Megaservers

Joesixxpack

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats actually part of what keeps me on jung ma, very rarely run into derps, especially if I avoid the fleet. Now i can probably have the entire sw universe to myself in the pve instance :D

Sorry mate, I'll likely be right there with you. I might switch back to PVP for occasional RP-PVP with the Argos (as we do from time to time), but I expect I'll be spending the vast majority of my time in PVE : )

I think these East Coast PvP servers (Jung Ma / PoF) should unite in one....

These servers are dying. It makes no sense that there are two servers of the same type and location with low population...

I have tried talking to people on both servers either in game or in the forums. The responses from Pot5 are very well thought out and also honest. A general merge though not drastically needed, would be a welcomed action ^^

Sorry mate, I'll likely be right there with you. I might switch back to PVP for occasional RP-PVP with the Argos (as we do from time to time), but I expect I'll be spending the vast majority of my time in PVE : )

Greetings Celes. Argos hehe I agree with you and Xi --

Jung Ma offers great game elements that include a good community of players who all have some kind of understanding and/or tolerance for RP/In-character playstyles.

For people who think its just people talking for hours in a cantina, that's just ONE option haha you can simply run around and do PvE, or stoylines while other people you encounter will simply, most the time act in character

Ex. "You imperials are the same! stealthing unknowing pubs on tatooine! -- disperse or be arrested " xD

I have tried talking to people on both servers either in game or in the forums. The responses from Pot5 are very well thought out and also honest. A general merge though not drastically needed, would be a welcomed action ^^

On one hand people that enjoy the low pop. On the other are people that want to play on a PVP server but felt compelled to move to PVE servers.

Personally I'm in favor of merges. Merges would suck for the few hold outs yeah. But when I log POT5 and see 30 on Imp fleet during prime times, and can think of hundreds off the top of my head that didn't want to go to a different server but did, dealt with guild split ups, lost G ships, etc.to keep playing, I gotta lean towards "needs of the many".

Edited by Joesixxpack

Something to add to the "adding a pve only instance to pvp servers" bonus, people who -dont- like being social and just want to be wandering around by themselves in their own KOTOR 3 can achieve this on low pop pvp servers. If its already low pop as it is, the pve instances should be -real- empty.

Thats actually part of what keeps me on jung ma, very rarely run into derps, especially if I avoid the fleet. Now i can probably have the entire sw universe to myself in the pve instance :D

I did start to wonder when i first started playing why there were so many objective points such as mission crates/buttons/transmitters -- it was so other players could get them too, instead of waiting for them to respawn xD its just I never ran into other players seeking the objectives...kind of made me feel like it was ME against the galaxy >:p

On one hand people that enjoy the low pop. On the other are people that want to play on a PVP server but felt compelled moved to PVE servers.

Personally I'm in favor or merges. Merges would suck for the few hold outs yeah. But when I log POT5 and see 30 on Imp fleet during prime times, and can think of hundreds off the top of my head that didn't want to go to a different server, dealt with guild split ups, lost G ships, etc.to keep playing, I gotta lean towards "needs of the many".

I think it must be a topic that makes BW cringe xD maybe they are predicting a large wave of new players to fill up servers ;o

I think it must be a topic that makes BW cringe xD maybe they are predicting a large wave of new players to fill up servers ;o

Yeah must be. I get the impression they're dragging their butt given how much time and poor communication there has been, but still it appears that they're handling the whole thing with kid gloves.

Well, though merges may be a good idea, I think it would likely be best to sit back, wait to see if this change has any effect on server population and PVP as a whole, and then make suggestions after the results are clear.

I for one think this will actually BOOST population, over time, on lower population servers. But that is entirely speculative naturally.

Well, though merges may be a good idea, I think it would likely be best to sit back, wait to see if this change has any effect on server population and PVP as a whole, and then make suggestions after the results are clear.

I for one think this will actually BOOST population, over time, on lower population servers. But that is entirely speculative naturally.

True, let's hope that more players will come :) Although for some servers that already had both PvP and PvE, as well as RP in them, It's hard to see why people with go there, vs. Harb, which has more people lol

Mmmhmm, that's exactly what I meant by "kid gloves" in a prior post. BW hasn't said so but it appears fairly obvious that they're addressing things one bite at a time.

It's probably been asked but I'm not skimming through all the pages.

My question is, If this happens...Who gets first priority on their character names? Will they base it on the date the characters were created or the date the name was created etc ?

Also the RP lot of us are gonna be in a pickle on which instance to go to with a choice of only PvE or PvP an both full of trolls with none RP names ruining the fun

Mmmhmm, that's exactly what I meant by "kid gloves" in a prior post. BW hasn't said so but it appears fairly obvious that they're addressing things one bite at a time.

A measured and stepped approach to changing the game?

Am I allowed to say that I would find that a refreshing new course on the part of BW:A?

So you are telling us you make all the preparations needed for megaservers but refuse to do the last step ? Why ? Some servers, especially the pvp servers, are dead. There is no owpvp anyways because lack of population.

Most people staying at the dead servers do this for one single reason: They don't want to lose their guild effort (guild bank, flagship, guild SH).

Maybe the changes will bring some more people to the dead servers over time, we will see, but please consider a server merge, or at least some help transferring the guild efforts to another server.

This is my question as well:

PVP server has 100 people online @ prime time accross all levels and all zones

* How is splitting those 100 people in 2 separate instances going to help queue times for PVP or PVE?

It not like it is going to multiply those numbers, the server is dead Jim and once players have lost their faith in a MMO server they want to stay away from there at all cost (IMHO).

Or is the PVP queue going to pull additional players from other servers (cross server queue).

What happens when the same situation is off-peak like 3AM (GMT), and only players are on US West Coast, is the queue going to use players from US West coast as part of the pool or is the queue dead?

Like they mentione on the Wildstar forum post in earlier post they want queues to pop at all times (nothing is better than getting rolf stomped at 3AM). This would be my preference as my sleep pattern is a bit wonky and i have no life. :rolleyes:

My question is, If this happens...Who gets first priority on their character names? Will they base it on the date the characters were created or the date the name was created etc ?

I do not think it will happen actually. They have already merged servers and there were a outrage from those that lost their names. They had some kind of system that let you keep the name if you had more time played when the merger occured.

In the spirit of letting players keep their name and still be able to PvE and PvP at their own choosing the upcomming system is not a bad idea.

Edited by Icestar

I would not be opposed to a megaserver, but ONLY if you could clearly flag yourself as not being available for PvP. As someone who plays the game mostly from an RP perspective, I'm not really interested in getting mobbed out of the blue. If they could ensure that you could keep yourself out of PvP, then I'd probably be fine with it.

I would not be opposed to a megaserver, but ONLY if you could clearly flag yourself as not being available for PvP. As someone who plays the game mostly from an RP perspective, I'm not really interested in getting mobbed out of the blue. If they could ensure that you could keep yourself out of PvP, then I'd probably be fine with it.

I am sure that they would think of that if they actually merged everyone in a megaserver. Some players simply does not enjoy PvP and forcing them into doing it would create a massive problem.