Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The new Dashade is "official"

IanArgent

I think with Jeasa they'll have her become grey. She'll be included because she IS a LI, but to avoid overriding previous choices, but make it easier to put her in, they'll probably just give her a new personality that she falls in even if she's light or dark. Something she comes to without you there to manipulate her.

Or they could just let her go dark, the light Jaesa could go dark through some hard life.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit easier for her, since she is two separate companions. They could keep intact the flag for the Warrior, and give everyone else the "canonical" version (which is probably Dark Side). Bet she comes as an alliance alert, if they do that.

They won't have a canon version. That's one of the reasons they're 'replacing' Khem.

Khem uses his own alien speak. It hardly requires new voice work to get him back into the game. If the player chose Zash, and you don't want that VA to make some money, have Khem manage to reassert himself somehow in the five year separation. There is no good reason that BW couldn't have the SI be able to recruit Khem, while all other classes recruit the new Deshade. Give the new guy a different skin and off we go.

Taking him away from the SI only to introduce another Deshade makes zero sense. We need a Deshade now? That's what they're saying if they're going through the trouble of creating this character to replace Khem. Come on. If he can't come back, then fine, don't bring him back and certainly don't introduce Random Deshade no one gives two ***** about.

Force the choice on an SI and undo their original choice? Why do you hate Max_Killjoy so much? (I'd be kinda annoyed, too)

Force the choice on an SI and undo their original choice? Why do you hate Max_Killjoy so much? (I'd be kinda annoyed, too)

I'm not the one cheaping out on getting a VA to say a few lines, but if money is the issue, better to piss off some than all.

I'd much rather they write/record dialogue for ZashKhem and write dialogue for Khem and Random Deshade to say using their alien babble.

For D/L Jaesa, as well. There's only two original companions with distinct branching personalities.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

I think with Jeasa they'll have her become grey. She'll be included because she IS a LI, but to avoid overriding previous choices, but make it easier to put her in, they'll probably just give her a new personality that she falls in even if she's light or dark. Something she comes to without you there to manipulate her.

I think the way to handle it with Jaesa is to just bring her back as a dark sider. Dark side is the default anyway. They could have it that if Jaesa was still light side aligned when Zakuul invaded, that she fell to the dark side in the aftermath of the Zakuul invasion and because of the anger/anquish over the Sith Warrior's disappearance and possible death.

So as not completely disregard player choice, give the light side Sith the chance to redeem her and pull her back to the light. Maybe Jedi as well, though I'm a bit torn on whether it should only be someone with a personal connection with her (the Sith Warrior) that should be able to pull her back.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I think the way to handle it with Jaesa is to just bring her back as a dark sider. Dark side is the default anyway. They could have it that if Jaesa was still light side aligned when Zakuul invaded, that she fell to the dark side in the aftermath of the Zakuul invasion and because of the anger/anquish over the Sith Warrior's disappearance and possible death.

So as not completely disregard player choice, give the light side Sith the chance to redeem her and pull her back to the light. Maybe Jedi as well, though I'm a bit torn on whether it should only be someone with a personal connection with her (the Sith Warrior) that should be able to pull her back.

LS is the default you need to be dark 2 or 3 (not sure) to get DS Jaesa

LS is the default you need to be dark 2 or 3 (not sure) to get DS Jaesa

If you create characters at level 60 just to run KotFE, dark side is canon for Sith characters and light side canon for the Jedi. Jaesa being dark side then should also be the default, with that only changing if the player played a light side Sith from level 1 who never corrupted Jaesa.

Considering more players are likely to have dark side Jaesa than light, as well as dark side being assumed if you start up a Sith at level 60, it makes more sense to have Jaesa return as dark sided than light. Besides it's easier for the writers to justify a dark side turn in response to the Zakuul invasion than a light side redemption.

Light side Sith could still get their light side Jaesa in the end, they'd just have a bump in the road brought about by the Zakuul invasion, and would need to redeem her.

I think that's the best way for Bioware to handle it, since two completely different versions of the character from the start is probably not doable.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Obviously, I'd prefer that they find a way to preserve the different personalities based on your choices - but if they do decide to 'standardize' Jaesa, I think it would be more interesting to find that she had defected to the Knights of Zakuul because she wound up disillusioned, regardless of her allignment.

Dialogue with SW who took LS Jaesa option: "I tried to stay true to the Light even after my Master fell, but when I lost you as well, I learned that the Light really is weak. I could never go over to the Dark Side, but the Knights showed me there was another path."

Dialogue with SW who took DS Jaesa option: "When my Master fell, you showed me that the Light Side was a lie, but when you disappeared I learned that the Dark Side was ultimately no better. The Knights have shown me the strength that both the Jedi and the Sith could not."

Dialogue with non-SW classes: "I was a Jedi padawan once, then I found myself fighting alongside a powerful Sith, but now I have found my true calling with the Knights of Zakuul." (Keep it ambiguous whether she fell to the DS since it ultimately doesn't matter.)

Both DS and LS Jaesa always just seemed more like caricatures than characters to me, if they're going to chuck out pre-KOTFE choices, I'd rather they at least give us a more three-dimensional character as a result.

Edited by DarthDymond

Remind me again why I should ever take an SI through KotFE...

Actually, don't -- that was entirely rhetorical.

