage, why I had no Focus, why I was having such a hard time...

Until I noticed that I wasn't actually swinging my weapon every time I right-clicked... Because it was on cooldown.

Have you tried to unmap everything to see if that fixes the issue? Also try re-mapping them to see if that fixes it. Then, if anything was moved from the first slot, such as your first no rage attack, move it back to that slot. See if that alleviates the problem.

If not, make sure you also post this in the bug forums as well as submit a help ticket on it in game. I just can not imagine a bug being created just due to converting from a trial to a paid subscription.

Please don't insult people who are trying to help you. Xaearth is talking about a common problem that people have. It has nothing to do with your experience with MMOs.

The fact is, right-click is hardbound to the first (leftmost) ability in the center Quickslot Bar. This cannot be remapped or unbound. By default, the ability in this slot is your character's no-cost ability. In the case of the Sith Warrior, this is Assault, which is also your basic rage-builder. It is common for people to move this ability (either on purpose or by accident) and not realize that it will change their right-click action.

That is, right-click is not directly bound to the "Assault" ability - it is only bound to the leftmost Quickslot button. Also, it's easy to accidentally move your abilities if your Quickslot bars are unlocked (which is the default).

Since you mentioned right-clicking in order to attack, it is natural to think that you moved the Assault ability. If this isn't the case, then it could be a bug. Try pressing the Assault button (wherever it is) with your mouse and see if it builds Rage.

I just thought of something else: If your ability isn't being shown, then the keybind for it won't work. For instance, if you've expanded the Companion Bar and it covers your regular abilities, then the keybinds will fire your companion abilities. Similarly, if you put keybinds on your left and right Quickslot bars and then hide the bars, they won't work. Makes no sense, I know.

Sounds like you have never played an mmo before, or even a pc rpg.

Open your abilities list. Drag your basic attack to a certain quickslot. Target an enemy and click the quickslot key. Anyone who played an mmo before should know how to do this.

Advanced strategy: Remap that attack to a specific key, such as E. Stop right clicking on mobs already.

On purpose I described both days of playing as detailed as I could so as to give you insight into what was happening... I kinda shortcut the rightclick and basic attack thingie, true and sorry it mislead anyone into thinking slot1 was bound to any other ability than Assault.

But if I write that on day one all was in perfect order and on day two I couldn't use my most basic abilities, even one that should generate rage like Assault (except for Force Jump and any ability that cost up to 3 rage therafter before the buffer cleared) then it's not as if I magically unlearned how to play on day two.

First, your attitude isn't helping. Your rude response earlier was uncalled for in response to what was correct information he was providing you.

These are facts: Right click is not your basic attack. By default, it is whatever is in your slot 1 of your first quickslot. This isn't up for debate. Assault was in your slot 1 by default, leading to your misconception.

You likely accidentally dragged assault off of your first slot, or duplicated another skill on top of it. This can easily happen with unlocked quickslot bars. Hover your mouse over slot 1. Does Assault come up? It likely doesn't. In order to access assault, select your ability panel (click P or from the menu up top), find assault in there and drag it back down to your bar. Further, there is a padlock icon on your quickslot. Click it to lock and unlock. Lock you bars so it doesn't happen again.

After that, thank your lucky stars people were patient enough with you to answer your question after you so rudely turned down the correct answer the first time.

I see quite a few of these "no focus can't attack" threads. Usually takes a few posts before the OP realizes his/her error and understands. I guess expecting new mmo players to read tooltips is unrealistic.