Episode/Chapter replay feature.

Merwanor

I love the hard mode idea. In fact, I was just talking about something similar with friend the other night.

They could even add the "you need X character to complete this mission" lockouts to various places to keep it more authentic.

As for rewards, I think it would be a nice place to insert some Tionese (or equivalent) companion-specific armor sets, something along the lines of the ones you get upon first arriving to fleet.

It would also give 50s a reason to planet-retread, something this game desperately needs.

I myself also welcome the challenge. For one thing, I leveled a few classes solely in PvP and just when back to the class stories whenever, and I feel as if I sort of cheated myself in that regard.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about, if we so choose, we can replay our Class Story with "Hardmode" activated?

I mean, once you complete your class story, you are likely at or near lvl 50. I'm not really interested in having to fight lvl 1 mobs all over again. We would have to do a lot of open world fighting against lower leveled mobs, that can't really be altered, but how about all the instanced zones having there difficulty knocked up to lvl 50, so we aren't just facerolling our way through about 3/4s of our class story?

If you choose to replay your class story normal mode, you don't get any rewards, just story imerssion. But if you replay it hardmode, it could be made worthwhile with some credits as quest rewards? 15% chance for lvl 50 Mods to drop from Elites? 15% chance to drop PvE Comendations from Hardmode Bosses...?

At any rate, +1. This is a fantastic idea.

I had a similar idea to that

except in my hardmode it plays like normal mode but you go to an instanced version of that map once you accept the chain that starts it and all rewards you would normally get are cap boosted versions and instead of xp u gain a bit more cash or legacy xp as well as the ability to change alignment choices and rather than having to unlock companions again they just lock depending where you are in the instance zone story

This is a brilliant idea, epecially making it hardmode. This could be a great way to also motivate players to buy the new cartel armor sets, they get to play their class quest from start to finish looking awesome. ;)

It also means we don't have to stand around doing nothing waiting for flashpoints, Ops and PvP to pop. We can be playing our class quest instead of twiddling our thumbs. The potential to prolong player retention here is huge, it would allow us to see how the story plays out with different companions or give us a refresh on the story before a new expansion hits.

I suggest reposting this thread in the Cartel section of the forum, your more likely to get a dev response.

I would want this expecially since it doesn´t look like they are about to advance individual class stories in the game :( I like the class stories and I think it would be approriet to allow players to replay their class story in the endgame since after all we do nothing else then replaying the FP, operations and Heroics.

I would understand if there were no rewards included but replaying the story is enough of a reward for me ;)

I would want this expecially since it doesn´t look like they are about to advance individual class stories in the game :( I like the class stories and I think it would be approriet to allow players to replay their class story in the endgame since after all we do nothing else then replaying the FP, operations and Heroics.

I would understand if there were no rewards included but replaying the story is enough of a reward for me ;)

Class stories are going to be advanced in the future. Just not in RotHC, which was not originally meant as a full expansion, therefore its lower cost and "only" faction stories.

However, replaying with LS/DS choices disabled or forced as we made them first time would be great. I rerolled my Sage on PTS, and I was delighted to once more listen the Noetikon Masters ramble about various things...

• 1 month later...

IT would be great to get this feature soon. Not everyone can take advantage of double xp weekends. After it gets implemented I'd like to see Makeb's story also resetted (since it is another, fourth, chapter).

rerolling takes too much time. I want to focus on my story without doing hours of distracting quest. Story reset (along with companion dialogue) would be very helpful.

I ran out of Character slots, too.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

So to round up...

So many things in the game are repeatable, and usually, these are the multiplayer aspects. Heroic quests. Flashpoints. Operations. PvP matches. It's understandable why they're repeatable - because without that, you'd run out of people able to do them.

But in many ways, the class stories are what set SWTOR apart from other MMOs. In some ways, they're the game's best feature, and you can tell a lot of effort went into their construction. I'm sure lots of people enjoyed them. Why can't we do them again? The Flashpoints have a level 50 heroic mode; could our class stories have the same?

It's true that the class stories are single-player content, and probably should stay that way. A 'Heroic' option for them would be something similar to the NG+ modes in the Mass Effect series, in which you can restart the game with the skills you've already learned. You'd be able to play through the class story from the beginning again, facing level 50 (or 55, now?) versions of the opponents you'd fought originally.

- You'd have the opportunity to choose your character's dialogues as the same, if you remember them, or have the opportunity to see what other options might result in.

- It's something more engaging than re-running old Flashpoints solo for more DS/LS points and companion affection.

- Time to be awesome. Use all your abilities and skills from the very beginning!

- The chance to earn titles you missed out on, like the Bounty Hunter's 'Baron' title, or upgraded versions of classic equipment, like the Smuggler's A-300 Needler or the Inquisitor's Lord Kallig's Countenance.

- The possibility of a further incentive for completing your Heroic Questline. A one-off chance to earn end-game commendations, solo!

- The ability to experience the class story uninterrupted by the need to level, craft and do other world quests - like a movie. The perfect reward for levelling through the whole game!

- The opportunity for the developers, if they wished, to revisit the class stories and patch up some of their ropier or seemingly unpolished elements - such as the end location of the Consular story. Get twice the use out of the game assets you already have!

- The Acquisitions Race and the Rakghoul Plague event show that having level-appropriate mobs spawn outside of an instance is 100% possible!

I'm having a hard time seeing a downside to this. Assuming it's possible from a technical standpoint, why not?

• 4 months later...

I couldnt stand to do the planetary story lines again. Which is why I am PVP and FP leveling my alts now. Just to avoid all the planetary crap. This way I can go to each planet, blast through the class story, and move on. Sadly some of these class stories dont seem to flow to well when its just the class story. Almost as if it was meant to be broken up by other quests as well.

But personally I would like this idea for players that want to replay the same thing over and again. The only problem I have is, I dont want Bioware thinking "Hey if they like this idea, lets make a prestige system like COD." But maybe you all want to go through a class story ten times to get a gold weapon. And it helps Bioware not have to actually do any real work on content for this game. So its win/win for all.

Edited by tyranusdarec

• 3 weeks later...
instanced zones having there difficulty knocked up to lvl 50, so we aren't just facerolling our way through about 3/4s of our class story?

I really like this idea, even though it goes to lvl 55 now, because you know when you switch instances to fight the wb when it isn't there, well there could be a 50+ area, it would also mean that you wouldn't have to do Makeb story line, coz i found that quite boring. you could also be able to do side quests if you wanted, but as you are 50-55 you don't have to, and it would help if i could do a Let's Play on Youtube, but of just the class, it would be more fun to play, and watch.

Edited by SamsterHam

The problem with this is continuity.... remember, you may have kept someone alive or killed them. Part of the storyline are the choices that you make. Now, making them level 55 HM would be fun and when they make the storylines that are part of the previous storyline, then it would refer back to the storyline version of what you chose.

But, why not reroll another character and start over with different choices?