Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but seriously, go and count how many individual people agree with the op, and how many disagree. I don't mean MCB repeatedly posting the definition of Denial or the same person having to explain 6 times because all he did was post "umadbro?" in reply, each unique person who agrees or disagrees. It's not a great slice of the "rest of the world wide web", but it should be a significant representation of people who care about the topic.

I'll wait here.

Don't waste the finger effort typing responses to the poster. If you go over their post history in this thread it's nothing but troll responses as opposed to any sort of substantial debate ... in fact I wouldn't be surprised this post will warrant yet another "witty", trollish remark from them.

Don't waste the finger effort typing responses to the poster. If you go over their post history in this thread it's nothing but troll responses as opposed to any sort of substantial debate ... in fact I wouldn't be surprised this post will warrant yet another "witty", trollish remark from them.

Just curious. Are you referring to yourself?

There is almost nothing to agree with the OP on, if you take the lines with which he started this thread.

But let us try a different approach, just for the fun of it....

Game has died - Actually yes, the game Swtor once was has died, at least for me as it ressembles the Swtor prior to 4.0 in less than a marginal way. The core of the "game" has been changed so drastically that I do not recognize it being the Swtor I started playing years ago, and enjoying it mainly because of the aspects it had once.

Is this a bad thing? Well, it still keeps me going but I dislike it more and more for being what it is now than what it once was. Sure we had bugs, not being able to log in and all kinds of issues but the wish to just be able to play was greater than all the difficulties I had to deal with. Maybe the most amazing part was that the community solved more of these issues than Bioware themselves...

We still have some of the old issues around but the main reason why IMO the "game" is more and more a revolving door is how simple and easy it is. Again, just my 2 cents but it has become repetitive with little to offer when it comes to group content, and thus bores me faster than it did before.

Not to mention seeing that cross-faction map a zillion times by now...and ranked, perish the thought.

Nowhere to go - This is definitely the most random claim ever made because the "game" has turned more and more into solo mode with each passing day. Hence I do not see any point of going anywhere if the dilemma for the OP was about player numbers/population...because you do not have to look for others to do the latest content Swtor has to provide and even the most populated servers have so many looking for group content...just saying, it is still more than good enough for new players and hardcore fans.

That a rational human being feels somewhat played for a fool when it comes to how *cough* communication *cough* is being handled by the ones who represent this game in its current form...both sides, players and the dev team have to grow a thicker skin, and the players are way ahead on that compared to Bioware.

But hey, doomsayers are like some ppl working in customer service for Bioware.

They have literally no clue what the hell they are talking about....

About all this game is any more is CM fluff crap and solo story solo player garbage. The story is totally linear. It's the same no matter which toon you do it on. It's turned into a digital doll house dress up game. So, yeah, maybe it has started to die. If they release a totally borked patch ....it isn't going to be fixed for possibly months. Don't like it ? "Screw you" says EA.

Unless they have something awesome planned for after KotFE...this game is, then, truly a dying ember.

About all this game is any more is CM fluff crap and solo story solo player garbage. The story is totally linear. It's the same no matter which toon you do it on. It's turned into a digital doll house dress up game. So, yeah, maybe it has started to die. If they release a totally borked patch ....it isn't going to be fixed for possibly months. Don't like it ? "Screw you" says EA.

Unless they have something awesome planned for after KotFE...this game is, then, truly a dying ember.

Can I, on behalf of myself, and only myself (don't want to speak for others, you know), can I just thank you for your continued sacrifice for keeping up a subscription on a game you apparently despise, just to keep reminding us of how much you despise it and the company who fund it?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

but let us try a different approach, just for the fun of it....

game has died - actually yes, the game swtor once was has died, at least for me

played for a fool when it comes to how *cough* communication *cough* is being handled by the ones who represent this game in its current form...both sides, players and the dev team have to grow a thicker skin, and the players are way ahead on that compared to bioware.

How do you mean

dev team grow a thicker skin
?

The game company always looks to me like they communicate when they can either:

1. Tell the customers things that usually make customers happy (e.g., we're giving you more stuff, we're fixing something that was broken, etc.)

or

2. Tell the customers news that is not good, but is something of critical importance to the immediate loss of players and cash-flow (e.g., the servers are down, the launcher is broken, etc.)

so I'm curious about your idea of thicker skin. Cheers.

Yeah but they said nobody agreed with the OP? I don't understand. I'm so confused.

Yeah but they said nobody agreed with the OP? I don't understand. I'm so confused.

Does it matter at this point? He's gone. Why do you insist on keeping him 'alive' so to speak? Why are you trying to garnish attention and sympathy for the OP after he's left? Why are you working so very hard to reinforce his critiques? Is he a good friend of yours? You play on the same server I think, perhaps you are but then why would you come here to ask about his whereabouts? Surely you'd know. This person seems to be a stranger to you as much as he is to the rest of us and yet you're all but waving a "Bring MCB back!" flag. Or are you personally invested in this and him specifically for different reasons?

