Subscribers check your cartel coin ledgers, BioWare may be ripping you off.

Deimir

Hi Eric I think you have gone passed that planned fix and the issue is still happening to customers if it continues people will start missing out on their CC's after 10 months (10 x 3 = 30) simple equation so with in that time frame people would have lost the equivalent to one month of CC's for 6 the 6 month subscribers that is 600 cc's. Why was the fix not put in place. To me it also appears that the issue is with those that has chosen a subscription base that is for more than 30 days at a time, as you stated that it start in august however it dis not start for me until I changed from a 30 day sub to a 6 180 day sub, that is when it changed for me.

Can we please get an update to this or on a 10 month anniversary will we get an extra month grant of coins.

I doubt they really care or are going to fix it.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

My monthly cc is now 24 Days delayed from the monthly sub fee. This month, it was still delayed by 3 Days. No Fix at all. So i guess, in 2 months, i lose a complete month of 500cc.

I mailed the support and guess what, they said, they cannt do anything. After that, i called the support per phone and they said the same ...

Since we are just to wait and not get mad because the CC are coming and I Quote the Email I just got "Now you will get your coins don’t worry we have not forgotten you there is sadly just a delay on the delivery date but I can confirm for every paid 30 day game time you will get your complementary cartel coins." as said by Phil from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So since October...

9/18/2015

10/21/2015

11/23/2015

12/23/2015

1/25/2016

2/27/2016

3/31/2016

Nothing for April for still as of May 2nd

So if I get credits in May is it for April or May? But Ya its coming right?:mad:

Since we are just to wait and not get mad because the CC are coming and I Quote the Email I just got "Now you will get your coins don’t worry we have not forgotten you there is sadly just a delay on the delivery date but I can confirm for every paid 30 day game time you will get your complementary cartel coins." as said by Phil from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So since October...

9/18/2015

10/21/2015

11/23/2015

12/23/2015

1/25/2016

2/27/2016

3/31/2016

Nothing for April for still as of May 2nd

So if I get credits in May is it for April or May? But Ya its coming right?:mad:

It's every 30 (33, while affected by this issue) days, not every month. Much like you're billed for 30 days of play (or multiples), not per month of play.

It's every 30 (33, while affected by this issue) days, not every month. Much like you're billed for 30 days of play (or multiples), not per month of play.

My bill date is the 15th of the month. I listed the reward dates.

9/18/2015 3 days late

10/21/2015 6 days late

11/23/2015 8 days late

12/23/2015 8 days late

1/25/2016 10 days late

2/27/2016 12 days late

3/31/2016 16 days late

Nothing for April 18 days and counting late

Edited by Bhais

My bill date is the 15th of the month. I listed the reward dates.

And there is a known and acknowledged issue (which I referred to in my post) where, since august, the CC grants have been slipping by 3 days every 30. The slippage is still less than 30 days (my personal slippage is either 18 or 21 days, I'd have to check which). The calendar month is irrelevant since the schedule was never based on calendar months. As of right now I'd expect you're going to get your grant 33 days after 3/31 - around 5/3 or so. Which is a slippage of around 18 days, still within the 30 days from billing cycle reset on the 15th.

Now, before you accuse me of siding with BW; I (naively) expected when they said they had identified the issue and were fixing it in April, that the next (current) grant cycle would be 30 days, not 33, which it wasn't. Also, I think they ought to reset the grant cycles to the billing cycle and suck it up that this would, in essence, give a "free" cycle. But that would be a positive gesture, not a requirement - as long as it hits within the 30 days after the billing cycle date, they are (technically) in compliance. And we don't knwo what their internal cycle is for the grant - as a couple of people pointed out, fixing in the current cycle might not become apparent until the next cycle. We will have to wait out and see in May.

The monthly 500 coins is erratic, but I know I've never seen the 100 coins/month for having a security key. And I know better than to think EAWare is going to give that back tally to me (I've had the key since launch, they'd likely judge it too much of their precious Cartel coinage).

Having a security key has other benefits, so I don't regret getting it (it came in the collector's edition), but I am very wary about EAWare's promotional offers as a result.

The monthly 500 coins is erratic, but I know I've never seen the 100 coins/month for having a security key. And I know better than to think EAWare is going to give that back tally to me (I've had the key since launch, they'd likely judge it too much of their precious Cartel coinage).

Having a security key has other benefits, so I don't regret getting it (it came in the collector's edition), but I am very wary about EAWare's promotional offers as a result.

Do you currently have access to the security key vendor? Even if it's not active, the login box will accept an entry; so that's not actually a good way of determining if it's active on your account. If not, try re-adding it (or dropping and re-adding). If you care about the grant, anyway

Posting this as an FYI, this does not appear to be fixed.

Nothing thus far for me, day 31 and counting.

Previous award dates:

7/14/2015

8/15/2015 (32 days, issue begins?)

