Nico no longer able for crew missions?

LordSyphon

Just created a new character and used the Nico disk as I have on other alt characters, and may have found one of the issues, at least for the low end. The "Interactions" window for Nico says, "Nico Okarr asked you to mix him a drink of your own design as a judge of your character".

That is pretty impressive considering that I am level 1 and haven't even summoned the man yet. We need to get Nico into an AA program because he has problems. I can't summon him because he is sitting in a bar, that I can't get into, waiting for me to mix him a drink, that he thinks he asked me to make, that I wasn't anywhere even close to him to hear. So, I am yelling, "Come Here", and he is sitting in the bar yelling, "Not Without My Drink", and I yell, "I can't get into that bar yet!", and he replies, "Get in here and make me a drink."

It is a vicious cycle.

Edited by LordArimond

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There does seem to be an issue with Nico as a Companion for Crew Skills, etc. We are looking into it.

-eric

This seems to be directly tied to anyone who used the Ecrypted Holocommunicator to summon him early. I know I did on several toons. From reports from guildies - for those who did not, and met him normally in chapter 11 as intended, he is available. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Meshla_Naast

This seems to be directly tied to anyone who used the Ecrypted Holocommunicator to summon him early. I know I did on several toons. From reports from guildies - for those who did not, and met him normally in chapter 11 as intended, he is available. I could be wrong though.

I did not use the holocommunicator to acquire Nico. I ran the mission. Yet, I no longer can summon him for crew missions. You may very well be correct for some players and not others. But, rest assured BW will solve the problem.

MTFBWY

And here we are a day later, some of us with him as our ONLY level 50 influence companion and nothing beyond the original "yea, we know we screwed up but F*** you paying customers" post....

You are wrong. On both my toons who have Nico at influence rank 50, he was unlocked via the Alliance Alert prior to chapter X (ten). It just so happens that these were two of the four toons I copied to PTS to test 4.3 a couple of weeks ago, and that's where the bug was first reported ... and again, these were characters who recruited Nico via the alliance alert, not via the encrypted holocommunicator. I have no idea if there is some introduction or cutscene involving Okarr in chapter XI (eleven) since I haven't started it yet, but I can say with certainty the bug is NOT LIMITED to people who used the encrypted holocommunicator. Given that it was discovered on the PTS, its something they changed in the code base for the future chapters.

So patch to fix things that were broken with the last patch, and still no fix for Nico. He is not available to be used as a companion for crafting or for any other roll. Please address this soonest as many of us have spent considerable time and effort getting Nico to 50 influence for use in crafting and as a Primary Companion.

So patch to fix things that were broken with the last patch, and still no fix for Nico. He is not available to be used as a companion for crafting or for any other roll. Please address this soonest as many of us have spent considerable time and effort getting Nico to 50 influence for use in crafting and as a Primary Companion.

Yes, please, this is the most frustrating bug I've had with KotFE.

"I want to set everyone's mind at ease: while it is true that the companion we offered as a reward during the months when we offered no new content, one you have no doubt raised to level 50 influence through millions of credits and countless hours of giving gifts through our tedious system, is missing, I have good news: the helmet shaped like a droid head is still working!"

Edited by SFDebris

No fix for Nico with patch 4.2a. Still not available on the crew skills window, and cannot be summoned as an active companion. I had hoped 4.2a would fix this issue. Like other players I've been focusing on upping Nico's Influence for both crafting and gameplay. As of now, Nico is not available at all. An update on where things stand would be appreciated.

No fix for Nico with patch 4.2a. Still not available on the crew skills window, and cannot be summoned as an active companion. I had hoped 4.2a would fix this issue. Like other players I've been focusing on upping Nico's Influence for both crafting and gameplay. As of now, Nico is not available at all. An update on where things stand would be appreciated.

We are still looking into the Nico issue. We were unable to identify a fix in time for 4.2a, but getting him fixed is still a priority.

-Tait

We are still looking into the Nico issue. We were unable to identify a fix in time for 4.2a, but getting him fixed is still a priority.

-Tait

In all sincerity, thank you Tait. Bugs and glitches are no fun for anyone. It's good to hear that this is being looked at, and is a priority. Hoping for a fast fix.

a few things 1st i know this part is off topic but going to ask anyway;

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline in order to apply Game Update 4.2a on Thursday, March 10th.

Details:

DATE: March 10, 2016

TIME: 7AM PST - 9AM PST (15:00 - 17:00 GMT)

VERSION: 4.2a

Patch Notes will be available after maintenance.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Wheres the notes? \second since a lot of use have Nico high on influence mine 50 and can no longer be used how about granting us a companion the same level of influence as Nico so we can say craft efficiently or do HM. I did Nico since I know he wont be killed off but now you locked him out.

Don't you people (Bio-ware) do testing on this stuff this is not a minor glitch this affect game play for several people big time. Jordan being naked and gun less is a glitch and a there is a work around but it doesn't affect the game. Granted its annoying but not a game stopper. Jordan I can see being a standard mmo video driver glitch works on some but not on others but Nico is not. Nico from what I heard was caught in PTS but apparently was ignored so now the players who have high influence on him are being punished. At least give us a companion the same influence as Nico perferably one that purchased or granted Treek, HK-51, HK-55, Arrk Dog, etc something that we know wont be killed off that's why I haven't really worked on the alliance companions that much got most of them to 10 and that's it to make them somewhat useful.

Wheres the notes? \second since a lot of use have Nico high on influence mine 50 and can no longer be used how about granting us a companion the same level of influence as Nico so we can say craft efficiently or do HM. I did Nico since I know he wont be killed off but now you locked him out.

Patch notes are where they always are....

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

The entire cantina part of chapter XI was bizarre imo. You are told to go there, you sit down, Nico sits down, and you are told by Scorpio to come back to the war room. Was something supposed to happen in that cutscene?

I'm wondering if the missing Nico bug is actually affecting that scene as well, and Nico was in fact supposed to say or do something?

The entire cantina part of chapter XI was bizarre imo. You are told to go there, you sit down, Nico sits down, and you are told by Scorpio to come back to the war room. Was something supposed to happen in that cutscene?

I'm wondering if the missing Nico bug is actually affecting that scene as well, and Nico was in fact supposed to say or do something?

I had assumed (only did the one playthrough because given a choice between a broken game and Thieves Guild, I chose Thieves Guild) that you were supposed to talk with Koth/Theron/Lana if you were romancing one of them, otherwise joined for a drink by your highest influence companion. If none of that's true and you're just joined by Nico, then yeah, that is weird. My Sorc is barely willing to go to the cantina for the sake of her companions, she'd never go there alone and hope someone would wander up to join her.