The new Dashade is "official"

IanArgent

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be a shame if they got rid of Khem entirely. I've never cared for him much personally but I know there's plenty people who do really enjoy this companion. Who cared about choosing him or Zash, liked his companion story line and invested a lot of time/effort into his influence and looks. I suppose he at least remains retrievable via the console?

I get the impression he will be a replacement, as several in game items related to Khem such as customizations have had their names changed.
If you preview Khem's customizations the name there is Akgal Usar, been that way for some time now.

"Choices matter!... just not the ones you might have made during the original game, those would be too hard to work into the narrative so we'll just work around them instead." :p

"Choices matter -- until they conflict with the story that WE, at BIOWARE, wish to tell. "

Sometimes, after ME3 and KotFE, I think the "creative" staff at Bioware should go into movie-making and leave the games to people who aren't frustrated wannabe cinematic auteurs...

Edited by Max_Killjoy

"Choices matter -- until they conflict with the story that WE, at BIOWARE, wish to tell. "

Sometimes, after ME3 and KotFE, I think the "creative" staff at Bioware should go into movie-making and leave the games to people who aren't frustrated wannabe cinematic auteurs...

Oh cry me a river. Nothing related to Khem Val has been changed against the players' decisions. They simply decided not to feature it all togheter. Your precious choice (Which doesn't change anything because that thing still uses Khem sound files even if you keep Zash over it) is not overwritten.

Oh cry me a river. Nothing related to Khem Val has been changed against the players' decisions. They simply decided not to feature it all togheter. Your precious choice (Which doesn't change anything because that thing still uses Khem sound files even if you keep Zash over it) is not overwritten.

Again, nice attitude. Who pissed in your forumula this morning?

/plonk

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Yeah figured as much after seeing the Twitch broadcast thingemajiggy. Question remains is he an addition to a future-returning Khem or is he replacing Khem entirely?

This is their way to avoid overriding the player choice regarding Khem.

Yeah, you shouldn't have a SI to take at all.

I hate the Imperial Agent story... I don't tell people to never play IAs.

This is their way to avoid overriding the player choice regarding Khem.

"Choices matter -- when it's convenient."

"Choices matter -- until we decide otherwise."

"Choices matter -- that's our story and we're sticking to it."

Edited by Max_Killjoy

If, as I was told earlier, they had the VA needed for the one choice at the end of the SI storyline already in to do work for KotFE already, having them record the additional dialog necessary to do Khem as a alliance alert would have been, while not free, not a whole lot more expensive. And worth doing.

If they would have had to bring them in just to do it, and had to pay the base rate; then that's another story.

While I'd love to see Khem return, I can understand why the devs are introducing a new Dashade. From a story perspective it is difficult to justify Khem being any Outlander's companion except for the Sith Inquisitor. Khem should even be dead, in fact. Wasn't it stated that the dark side bindings that tie him to the Inquisitor would kill him if he was separated from the Inquisitor?

I hate the Imperial Agent story... I don't tell people to never play IAs.

"Choices matter -- when it's convenient."

"Choices matter -- until we decide otherwise."

"Choices matter -- that's our story and we're sticking to it."

Yet you pay a subscription which (Although not as much as cartel market) helps funding them for more content you don't support. And yes, it's their product, their game, their story.