Missing Balance: 2 days

9/17/2015 (33 days)

Missing Balance: 5 days

10/20/2015 (33 days)

Missing Balance: 8 days

11/22/2015 (33 days)

Missing Balance: 11 days

12/25/2015 (33 days) (Merry Christmas)

Missing Balance: 14 days

1/27/2016 (33 days)

Missing Balance: 17 days

2/29/2016 (33 days) (nearly missed february, good thing it is a leap year)

Missing Balance: 20 days

4/02/2016 (33 days) (no March)

Missing Balance: 23 days

It is now 5/3/2016 (31 days), and the post by Eric Musco in dev tracker that the issue had been resolved seems pre-mature.

So far I'm missing 24 days of subscriber rewards, if the May reward comes on the 5th, it'll be 26 days, nearly an entire reward missed.

Posting this as an FYI, this does not appear to be fixed.

Nothing thus far for me, day 31 and counting.

Previous award dates:

7/14/2015

9/17/2015 (33 days)

10/20/2015 (33 days)

11/22/2015 (33 days)

1/27/2016 (33 days)

2/29/2016 (33 days) (nearly missed february, good thing it is a leap year)

It is now 5/3/2016 (31 days), and the post by Eric Musco in dev tracker that the issue had been resolved seems pre-mature.

So far I'm missing 24 days of subscriber rewards, if the May reward comes on the 5th, it'll be 26 days, nearly an entire reward missed.

These dates are identical to mine.

Why not just issue them on the 15th of every month so this problem goes away? Seriously, this is a stupidly easy problem to fix.

These dates are identical to mine.

Why not just issue them on the 15th of every month so this problem goes away? Seriously, this is a stupidly easy problem to fix.

Sounds simple, but if someone bought 30 days of time on the 16th of August, they'd have to wait till 31 days have passed to get their CC, ie after their sub time has run out. And sure as hell, someone will.

Then you just get people here complaining about why they can't just get the CC on the day they pay for their sub.

"It's the circle............the circle of life"

(and now it's stuck in your head for the rest of the day:D)

Sounds simple, but if someone bought 30 days of time on the 16th of August, they'd have to wait till 31 days have passed to get their CC, ie after their sub time has run out. And sure as hell, someone will.

Then you just get people here complaining about why they can't just get the CC on the day they pay for their sub.

"It's the circle............the circle of life"

(and now it's stuck in your head for the rest of the day:D)

January 15: Check to see who was subscribed on December 15.

If that player has been subscribed non-stop since then, issue them coins.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Yes, after what.... like 6 years.... people who have been subscribed non stop will have receive an extra months worth. Big whoop.

And while I understand someone might say "these are 30 day grants, not monthly" - that's inaccurate. That may be what Eric said but my emails specifically use the word monthly.

On the bird-poop <-> bear-poop scale, yes, this is bird poop. I get it.

But seems like this is such a simple transaction to handle (pretty much every bill I pay is on a monthly cycle), it's a shame this is something that has to "get looked into" or "fixed" when there is so many things I'd rather them be working on or have Eric updating me on.

January 15: Check to see who was subscribed on December 15.

If that player has been subscribed non-stop since then, issue them coins.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Yes, after what.... like 6 years.... people who have been subscribed non stop will have receive an extra months worth. Big whoop.

And while I understand someone might say "these are 30 day grants, not monthly" - that's inaccurate. That may be what Eric said but my emails specifically use the word monthly.

On the bird-poop <-> bear-poop scale, yes, this is bird poop. I get it.

But seems like this is such a simple transaction to handle (pretty much every bill I pay is on a monthly cycle), it's a shame this is something that has to "get looked into" or "fixed" when there is so many things I'd rather them be working on or have Eric updating me on.

My ledger shows a grant every 30 days (prior to the issue taking effect); which is (slightly) better than monthly overall (and a lot easier to code). Please note, while I have said it's not a big deal right now, I've also said: They need to fix it (and by missing the fix for this cycle, they got ... bird-poop on their face), and that I feel they ought to suck it up and reset everyone's grant date to their last sub date and just suck up that they would be giving most everyone an extra grant this year. They don't need to do that, but it would be a "nice gesture."

I've noticed this problem as well. Only for me, it seems the actually skipped an entire month at one point. I've had a continuous sub.

Here are my dates. Starting in August of last year:

08/02/2015: 500

09/02/2015: 500 (31 days)

10/05/2015: 500 (33 days)

11/07/2015: 500 (33 days)

MISSING DECEMBER DESPITE BEING SUBBED!! (note, I got an email on 12/9/2015 saying they gave me 525 coins. My ledger shows no coins on that date. Grants always show the day after the email so it would have been 33 days)

01/12/2016: 525 (67 days)

02/14/2016: 500 (33 days)

03/18/2016: 500 (33 days)

04/20/2016: 500 (33 days)

08/14/2015: 100

09/13/2015: 100 (30 days)

10/13/2015: 100 (30 days)

11/12/2015: 100 (30 days)

12/12/2015: 100 (30 days)

01/11/2016: 100 (30 days)

02/10/2016: 100 (30 days)

03/11/2016: 100 (30 days)

04/10/2016: 100 (30 days)

So the despite the oddity with December, there appears to be a pattern. Security Key reward is 30 days. Monthly sub is 33 days. Thank you for starting this thread. Looks like I have to contact Customer Service about December's missing sub grant.

