Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

Another data point... EH had two DK instances for hours last night, one full and one almost full.

Whatever's going on with server populations, doesn't seem to be hitting EH in any visible way.

It isn't hitting Harb either. Korriban and DK were the same the other night on Harb.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't hitting Harb either. Korriban and DK were the same the other night on Harb.

So PVP instances being less populated, and fleet numbers down about 60%, q times getting slower and slower, and all you can do is run around the forums yelling a screaming that korriban and dromund kas are kickin?

Yeah Harb is doing fine.

So PVP instances being less populated, and fleet numbers down about 60%, q times getting slower and slower, and all you can do is run around the forums yelling a screaming that korriban and dromund kas are kickin?

Yeah Harb is doing fine.

Does it matter where the players are as long as they are there? Perhaps they don't desire to PvP or raid for a few days. Maybe they are prepping another alt to go through KotFE with a new chapter in a few days. Your anecdotal evidence is not comprehensive of the actual population, thus why it isn't a persuasive argument to many posting in this thread.

Sometimes I'm uncertain of the subject of discussion here. Is it "The servers are dying" or "Not enough people participate in PVP"? And often it's almost as if the number of PVP participants is the only measurement that dictates a server's 'health' since PVE numbers and populations are so easily blindsided.

Sometimes I'm uncertain of the subject of discussion here. Is it "The servers are dying" or "Not enough people participate in PVP"? And often it's almost as if the number of PVP participants is the only measurement that dictates a server's 'health' since PVE numbers and populations are so easily blindsided.

I'm pretty sure the argument is 'Servers are dead BECAUSE PvP isn't exploding because PvP is the majority"

What does PVP have to do with republic fleet on harbinger going from 5 instances at night to 1? What does PVP have to do with using the who tab to check to see how many people or in the new content areas and all new areas are down to a small handful of people? What does PVP have to do with the overall server population being on a steady decline?

PVP automatically suffers because less people equals less players qing for PVP and everything else.

This is wayyyyyyyyyyy simpler than a lot of you are making it. Its not rocket science. Simple as this. 5 instances of republic fleet equaling Approx. 700 players vs 1 instance of republic fleet totaling 150 people is a gross sum of 550 less people on fleet. Combine that with slower q times and using the who tab to monitor all the PVP instances and seeing they are all slow and mostly empty equals a decaying server.

You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this subject. Its easy to prove and the numbers are there. You making it way more complicated than it is.

What does PVP have to do with republic fleet on harbinger going from 5 instances at night to 1? What does PVP have to do with using the who tab to check to see how many people or in the new content areas and all new areas are down to a small handful of people? What does PVP have to do with the overall server population being on a steady decline?

PVP automatically suffers because less people equals less players qing for PVP and everything else.

This is wayyyyyyyyyyy simpler than a lot of you are making it. Its not rocket science. Simple as this. 5 instances of republic fleet equaling Approx. 700 players vs 1 instance of republic fleet totaling 150 people is a gross sum of 550 less people on fleet. Combine that with slower q times and using the who tab to monitor all the PVP instances and seeing they are all slow and mostly empty equals a decaying server.

You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this subject. Its easy to prove and the numbers are there. You making it way more complicated than it is.

I been on harb for almost three years, and I never seen 5 instances at once. The most I have ever seen was three, let alone at night.

Edited by peter_plankskull

I been on harb for almost three years, and I never seen 5 instances at once. The most I have ever seen was three, let alone at night.

You must not have paid enough attention then. It wasn't that long ago that I would see 5 instances of republic fleet on Harb. Then again I pay a lot of attention to it. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have no clue how many there are. If your not paying attention to it, you probly wouldn't notice.

Then if it's so simple and not about PVP.. why do you huff at another pointing out the activity in places like DK and Korriban? Surely those numbers matter too then yet you seem rather dismissive of them.

Yeah Harb is doing fine.

All YOU seem to do is run around the forums yelling and screaming that the servers are dying. How are you any better than a person pointing out there's life on certain other planets?

If you want your precious data on your notepad to be more precise, check every single planet in-game and every single instance. Don't forget those who may be in Heroics and the likes as well. Of course by the time you're done with that list, the numbers will have shifted again once more and you should start all over to maintain accuracy.

Alas, the only data that's relevant in your eyes is the data that conveniently supports your outcry and everything else is dismissed.

This is closer to what I've seen previously as well.

So let me guess what next. Now I will be accused of being an acid dropper who every time I saw 5 instances of republic fleet I was obviously hallucinating and tripping.

Ok so your memory was closer to 3. My notepad right next to me right now has in writing 5 instances of republic fleet. So I am pretty sure my notes from those notes are a little better than memory. They were written observation that was put down to writing. I have a notepad with many notes of 5 instances of republic fleet on Harbs over the course of several weeks.

Amazing. Truly amazing.

So let me guess what next. Now I will be accused of being an acid dropper who every time I saw 5 instances of republic fleet I was obviously hallucinating and tripping.

Ok so your memory was closer to 3. My notepad right next to me right now has in writing 5 instances of republic fleet. So I am pretty sure my notes from those notes are a little better than memory. They were written observation that was put down to writing. I have a notepad with many notes of 5 instances of republic fleet on Harbs over the course of several weeks.

Amazing. Truly amazing.

