Stop the CC already

cagthehack

The last chapter was just a nightmare. Not due to it being difficult, but the constant cc, push backs, knock downs,( etc etc) - all from trash mobs. It was VERY annoying. I expect this from bosses, not every trash mob running around. And I came very close to just quitting the game.

I hope the next chapter isn't gonna follow suit.

Oh, and how about reducing the amount of trash mobs? The last chapter was a grind fest. If this is the direction this game is going then good riddance.

The last chapter was just a nightmare. Not due to it being difficult, but the constant cc, push backs, knock downs,( etc etc) - all from trash mobs. It was VERY annoying. I expect this from bosses, not every trash mob running around. And I came very close to just quitting the game.

Oh, and how about reducing the amount of trash mobs? The last chapter was a grind fest. If this is the direction this game is going then good riddance.

How else are they suppose to pad the chapter then? actual story content about Valkorian in your head, the alliance, and other recruited companions? Nah.

How else are they suppose to pad the chapter then? actual story content about Valkorian in your head, the alliance, and other recruited companions? Nah.

I don't know man. You'd think that a game that is "story based" would have more, you know - story. Right now I feel like I'm trapped in a horrible Timbermaw grind (anyone play vanilla WOW and remember the Timbermaws?)

With so many good games coming out in the next few months, I hope BW kicks it's game up a bit.

I don't know man. You'd think that a game that is "story based" would have more, you know - story. Right now I feel like I'm trapped in a horrible Timbermaw grind (anyone play vanilla WOW and remember the Timbermaws?)

With so many good games coming out in the next few months, I hope BW kicks it's game up a bit.

We all want the game to achieve more, but it looks like this chapter is going to be like the last one story wise. You go to the meeting room to chat about what's new at Zakuul, learn about Jorgan and his Deadeyes, err I mean Havoc Squad, meet up with him, do some repetitive objective 28 times while after every 5 get a explanation on how he survived and what he has been doing for 5 years, and then at the end some morale choice about revenge or onto the path of Bushido or something.

We all want the game to achieve more, but it looks like this chapter is going to be like the last one story wise. You go to the meeting room to chat about what's new at Zakuul, learn about Jorgan and his Deadeyes, err I mean Havoc Squad, meet up with him, do some repetitive objective 28 times while after every 5 get a explanation on how he survived and what he has been doing for 5 years, and then at the end some morale choice about revenge or onto the path of Bushido or something.

*sigh*

I had hopes for this game. It was rolling around the toilet bowl, but when KotFE hit I was hopping the new story mode would kick it back up. But if all it is, is 10 mins story and 40 mins killing VERY annoying trash mobs, then Division here I come.

I'll wait for the next chapter to hit and decide. I'm one of those games that doesn't have time to play more than one MMO/MP player at a time. I'm not gonna throw money at BW hoping for relief.

Edited by cagthehack

*sigh*

I had hopes for this game. It was rolling around the toilet bowl, but when KotFE hit I was hopping the new story mode would kick it back up. But if all it is, is 10 mins story and 40 mins killing VERY annoying trash mobs, then Division here I come.

I'll wait for the next chapter to hit and decide. I'm one of those games that doesn't have time to play more than one MMO/MP player at a time. I'm not gonna throw money at BW hoping for relief.

Most people leaving are just letting the storm pass and then going to resub in August to get the complete story. Assuming they don't have to move chapters back another month again or cut out some parts of the update to make there deadline.

Most people leaving are just letting the storm pass and then going to resub in August to get the complete story. Assuming they don't have to move chapters back another month again or cut out some parts of the update to make there deadline.

Not a bad idea. Thanks.

So far I've pout a couple of melee based characters through chapter 10 (Powertech and Marauder), wasn't aware of any excessive Crowd Control.

But then I'm not averse to adapting my playstyle and utilising all the tactics and abilities at my characters disposal.

BW have fixed at least one of the most annoying ones I think. I took another melee through it a day or two ago and the one that really annoyed me was when you land in the speeder after leaving the apartment. As you walk down the ramp a group engaged you straight away, but there was also a dude over 90 meters away against a far wall that took pot shots at you. You had to deal with the ones close at hand and then walk at a slowed pace all the way over to the last guy. And he wasn't even in a position that would aggro if you followed the normal path, he was just scripted that way. Well this week when I took another guy through it, there are now two guys standing against that wall and apparently they are keeping each other fully occupied and no longer aggro and shoot you from so far away. So maybe they are fixing some of the more outlandish crap.

Welcome to STUN WARS.

In pvp its so since 4 years.

And i agree... there are to many cc... in pvp and now also in pve.

Bioware... pls stop the cc... save the fun. ;)

So far I've pout a couple of melee based characters through chapter 10 (Powertech and Marauder), wasn't aware of any excessive Crowd Control.