Edited by Wurble

In all fairness, it takes my computer 72 hours to do things sometimes. It isn't as if these cartel coins could be credited exactly when they bill your credit card. I mean come on, programming doesn't work like that. Edited by Bannidles

Or how about when they doctor the ledger to support their "findings". The response to one of my tickets stated that I had received my grant at the end of December. However, the ledger that I had said I had not. I have a capture of it taken on 4/19/16 when I challenged that response. Interestingly, I checked today to see if I might have gotten my grant since my last grant was on 04/04, just before the alleged patch was put in place to allegedly fix this problem. And, lo and behold there is now an entry saying that I received my grant on the 27th of December, where as of 04/19 no such entry existed.

In my case, things were going along swimmingly until December. My grants always came in around the 25th of the month, sometimes a day early even. Then we went from 11/24/15, pretty much on time, to 01/29/16 without a grant, and I have the screen captures to back this up. I am not looking to get the missing coins back, I am just looking for someone to take ownership and say, "Yep, it looks like you got shafted and we're sorry."

(Btw, my captures show that there was a transaction on 12/27, but it was my spending 200 coins for an ingame purchase, probably one of the worthless cartel packs.)

Destvar, did you review your coin balance to confirm that the missing entry was, indeed, not received rather than just having not shown up on the ledger?

I had a similar issue in July of last year where there was no entry for the grant. However, upon reviewing the running balance without that entry, I found that my balance was "over" by 600CC (as per all of the log entries for CC transactions). When I reviewed the list to see where the discrepancy occurred, it was at a transaction that occurred around the time the "missing grant" should have showed up.

In other words, I received the coins, but I did not receive the entry that recorded receiving the coins. :rolleyes:

Still, 12/27 is "late" and follows the pattern we all see.

I got mine today. I used to get 600 now it seems only 500, I'm not sure why.

You should get 600 if you're on a six-month renewal subscription, 500 for the thirty-day renewal subscription, and 550 for ninety-day renewals or sixty-day time cards (non-renewing).... IIRC. Did you change your subscription plan?

As of last grant on 4/8/16, My account is, in total, 26 days behind (it was five days behind when this delay began, which is basically noise since each month was usually exactly 30 days up to that point).

If you want to review your account in detail, but don't want to spend a lot of time on it, review post #214 for some tips.

And still, the sky is not falling... yet. :)

Edited by -Wes-

Reposting, as true to form, grant came on the 5th of may...

Previous award dates:

7/14/2015 (Started 6 month recurring subscription)

9/17/2015 (33 days)

10/20/2015 (33 days)

11/22/2015 (33 days)

1/27/2016 (33 days)

2/29/2016 (33 days) (nearly missed February, good thing it is a leap year)

5/05/2016 (33 days)

Missing Balance: 26 days

So far I'm missing 26 days of subscriber rewards, 2 months shy of an entire reward missed.

Reposting, as true to form, grant came on the 5th of may...

Previous award dates:

7/14/2015 (Started 6 month recurring subscription)

9/17/2015 (33 days)

10/20/2015 (33 days)

11/22/2015 (33 days)

1/27/2016 (33 days)

2/29/2016 (33 days) (nearly missed February, good thing it is a leap year)

5/05/2016 (33 days)

Missing Balance: 26 days

So far I'm missing 26 days of subscriber rewards, 2 months shy of an entire reward missed.

As they supposedly fixed the underlying issue between 4/2 and 5/5 (from your ledger), presumably without changing the grant date, the real test will be your next grant. If it arrives on June 4th or 5th (depending how it is counted), it was indeed fixed.

Of course, I really would rather a Bioware representative would revisit this thread just to confirm the issue had been fixed. Waiting a month and a half for enough data points to determine the outcome ourselves is annoying.

Edit: indeed, looking back at Eric's post on 3/28, he said the fix was planned for the next week's maintenance. If we are looking at a typical Tuesday maintenance, that would have been 4/5. So if someone got their grant on 4/5 or 4/6, if it was fixed, they should get another today or tomorrow. So hopefully someone with that info will come back to this thread in a few days.

Edited by ZXFiveNineAFour

You should get 600 if you're on a six-month renewal subscription, 500 for the thirty-day renewal subscription, and 550 for ninety-day renewals or sixty-day time cards (non-renewing).... IIRC. Did you change your subscription plan?

You're a genius, thanks. I never would have known that.

Thanks much!