Add Denon Exosphere to Team Deathmatch

FlavivsAetivs

GSF hasn't gotten a single bugfix in two years, barring a fix to a cartel market item that simply broke another cartel market item instead last week. So maybe asking for new content is kind of a stretch.

But really, how hard would it be to add the Team Deathmatch gamemode to Denon Exosphere? It's not a new map, the other two maps have both Domination and Team Deathmatch, so it isn't too much of a stretch to ask for it.

~ Eudoxia

+1. We are all well aware that the devs don't have a lot of time to spend on GSF, but it seems like a Denon TDM map would offer pretty good dev time:impact ratio. I mean, seriously: add a sprinkling of power-ups, a dash of random space debris...what more is there to do?

It will be a gunship heaven due to map size and lack of hideouts. My suggestion is no. Don't add TDM mode to Denon map.

Really? You have to drop in here to say that? Yeah, there will probably be a lot of gunships, but that could be mitigated a bit by dropping in the aforementioned debris. At this point, I think a lot of us would be happy to accept ANY change to GSF, if only to add a little variety. You're going to be in the minority on this one.

I agree that adding rocks or debris in place of Sats a and b (I think the c area is fine) would be needed but the other 2 maps turn into gs fights all the time anyway even mesas. The 2 cap ships near b would probably be good spots for a repair nest anyway but on either side there already is some debris. I think the way it would play out would be a lot like shipyards but wouldn't mind if they trimmed off a little around the edges to make the map a litte smaller for TDM. It would be a nice addition to the lineup that wouldn't take a lot of time and resources.

It will be a gunship heaven due to map size and lack of hideouts. My suggestion is no. Don't add TDM mode to Denon map.

You mean other than all the debris and the two capitol ships? The ambient laser fire would make it the most epic TDM.

I sort of wonder how the play would turn out without adding extra debris to Denon. Gunships are generally pretty keen on having a lot of cover to work with, and not so keen on large expanses of empty space to cross.

Denon is also big enough and open enough that setting up a bomber for cover could be a real challenge.

I'd probably try it as is first, and then add more cover only if the play turned out to be a disaster.

It could turn out a very scouty map given the distances. You might even see the occasional tensor scout or beacon bomber.

Well, i may have been too hurry. I'm not against TDM mode on Denon or any new stuff to gsf, just want to point to re-work the map a bit before adding the mode. In my opinion there is too much free space on A (space station) and B (capship battle). Throwing some debris or any other hideouts could make this map suitable for TDM. And relocating spawn spots a bit nearer to the battlefield.

More GSF development, please. This would be a fine place to start. It would not be overly complicated to make Denon suitable for TDM. It has lots of interesting 'terrain'. They could shuffle some of the more far-flung debris bits inward, pull in the spawn points, and it would be a nice new flavor in GSF's increasingly stale smorgasbord.

- Despon

This would be a splendid thing to implement. The addition of this to the game would also bring in a whole not to new players, as well and bringing older players that left back into the fold. The community of gsf is ready and able to try to nurture and retain these players, if only the devs provide some incentive for them to give it a shot by offering something new.

Even receiving some sort of response to this thread at all would work wonders for participation.

Even to go a step further they could set up ranked play on TDM maps and that would allow the new players a respite from all the Aces. Just like in ground PvP.

NB4..."but population!!!!"

Giving the Aces something else to do will help with the population.

Edited by Lendul

/signed

Anything new for GSF at all would be welcome, and this seems like it would be fairly easy to implement, requiring only the removal of the sats and the addiiton of some power-up spawn points.

And as someone mentioned above, I think it would be really interesting to see a TDM map with more open space in it; I think it would open things up for some less frequently used ships in TDM, and force the development of a few new strategies.