Tensor Scout Night

Tensor Scout Night

Spearpoint Sunday? Tensor Tournament? Having trouble with a fun name for this one.

RULES: Only T3 Scouts (Spearpoint and whatever the imp one is).

WHERE: Jedi Covenant, Sunday, April 24th, 6 PM-11 PM EST (11 PM-4 AM GMT).

FACTION: I'm going to try to do both Pub and Imp side this time.

VOICE CHAT: Maulkat has offered her mumble, so we will use that.

VOTE: Raffle. All you have to do to register is show up and fly a T3 Scout.

PRIZE: 3 mil + GSF themed item (to be determined).

** Note: I automatically disqualify myself from winning as event organizer. **

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

As someone who loves flying a T3 scout, constitutionally incapable of committing deliberate tensor-cide, and who takes a perverse sort of glee in taking down bombers with Thermites and Snap Turns, this is an event I will definitely try to make! :D The east coast time might make it hard, but I'll do my best. Thanks for hosting!

Hey guys, Tensor scout night is 1 week away!

I am currently obtaining a GSF ship for a prize, but I can guarantee a cash prize of 3 mil will definitely be there. If I can't get a GSF ship I'll try and get some GSF paintjobs or Alliance Fighter Decos or something GSF themed.

~ Eudoxia

Hey all, Tensor scout night is proceeding mostly as planned. Zuck/Max/Tobias will be hosting it now, so far on the same day at the same time. I'm sure he'll notify everyone of any changes to that.

~ Eudoxia

Right, I may have to either make it a little later, or get some help from someone else on JC to take notes on whoever's participating during the first couple hours of the event. But I still want to do it. Prizes will be awarded, and fun will be had.

I'm still fine with running this, but I won't be able to get online until the tail end of the event. Hopefully the last 2 hours. If someone wants to volunteer to help me build a list of early-evening participants (for prize purposes) - that would be great. Otherwise I'll have to limit that list to whoever I happen to see in a T3 when I get on.

The 3M prize Eudoxia noted is still up for grabs, no clue yet on the GSF-themed item...but I'll see if I can find something moderately interesting.

Looking forward to tensor and EMPs galore, sounds like fun!

My raid team on Harb changed raiding nights and I will not make tensor night. I'm sorry for the short notice.

You missed...nothing. Pretty much a bust. I missed half of it myself, and the games I participated in were largely ruined by people insisting on flying meta ships. We had one good TDM (46-45) with about a half dozen T3s, and a few other games with maybe 2-3 total T3s. After a TDM facing 5 GS, I just gave up. Not fun at that point.

Maybe the games I missed were better, I don't know.

I blame myself in part, because I really did nothing to advertise the event, and as mentioned, wasn't able to make a lot of it. But two big thumbs down to the bombers and gunships...you know who you are.

Props to those who did participate: Graendahl, Velancy, Blueghost'three, Alpha-chaos, Zagobe, Aldernil, Oscarette, Chryss, Pseudovector...you were the ones I saw in T3s. I'll come up with some kind of reward for your efforts.

Too bad I had to go in middle :/ But those atches I was in weren't so bad; RFL spray and pray was pretty funny, I did not get into much TDMs though... (the one I was in was pretty close).

By the way, please don't count me in the raffle - I am practically not playing on JC, so let's someone else have it :)

You missed...nothing. Pretty much a bust. I missed half of it myself, and the games I participated in were largely ruined by people insisting on flying meta ships. We had one good TDM (46-45) with about a half dozen T3s, and a few other games with maybe 2-3 total T3s. After a TDM facing 5 GS, I just gave up. Not fun at that point.

Maybe the games I missed were better, I don't know.

I blame myself in part, because I really did nothing to advertise the event, and as mentioned, wasn't able to make a lot of it. But two big thumbs down to the bombers and gunships...you know who you are.

Props to those who did participate: Graendahl, Velancy, Blueghost'three, Alpha-chaos, Zagobe, Aldernil, Oscarette, Chryss, Pseudovector...you were the ones I saw in T3s. I'll come up with some kind of reward for your efforts.

Sucks to hear that Zuck.

~ Eudoxia

Aww...I missed this, though I was working. Forgot it was happening. Though I did fly through about 4-4:30 am eastern time. Had some great matches.....but a rough beginning for me wee ones, lol.

Flew from about midnight thru 4:30.

Xcal and I were able to make it out for a game! In the one we were in it was all 8 of our side in T3's, however, the imps we played against were mostly new players. It was a pretty fast paced game, with everyone using tensor on one another constantly. We wondered what the new players on the other side were thinking, spearpoint is OP?

We just did the one game (right after you left zuck) because we went to watch Got after, sorry we couldn't stay longer, but we wanted to show support.

We don't need to be put in the raffle

Even though i only managed to do 3 matches (I'm from EU so it was quite late here when it started) i still had fun.

But yeah, it sucks that people had to pick bombers/GS against a full team of T3 scouts, but thats just how it is i guess.

Xcal and I were able to make it out for a game! In the one we were in it was all 8 of our side in T3's, however, the imps we played against were mostly new players. It was a pretty fast paced game, with everyone using tensor on one another constantly. We wondered what the new players on the other side were thinking, spearpoint is OP?

We just did the one game (right after you left zuck) because we went to watch Got after, sorry we couldn't stay longer, but we wanted to show support.

We don't need to be put in the raffle

Thanks Vexx, that actually makes me feel better...at least I now know a game like I'd envisioned took place. That's the kind of thing I wanted to see, what with the zipping and the zooming and whatnot.

And upon reflection I don't think I'll make it a raffle, I'll just send a load of credits to everyone I saw in a T3 (other than those who declined a prize). I mean, hey, it's just fake money. And I have a lot of it.

Even though i only managed to do 3 matches (I'm from EU so it was quite late here when it started) i still had fun.

But yeah, it sucks that people had to pick bombers/GS against a full team of T3 scouts, but thats just how it is i guess.

Ah, didn't know Velancy = Myralli, I see you on TRE quite a bit. Thanks for the support last night, especially considering the time difference.

Edited by MaximilianPower

I enjoyed the T3 matches, for the ones that actually ended up being actual T3 matches. Imp side wasn't cooperating they would consistently go bombers + gunships, and many of them didn't even have the tensor scout on their bars. :-/ the games would de-evolve quickly and go standard with the team that went Tensor Scouts to start with a massive disadvantage to start out with. I went imp side to try and convince them, but most of the good games were wargames on Pub side. :-/ I think Strike Night was the best for Eudoxia's farewell. Looking forward to new events to come though. The constant tensoring was somewhat hilarious with never-out-sonic-the-hedgehog-boosting