Obviously you're entitled to 'care' about someone and agree with their opinions, be on their side even but he's gone for now and this discussion has been regurgitated repeatedly. There's no winning or losing it, the man behind the original post is gone so.. why carry on?

How is that ANY different to both Kotor games, you have played them, right? You do know, that for every character you make on Kotor, that the story is almost exactly the same, depending on the choices you make. How is that any different, then what BW are doing with KOTFE?

If you're only after the MMO aspect, then yes this probably isn't the MMO, for you, but it's hardly fair to call it garbage, when it now, is no different to the Kotor series.

Can I, on behalf of myself, and only myself (don't want to speak for others, you know), can I just thank you for your continued sacrifice for keeping up a subscription on a game you apparently despise, just to keep reminding us of how much you despise it and the company who fund it?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Oh do please stop with the drama. If you personally happen to like the solo story path they're on, great. Good for you. I assure you, however, it's not the majority of the population. And if you cant' see with your own eyes what has happened since EA absorbed Bioware, then I'm certain you're willfully blind to where this game is headed. I have some hope, but EA is infamous for delivering garbage.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that CM and linear solo story mode is not the absolute primary focus for the indefinite future?

How is that ANY different to both Kotor games, you have played them, right? You do know, that for every character you make on Kotor, that the story is almost exactly the same, depending on the choices you make. How is that any different, then what BW are doing with KOTFE?

If you're only after the MMO aspect, then yes this probably isn't the MMO, for you, but it's hardly fair to call it garbage, when it now, is no different to the Kotor series.

Are you talking about the console game from 100 years ago? This game started out superb. If you don't count the Ilum open world PvP debacle that lost them a huge number of subs (as they advertised that as a major and mind blowing aspect of the game only for it to be promptly and permanently removed after launch because the engine couldn't actually handle it. Oops).

I still do enjoy the game overall, but the last few months have gradually descended into what amounts to a dress up game. Not quite a SIM, but similar. They utterly ignore both the PvE and PvP communities in favor of solo player mode.

So, yeah, it's turning into garbage.

Oh do please stop with the drama. If you personally happen to like the solo story path they're on, great. Good for you. I assure you, however, it's not the majority of the population. And if you cant' see with your own eyes what has happened since EA absorbed Bioware, then I'm certain you're willfully blind to where this game is headed. I have some hope, but EA is infamous for delivering garbage.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that CM and linear solo story mode is not the absolute primary focus for the indefinite future?

i often think EA is the root to the cause of swtor dying this slow and utterly painful maintance death but i am starting to think more and more its really BW swtor team that is just grasping at the edge of the cliff hoping to hide the fact of the failure of kotfe from the axe of ea.

i often think EA is the root to the cause of swtor dying this slow and utterly painful maintance death but i am starting to think more and more its really BW swtor team that is just grasping at the edge of the cliff hoping to hide the fact of the failure of kotfe from the axe of ea.

Nice ad hominem targeted at the studio.

Is this all you got?

You are known in the forum to be one of the perpetual negative posters about the game. I'm sure those of us that like the game, even with it's imperfections, appreciate your continued subscription each month to a game you appear to loathe in so many ways. Please keep supporting the game financially. :)

First off, I clearly said I wasn't speaking on anyone's behalf. I didn't imply I was speaking for anyone else, never mind majority. Unlike you.

Can you clarify what you mean by "since EA absorbed Bioware"? You mean, before this game was even thought of? EA bought out Bioware in 2007, this game was announced in 2008. If you have seen and know what EA did to Bioware, you still subscribed to this game for 4(?) years because you don't like the way it's going? If you knew that EA is "infamous for delivering garbage", again I want to thank you for continuing to plow your well earned money into a game that you knew from the very beginning where it was "headed".

And I don't know how to respond to the final question. I didn't "seriously try to tell you" about the future of the game. I didn't try to tell you anything at all. I didn't mention anything about the future of the game. Feel free to scroll back up and read it again.

Nice try.

But there is plenty of group content in this 4 year old game. And It's pretty clear more is coming in the future.

Maybe it's just not the MMO for you. /shrug. There's plenty of good choices on the market. If you are hardcore PvP or hardcore Raiding, at the expense of every other element of content ... this is probably not the MMO for you.

Edited by Andryah

You are known in the forum to be one of the perpetual negative posters

Should I feel bad that this is my first time hearing of this person? Because I make it my job to know every negative person in the forums so I can have popcorn ready when they and white knights go head-to-head

Should I feel bad that this is my first time hearing of this person? Because I make it my job to know every negative person in the forums so I can have popcorn ready when they and white knights go head-to-head

I guess you did not read his post history, and missed his rather dramatic thread demanding server merges a few days back. :) He is either really pissed about the direction of the game, or really good at forum role play as a black-hat.

Separately:

This thread was well on it's way to stasis.. then a few decided to come in and keep fluffing it I guess. Just to recap for these folks.... no.. the game is NOT dead. Now, it might be "dead" to some people.. which is fine.. but that is different then stating absolutes like the OP tried for so long to do and make it stick.

