Episode/Chapter replay feature.

Merwanor

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along with this it would be nice to replay the courting process with your companion. Sometimes with the long periods between conversations as you build affection points you lose track of what your prospective mate told you on the ship say... 2 weeks ago. It'd be nice to see that relationship blossom and intensify in a continuous clip.

Yes I realize you can pull the romance arcs up on YouTube but it is not your character.

I'd say it'd be a worthwhile cartel shop feature. The ability to pay a couple of bucks to replay your class mission would be fantastic. Although - It should be made so you don't lose your legacy rewards for having completed chapters etc. I'd say that's almost a given though.

i dont agree with your method, they need to add this option but not as a paying option.... we already pay a subcription to play this game, we should be allowed to replay the game without having to pay more...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definatly want, it would also allow many of those who feel bamboozled by how the romance with Jeasa in the SW works in regards to LS players to feel content. Plus it would add to the long-term health of the game and would again give those 55's something to do beside waiting for the next multi-player thing to arrive.

You say re-roll another character? What if I want my story in one nice concentrated injection without all the shenanigans of the other quests.

You say continuity is an issue? This isnt a mere re-watch with the ability to choose different dialogue, we are talking full blown class story resets with companions locked until they are actually acquired in game at the appropriate point

BioWare has always been known for their stellar stories and how they create ties between players and the NPCs

Take for example KOTOR, even back then, they knew what they were doing. That story is one of this games greatest strengths, so let us experience it again without anything else should we so choose.

Sadly with EA's acquisition of them, response to community feedback is likely to diminish due to corporate commander giving orders down the chain from the consistently voted "Worst Company in America"

So ladies and gentleman, we vote. With our wallets. We the community pay for this game, we own it and we also have the power to shut it down should we not receive what we want, such is the power of the consumer. If we were to collectively vote with our wallets, cease our subscriptions, cease purchases from the CM EA and BioWare will either give us what we want and continue making their profit, or fall into the red and lose money.

Now I'm not saying this should be done at the first sign of discontent but it SHOULD remain an option.

but to return to the point, Yes this should be implemented, Yes, it could even require CC.

Must. Have.

Edited by Colascione

I sure want to replay the story line of my 55 chars

Since i couldnt do them all at once, many times i lost what was going on, and at 3rd char and beyond i skiped them all since i was forgetting what was going on after 4-5 days

Edited by Kissakias

I would love to see this as well. I've just resubbed after a long absence and the ability to review completed class cutscenes and interactions would be fantastic, as I don't remember much about how I was playing each of my characters.

Yes, please make this an option! To unlock hard mode, you could click something on your ship, like a personal journal in the captain's cabin or something.

I don't just play the stories, I immerse myself in them. Each of my characters has their own personality and makes different choices. I'd love to go rewatch my agent smugly say,

"You can't say it, can you? Goodbye, Chance."

And it would also be amazing to add a companion conversation reset! That would be great, especially when you accidentally messed something up.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why is this still not a thing? I'm sure I made a few topics on this too. For an MMO so immersed in story it seems like such a waste of asset to only play the main story once per character. I've had my 50s for a few years now & I'd love to go through their story again.

For me it'd more like watching one of the Star Wars Movies again. I don't really want to make a clone character just to watch the story again. Especially for when the x12 XP ends we'll need to go back to doing planetary quests too.. which defiantly does not appeal to me.

Yes, yes, yes GOD yes. I've been wanting this from day one. I love recording all the most pivotal, exciting moments in my class stories. My Knight and Warrior striking down their final bosses, my Inquisitor's eyes glowing as Khem Val commands everyone to hail her, my Agent flying off into space, my Trooper's assault on The Gauntlet... I actually re-subscribed and pre-ordered Shadow of Revan, with very little intent to play it, just so I could have access to the x12 EXP bonus, and I could experience all the class stories again. I'm almost done the Jedi Knight story now with a ton of footage.

Please, Bioware. Please, for the love of God, give us this feature.

• 3 months later...

To dig this up again: After a year of not playing, I forgot a lot about the class story (maybe everything^^) but I still like my Chars and don't want to lose the achievments, items and general progression I have with them.

It would be really nice to replay the story without creating a new Char which would be useless after the story. I don't know why it is not possible already, because, like so many said before, the story is one of- or the best part of the game.

• 2 months later...

/bump

There was one strong thing about SWTOR that separated it from all of the WOW-like RPGs. And that is a great story and single player experience

Yeah, many would say "pff..roll another char". But just imagine.. you, playing Mass Effect filled with "kill 8 boars", "destroy 5 speeders" missions.. ugh..

Replaying class story is like re-watching a great movie.. and just don't say anything about youtube! (why having sex while you can watch **** then:) )

So yeah.. double hands up for a "New Game+" hardmode option. Great way to refresh some old content (and let's be true about it.. post 1.x story is ok, but it's nothing compared with 1.x content in terms of both writing (Drew Karpyshyn isn't at BW anymore :( ) and overall quality of content)

Development resources..? Seriously..? Almost none is required here. No new content obviously. And I guess a lot of mostly casual single-player oriented people like me with 8+ alts would be totally happy about that feature

Aaand just don't say that SWTOR is an MMO. Everyone know's that that's not completely the case.. it's like Revan, you know. Not a Jedi, not a Sith, but both;)

PS. BTW it's totally sad that they haven't made old FP's and OP's level-scaling too. Damn, i miss Esseles with my hi lvl chars.. after doing that FP for a first time I was like "WOW..that game totally rocks!". Old lvl 50 HM FP's were great.. new emperor, forge, rackghoul series..ohh.. just great. It would be so awesome to have all of them available, such a great diversity!

Edited by NorthFear

I didnt read the whole thread but what if it worked like Assassin Creed where you could select and replay certain missions/planets/chapters. This would be better. Also, short of making everything level 50/55/60, it could, for the duration of the mission (or until you abandon it) set your level/skills/gear to the level of that mission. It could even institute a sort of 12xp boost for the duration of the flashback mission so you can go through a planet and feel like your leveling etc. Of course, you're not really gaining xp. And if there are xp rewards they wouldnt be 12x outside the flashback. This would be awesome. Most of the time I would roll an alt. But sometimes, the whole story isn't worth it and you just want to see the good parts (I'm looking at you consular).

Not sure how much this would take to develop. They already have everything in theory...Level achieved by reverse bolster? Would be fun, if nothing else. Something to do when bored and no ops/pops are going

And it would also be amazing to add a companion conversation reset! That would be great, especially when you accidentally messed something up.

Would love this. Sometimes I go to a different toon come back and say, who even are you. I could use the re-exposition.

• 1 month later...

I love this idea too! Able to make your own little movie if you record it too. Plus, people may want to wear some specific clothing as well throughout the entire class playthrough, and some planet questlines.

+10! BioWare, make it happen!