Bioware just got MASSIVELY called out on the new Cartel Packs... by Massively

DustyDemonNinja

Anyone who missed this delicious bit of negative press for the game can find it here: http://massivelyop.com/2016/02/23/hyperspace-beacon-an-open-letter-to-the-creators-of-the-swtor-cartel-packs/

So - Eric - will we get an actual response to the negative feedback on the packs now, or will you continue to gloss over it like you did in the last Producer's Live Stream?

:jawa_cool:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give all the bad press you want, if people keep buying them and they keep make money, why would they stop?

This ^

No matter how much whining people do, they will still buy them in the end because they cannot discipline themselves. BW knows this all too well, so they take advantage of it. And why not? These compulsive gamblers would be out buying scratch-offs with their money and losing it anyways.

Edited by DAMossimo

I bought one single pack since the change. I won't be buying any more. I got two Chance Cubes, got a ball, and a comp appearance. The total of the two items isn't worth what I paid for the pack. So I'm done with them, if this is their model. I'll use my stipend to transfer characters around, or to unlock stuff I have or that I get on the GTN. It's not a big deal to me, but I know how to spend my money, even "free" money.

Anyone who missed this delicious bit of negative press for the game can find it here: http://massivelyop.com/2016/02/23/hyperspace-beacon-an-open-letter-to-the-creators-of-the-swtor-cartel-packs/

So - Eric - will we get an actual response to the negative feedback on the packs now, or will you continue to gloss over it like you did in the last Producer's Live Stream?

:jawa_cool:

it takes them months and two patch cycles to fix broken raids, and they can't even send emails to customers correctly.

you think this clownshoes studio is going to respond to this? cmon now

"Give all the bad press you want, if people keep buying them and they keep make money, why would they stop?"

100% correct statement. When this set came out I checked out the response on the forums. The number of people complaining was huge....however, they were also buying anywhere from 4 to 6 hypercrates while shaking their fist in anger.

Well congrats, instead of making a point getting Bio to rethink, the people in Bio were holding their hands in the air indicating touchdown!!! "Come on everyone drinks are on me!"

One person keeps spending more in a day for hypercrates WHILE complaining, than Bio makes off a subscription fee for an entire year. Want to get their attention you might consider not giving them money.

Just a thought.

...kinda this.

I mean, I like the idea that a person can get access to Cartel Items from older packs; I think the prices in the GTN for gear is so bizarre because some people have (and have held onto) gear from packs that have been out of print for months or years. I paid 20 million for the Diplomat's Hover Chair (the rarest, blue version)... but it honestly isn't worth that; I just wanted it. And, more recent packs flooded the market with a bunch of gear, driving the prices into the ditch.

The current Anarchists pack should offer ONLY current gear. This will mean that people who pay money for THE NEW STUFF will get... (duh duh Duh) THE NEW STUFF. If someone was wishing they could have a chance at something from an old pack... maybe then let them buy a "chance cube"

...no. Better. How about, let them buy one of the Bronze, Silver or Gold Weapon/Armor/Pet/Speeder/Decoration packs, which (I believe) are off the market. Pick the type of item you are hoping for, in the grade that item is from... then take your chances. If you don't get the fancy speeder you were hoping for, you will at least get something similar; might be a decent trade, or you might like it as much.

Everyone needs to understand that buying a Crate is a gamble... and that's OK. What is not OK is putting a gamble inside your gamble, so you're even less likely to get what you want. Need to fix this BW/EA

Well, Larry's really laying it on thick there. Hopefully Bioware doesn't just eyeroll and leave before they finish reading that open letter. : p

Anyway, I don't care about the lightsaber, and the chance cubes might actually be a good idea if they weren't more common than any of the new items and there was a better chance of getting something cool out of them. The real bummer with these new packs is that you can buy a hypercrate and have a good chance of getting nothing but bronze items, most of which aren't even from this pack.

But the price of these packs on the GTN is higher than normal, because everybody seems to want a crack at getting that lightsaber. If ever their was a pack to sell, this is it.

Edited by ReverendAnderson

it takes them months and two patch cycles to fix broken raids, and they can't even send emails to customers correctly.

you think this clownshoes studio is going to respond to this? cmon now

Hey! Stop posting reason and facts! This is the Interwebs! :D

I like how rare the sabers are, but I admit I'm biased because I have both versions and like having rare things. I used to use a ziost saber, but then BW put those on the CM and now everyone has one.

I liken the sabers to the white crystals back in the old packs. which where also "insanely rare drops"

Yes! Just like that. I enjoyed having one of the very few white sabers back in the day, too.

Edited by Caelrie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.