The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Whats up with the lack of Assault Cannons?!

Cortusjace

I have maybe 20 different types sitting in my storage.

Exactly.

If anything, we have too many to choose from IMO. Which is a good kind of problem to have to be honest.

Not every cannon appeals to everyone's tastes, but I have to believe at this point with multiple years of cartel pack item releases... there IS something for everyone.

Edited by Andryah

Not every cannon appeals to everyone's tastes, but I have to believe at this point with multiple years of cartel pack item releases... there IS something for everyone.

The problem is, while there are some nice looking ones, most are from Embargoed Packs, so even if someone finds one they like, good luck actually getting it.

I have the ones I like, but people asking me how to get the ones I have end up Sad Pandas.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

The problem is, while there are some nice looking ones, most are from Embargoed Packs, so even if someone finds one they like, good luck actually getting it.

I have the ones I like, but people asking me how to get the ones I have end up Sad Pandas.

I agree. While I have a bunch of cool looking cannons, there has not been much in the way of new releases. In my opinion most of the good looking ones are CM cannons. That leaves the newer player base without all the awesome ones that came out earlier. Not a big fan of any of the legacy canons either. I guess folks will just have to wait for an embargoed pack to come back or get lucky on a chance cube drop. :(

True. Then again.. chance cubes seem to be taking care of most of this concern right now. The market is literally flooded with cannons of almost all types. Though a few very desired ones (like primordial cannons) would still carry pretty good premiums on the market. But at least they are available and you only ever need one with collections.

So another one of the changes with KotFE that pissed me off. They pulled Cannons from Jorgan's hands so now the ONLY 2 ways to use all those cannons in the game are Commando or K'khrol (if you're even doing Odessen stuff). Meanwhile, 75% of the other toons and comps get blasters blasters and more blasters. Did I mention blasters?

The conversation went like this:

Dev Manager: "So lets just make it easy."

Dev1: "Cool, we'll just skin everyone to use blasters and be done."

Dev Manager: "Well, at least give a couple a lightsaber."

Dev1: "Okay, a few. But the rest get blasters."

So another one of the changes with KotFE that pissed me off. They pulled Cannons from Jorgan's hands so now the ONLY 2 ways to use all those cannons in the game are Commando or K'khrol (if you're even doing Odessen stuff). Meanwhile, 75% of the other toons and comps get blasters blasters and more blasters. Did I mention blasters?

Sgt Rusk still has his cannon, at least for now

Shouldn't the Chance Cubes drop even those?

I think numbers wise there are as many of them as any other weapon, but for me personally i hate the relative size of most of them.

There are so few that dont fall into the "omg this thing is so friggin huge and i could never actually carry this thing IRL and im over compensating for something members only jacket of SWTOR" variety that i do not find aesthetically pleasing to me personally.

I prefer the smaller form factor ones myself and my personal fav is cheap as hades and ive see very few in recent months that i had any interest in whatsoever.

They did something similar with some other companions. For example, anyone who could use a Doublesaber or an Electrostaff is now locked to using a Doublesaber unless they're a PC. However, anyone who could use a Techstaff can now use an Electrostaff. I know anyone who could use a Techblade can now use a Vibrosword, but I'm not sure if single-saber companions can still use them or not. Now, personally speaking, that DOES suck. I kinda had a plan for one character to have no lightsaber-wielding characters on the team, and they were a Jedi Knight themselves. Now, while the player can still be Saber-free, the companions are forced to use them.

Personally, I've always found them silly, and wish that Commandos could use blaster rifles and not lose access to some of those combat skills.

Too each, their own. :D

Jace in the "Return" trailer convinced me to main as a Commando. I love me some Assault Cannon goodness.

However, I was (and am) disappointed with the "Blazing Bolts" silly bendy-curvy bullet animation.