Edited by Andryah

I guess you did not read his post history, and missed his rather dramatic thread demanding server merges a few days back. :) He is either really pissed about the direction of the game, or really good at forum role play as a black-hat.

My personal opinion, and I do not speak for anyone else, but honestly from players that are here because it was claimed at launch to be a Story Driven MMO, and the fact they are now ignoring almost all of the MMO playstyle (PvP, GSF, PvE end game content, operations) This game is no longer what BW told us at launch it would be. At this point I do not believe they are even working on PvE content (Ops) and never will. This is a personal belief because they claimed they'd begin to work on new Ops after Kotfe was released in October. Now 6 months later we have nothing, so yes I do believe the OP has a valid point.

I have seen many people leave Swtor because of a lack of new MMO content. This is just what I have seen personally, others may not see the same things, but I have.

The truth is, this game is going in the direction of a single player monthly sub game. This can not be ignored it simply is what it is. I do not like the direction myself as a MMO player, but I can't get myself to quit because of the Friends I've made doing End Game Operations. This is truth as I see it, but maybe in the coming months I may change my mind and start heading out to greener pastures.

I have played on Harbringer for 2 years now. I was forced to server transfer off of POT5 (PVP) server because it became a ghost town. 30 minute que times during peak time. After peak time (mornings and late evenings) no que pops at all.

At the time I had a choice. Goto a populated server with que pops and leave my current server. At the time and still is the most populated server TheHarbringer was really the best choice.

The past 3 to 4 weeks on Harbringer has been the longest que waits in the 2 years I have been playing here. And in the past month has been getting slower each week. I play everyday at the same times so I have my finger on the pulse of Harbringer and know it well.

TLDR: Harbringer is heading down the same road as POT5 and has an eroding population. Only difference is this time for me is that when Harbringer dies off (and it is rapidly heading that way) there is no "GO TO" server like there was in the past. Harbinger dies, where do people run to? As I see it, there is nowhere to run anymore. We have reached the end of the rope.

Uh, queues? I never hit queues... except very rarely...

Nice try.

But there is plenty of group content in this 4 year old game. And It's pretty clear more is coming in the future.

Maybe it's just not the MMO for you. /shrug. There's plenty of good choices on the market. If you are hardcore PvP or hardcore Raiding, at the expense of every other element of content ... this is probably not the MMO for you.

Maybe there will be more group content. Even if they say there will be, this being EA/Bioware, that doesn't mean there will be. They'll string those players along as long as they'll bear it. And if they do release new group content the odds of it being so buggy that's it near unplayable are high. And if it is chock full of bugs....there will be no fixes for weeks or months. It's just the way they operate.

My personal opinion, and I do not speak for anyone else, but honestly from players that are here because it was claimed at launch to be a Story Driven MMO, and the fact they are now ignoring almost all of the MMO playstyle (PvP, GSF, PvE end game content, operations) This game is no longer what BW told us at launch it would be. At this point I do not believe they are even working on PvE content (Ops) and never will. This is a personal belief because they claimed they'd begin to work on new Ops after Kotfe was released in October. Now 6 months later we have nothing, so yes I do believe the OP has a valid point.

You do understand that the OP could care less about PvE content, yes? He's all about PvP and he want's zero wait time in queues. If he does not get that.. the game is dead (to him)

As for future OPs.. what they said is they would begin working on them again after they released KoTFE. They never indicated a specific release date though (which is not unusual at all really) ... but given the ongoing chapter content releases.. it's not unreasonable to expect new OPs to come after that last chapter, rather then before.

But let's be honest.. if OPs is the only thing someone plays in an MMO at end game.. they need to play multiple MMOs because they all have droughts in their release of new OPs. But really.. the best course of play is to widely diversify your play across all the content in an MMO and take your time about it. If you don't then you better be diversified across multiple MMOs.

And while their current focus on story is being beaten up by some in the forum, in reality the absence of story focus hurt player populations more then any drought in other content has. Why? Because story is what people expect from this studio first and foremost. Of course the demanding want much more then that.. but that is a personal challenge for each player to assess for themselves. For me personally, I keep several MMOs in rotation at all times, so I never fall victim to a content drought for game play... yet this is the MMO I play most because I find it the most appealing.

Edited by Andryah

How do you mean?

The game company always looks to me like they communicate when they can either:

1. Tell the customers things that usually make customers happy (e.g., we're giving you more stuff, we're fixing something that was broken, etc.)

or

2. Tell the customers news that is not good, but is something of critical importance to the immediate loss of players and cash-flow (e.g., the servers are down, the launcher is broken, etc.)

so I'm curious about your idea of thicker skin. Cheers.

Thicker skin as in, deal with the increasing bugs, failed implementaions of content not properly tested and/or just not tested long/thouroghly enough.

I am not suprised about the silence coming from Biowares side, they choose not to communicate on many issues and only when there is some change about to happen they let us know.

In my book that is not good enough, they ought to be able to deal with an internet community, thats what they signed up for when they released this game.