But then I'm not averse to adapting my playstyle and utilising all the tactics and abilities at my characters disposal.

I didn't think it was that bad on my jug. The half mile agro range was more frustrating.

If you really want to experience excessive crowd control with a melee class go solo Kaon Under Seige and Lost Island

Exactly!

5 minutes of dialog, 49 minutes of CCs.

I didn't think it was that bad on my jug. The half mile agro range was more frustrating.

If you really want to experience excessive crowd control with a melee class go solo Kaon Under Seige and Lost Island

Depending on how you were specced, you were probably immune to most of the CCs for a few seconds after each force-charge. That's why it's nice to have juggs when the other team has assassins in pvp.

If that's all it takes to make you think of quitting the game, you must not like the game very much. You probably don't like the snowballs or the party bomb, either. Anything that "takes control" away from "your" character.

If that's all it takes to make you think of quitting the game, you must not like the game very much. You probably don't like the snowballs or the party bomb, either. Anything that "takes control" away from "your" character.

And you probably are the kind of griefer who like to run around annoying people with that kinda crap all day on fleet.

The amount of stuns being used by trash mobs is excessive and it's just there to add unnecessary padding. Defending this kind of bad game design on Bioware's part just makes you look as clueless as you are callous.

And you probably are the kind of griefer who like to run around annoying people with that kinda crap all day on fleet.

Maybe, maybe not. But that's irrelevant.

The amount of stuns being used by trash mobs is excessive and it's just there to add unnecessary padding. Defending this kind of bad game design on Bioware's part just makes you look as clueless as you are callous.

OK, the stun-free MMO is that way ------------->

Wait, no it's not. There's no such thing. Go into the forums of any MMO and see the same complaints.

It's just a game. Deal with it. Or don't Your choice.

Like most things, there needs to be a balance.

If every mob simply stood in place until attacked, and did nothing but piddling basic damage, the game would be very boring. As it would it the world only had very few and far between enemies.

On the other hand, having every area full of mobs which auto-aggro even while stealthed and spamming CCs and slows can turn what might have been an enjoyable challenge into a frustrating slog.

IMO the latest chapter is closed to the latter - though I also avoided a lot of it as everything except cut-scene triggers in the story zones can be interacted with while in combat, so I simply ran through the areas clicking items then ran though the story zone 'doors', trailing a dozen plus trash mobs that all de-aggroed once out of the zone.

In other cases I trailed the mobs behind pillars or other such objects to break line of sight, then AOE'd everything once the mobs came behind the object.

Maybe, maybe not. But that's irrelevant.

OK, the stun-free MMO is that way ------------->

Wait, no it's not. There's no such thing. Go into the forums of any MMO and see the same complaints.

It's just a game. Deal with it. Or don't Your choice.

The straw-woman you're trying to argue with is that way. ------------->

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Nobody is asking for a stun-free game, they're asking for it to be reserved to silver-elites and up. Now run along and troll elsewhere, because clownshoes arguments like the one you just floated are an even bigger waste of time than the trash mobs on Zakuul. ;)

Nobody is asking for a stun-free game, they're asking for it to be reserved to silver-elites and up. Now run along and troll elsewhere, because clownshoes arguments like the one you just floated are an even bigger waste of time than the trash mobs on Zakuul. ;)

Bravo :D 10/10!!!

Welcome to STUN WARS.

In pvp its so since 4 years.

And i agree... there are to many cc... in pvp and now also in pve.

Bioware... pls stop the cc... save the fun. ;)

Which means if you PvP all the time, and decide to do the story, then you should have no problem with the PvE stuns and are capable of melting faces! :)

On my way back to my office after breakfast this morning, I stopped by Kroger to pick up some chips and salsa because Friday night is Mexican Fiesta Night at stately Thor Manor. While walking to the Self Check-Out register, I passed a bookrack. Amid all the titles, five words stood out like an exploding Death Star: 5-Minute Star Wars Stories. I had no idea there was such a thing.

I was in a hurry, so I didn't stop to peruse the tome. But I Googled it at my office and found that, yes, it is a thing. On one website (named for a South American river), the descriptive text includes the following passage: "Each of these stories is the ideal length for reading aloud in five minutes--perfect for galactic adventures at lightspeed." My prurient mind could not help construing those words as a pitch to read these stories in the bathroom. Five minutes is about right ... and "lightspeed" seems appropriate after Mexican Fiesta Night.

TL;DR: I found the inspiration for the KOTFE chapters.

Don't bother using logic and facts to refute little Bran's obvious attempts at trolling. I honestly don't think this guy actually plays the game. He just makes sure to chime in on pretty much EVERY post in general discussion.....regardless of the topic....he finds someone to attack....somehow.

Why he's allowed to do this day after day after day, I'll never understand.