I was about to start it on mine this week. I was also completely oblivious to the changes and spoilers of the incoming chapters, because I usually prefer to not spoil the surprises. But this is indeed a game changer - for me at least. I will probably prefer to hold up on running my SI through Kotfe until I can see what is gonna happen.

Seriously Bioware? Couldn't even be bothered to give him a new texture instead of recycled Khem customization? You're already going the easy way with making up new Dashade companion (with the same generic Voice Overs) to avoid having to deal with Khem/Zash choice. Making a new unique looks is the least I would expect...

Obviously, I'd prefer that they find a way to preserve the different personalities based on your choices - but if they do decide to 'standardize' Jaesa, I think it would be more interesting to find that she had defected to the Knights of Zakuul because she wound up disillusioned, regardless of her allignment.

Dialogue with SW who took LS Jaesa option: "I tried to stay true to the Light even after my Master fell, but when I lost you as well, I learned that the Light really is weak. I could never go over to the Dark Side, but the Knights showed me there was another path."

Dialogue with SW who took DS Jaesa option: "When my Master fell, you showed me that the Light Side was a lie, but when you disappeared I learned that the Dark Side was ultimately no better. The Knights have shown me the strength that both the Jedi and the Sith could not."

Dialogue with non-SW classes: "I was a Jedi padawan once, then I found myself fighting alongside a powerful Sith, but now I have found my true calling with the Knights of Zakuul." (Keep it ambiguous whether she fell to the DS since it ultimately doesn't matter.)

That's going to make her a totally different character, I don't think any side would prefer that.

I'm pretty sure you get DS/LS Jaesa depending on your choices in your story. My marauder was neutral at that point and got DS Jaesa.

I got DS Jaesa during the last 2xp event, below a certain DS alignmet you don't even get the choices that trigger DS Jaesa, i've tried every option available and had to create a new char and raise DS points with diplomacy to get the extra dialog line, a neutral char will 100% get LS Jaesa.

The really annoying thing about this (and the fact that Create-a-60 characters have default options, for that matter) is that the KOTOR series already had a work-around for this sort of thing in KOTOR 2: have a simple dialogue exchange where you describe what you "know" about recent history, and set the appropriate flags according to your choices there.

Lana: "We have a lead on a Deshade that used to work for a Dark Council member."

Option A: "I remember hearing a rumor that it is actually the Darth's former master in a monster's body." [set flag to Zash]

Option B: "I've heard about this beast, he's supposedly quite a brute." [set flag to Khem]

I got DS Jaesa during the last 2xp event, below a certain DS alignmet you don't even get the choices that trigger DS Jaesa, i've tried every option available and had to create a new char and raise DS points with diplomacy to get the extra dialog line, a neutral char will 100% get LS Jaesa.

I don't know why it was different for you, but my neutral warrior got the choice, and that warrior has never been farther than maybe 250 alignments points away from 0.

I've also heard conflicting things about Nadia. Some people say it was easy to shut down her romance, while others say they never took a flirt with her and couldn't escape her romance. So I don't know what's going on.

Edited by grania

If you create characters at level 60 just to run KotFE, dark side is canon for Sith characters and light side canon for the Jedi. Jaesa being dark side then should also be the default, with that only changing if the player played a light side Sith from level 1 who never corrupted Jaesa.

Considering more players are likely to have dark side Jaesa than light, as well as dark side being assumed if you start up a Sith at level 60, it makes more sense to have Jaesa return as dark sided than light. Besides it's easier for the writers to justify a dark side turn in response to the Zakuul invasion than a light side redemption.

Light side Sith could still get their light side Jaesa in the end, they'd just have a bump in the road brought about by the Zakuul invasion, and would need to redeem her.

I think that's the best way for Bioware to handle it, since two completely different versions of the character from the start is probably not doable.

It's not really cannon, it's just default, auto 60 doesn't even get the titles you get when you do the whole story, so i don't think default auto60 Jaesa being DS means anything, it's just a choice they made.

I don't know why it was different for you, but my neutral warrior got the choice, and that warrior has never been farther than maybe 250 alignments points away from 0.

I've also heard conflicting things about Nadia. Some people say it was easy to shut down her romance, while others say they never took a flirt with her and couldn't escape her romance. So I don't know what's going on.

Honestly it never occurred to me that i might have some sort of bug, so it's possible that you are right actually.

The really annoying thing about this (and the fact that Create-a-60 characters have default options, for that matter) is that the KOTOR series already had a work-around for this sort of thing in KOTOR 2: have a simple dialogue exchange where you describe what you "know" about recent history, and set the appropriate flags according to your choices there.

Lana: "We have a lead on a Deshade that used to work for a Dark Council member."

Option A: "I remember hearing a rumor that it is actually the Darth's former master in a monster's body." [set flag to Zash]

Option B: "I've heard about this beast, he's supposedly quite a brute." [set flag to Khem]

This would be good if they could pull it off in this game which, if KOTOR had it, surely they can?

I don't want my romanced Jaesa grey, MY Jaesa is DS pure and simple.

I always though this would be a great way around it it would also work with Jaesa too, the VA would still have to record all her lines twice though.

I also wonder how influence will work with the new Desharde, Khem was my most used companion for my SI he was rank 30+ I do not want to loose any influence because they are not bringing Khem back, if bioware are never giving us Khem back then at least transfer his influence over.

Still I wonder if they are just going the easy route and a Desharde for all (Khem being loyal/bound to the SI) or if its like people believe that Khem should be dead anyway because of being away from the SI for too long.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.