Let's get the dates and times. Maybe we can get Musco in here to validate your statistics?

I'd like to be able to hear from someone on Begeren Colony since that server has shown the most dramatic drop on Torstatus

This time 2 years ago it was top of the top 20 with a 2.06, 1 year ago it was still topping the top 20 with 1.85, then dramatically drops more to 1.04 today, barely above the 1.00 apparent minimum where all the pvp servers now sit.

Both Harbinger and The Ebon Hawk mentioned in most of these posts have had much less dramatic drops from 1.82 to 1.51 and from 1.90 to 1.28 over those same 2 years.

Amazing. Truly amazing.

You know most guys simply jerk off when they're bored.

Also "written observations that was put down to writing".. marvelous, such a shocker. Who'd have thought to write down written observations? Very classy.

Also "written observations that was put down to writing".. marvelous, such a shocker. Who'd have thought to write down written observations? Very classy.

I think you need to relax Jenny... that comment was completely not appropriate and let alone rude, and this is coming from you. Take a break from the forums, or if you have the urge to say things like this, please just put him on ignore.

Please, take a breather, relax, and edit that comment.

Come to think of it I should prob edit that out myself....

Edited by peter_plankskull

I think you need to relax Jenny... that comment was completely not appropriate and let alone rude, and this is coming from you. Take a break from the forums, or if you have the urge to say things like this, please just put him on ignore.

I'm quite fine actually and it was meant humorous, not offensively. If people take it as such, so be it. I just felt he was making a rather obvious and somewhat silly statement in the way he worded that sentence and I chuckled at it because it looks ridiculous. Like saying "water is wet". I wouldn't have replied period if I were upset or not relaxed, I very rarely do. Next time I'll stick to a more simple "duh" or eyeroll to silly statements instead, perhaps then it won't be taken the wrong way.

I don't see any rudeness here in the comment, she simply made a joke about how ''I've written down written observations'' is a redundant statement.

I'm quite fine actually and it was meant humorous, not offensively. If people take it as such, so be it. I just felt he was making a rather obvious and somewhat silly statement in the way he worded that sentence and I chuckled at it because it looks ridiculous. Like saying "water is wet". I wouldn't have replied period if I were upset or not relaxed, I very rarely do. Next time I'll stick to a more simple "duh" or eyeroll to silly statements instead, perhaps then it won't be taken the wrong way.

Fo... forgive me.... I only been on these forums for only two and a half months... still getting use to jenny humor :(.

Just use to you being the voice of reason while also manifesting itself as a angel.

Population of Progenitor drastically dropped as well... It might have something to do with regional transfers being available and probs many people fled..but.. It's disturbing.. Been playing on Prog since forever.. I can't watch this server die.. Edited by CommanderVintres

Fo... forgive me.... I only been on these forums for only two and a half months... still getting use to jenny humor :(.

Just use to you being the voice of reason while also manifesting itself as a angel.

Lol! Okay, I'm not the least bit 'offended' by your response to my comment, you take it as you take and I know that each word/response I do put out there can be misconstrued and taken the wrong way. That's the way of the internet. I have days where I'm overly.. calm and reasonable and I have my moments where I'm in a rather happy and upbeat mood and I tend to joke easily without thinking about it or filtering my behavior so others will approve (you know that 'firewall' in your brain that says "YOU CANT SAY THAT OUTLOUD ITS NOT RIGHT!".. mine rarely works so I do often try to pay extra attention to what I say). It kinda goes back and forth and I'm someone who's moods and emotions go all over the place in the span of 5 minutes at times but rest assured.. any time I'm actually angry, upset, aggravated, peed-off and the likes.. I don't respond at all because I know myself and I know I'll say things I can never take back and will regret later on. I might 'snip' at times, at best but I'll never fully lash out at anyone and if something appears to be offensive, it likely wasn't meant that way and should be seen as humorous or sarcasm instead.

Right now, I'm in a happy and slightly hyper active mood chair bopping to Youtube tunes and writing on my fiction while in between watching some Netflix too and yeah, comments more easily slip out but in a jovial and humorous way. ;)

Calm down. Are you serious? She (presuming its a she) can say what she wants. If you don't like it, add/ignore her. But to give a condescending speech like you just did is reticules. I think its you that needs to relax.

Fine lol, I made that claim like a week ago...and I still stand by it. If you can show me where I'm wrong, please do.

Oh I have to show you where you're wrong? How about no

. You made the claim of there being that many instances to support some sort of concept of the game being in worse shape than a year ago ( which I personally disagree with but only based on personal experience in how easy I could pug this year vs last year - I'm not trying to make "factual" claims like some ) as though it were "fact" so prove it.

Oh I have to show you where you're wrong? How about no

. You made the claim of there being that many instances to support some sort of concept of the game being in worse shape than a year ago ( which I personally disagree with but only based on personal experience in how easy I could pug this year vs last year - I'm not trying to make "factual" claims like some ) as though it were "fact" so prove it.

i share the opinion of TUX, game is in dire state and going downhill fast.

i share the opinion of TUX, game is in dire state and going downhill fast.

The angle prescribed by the hill's slope, for things to be going down it, must be fairly gentle indeed, given how long ago the first predictions of this game's demise were.

Edited by xordevoreaux