Suggestions for Those Who Say Packs Are a Ripoff

DarthEnrique

If you think the Cartel Packs are worthless, which I totally agree with those who are complaining about them, I suggest not buying anymore packs that come out and making the suggestion to your friends who play the game, whether they be in the game or in real life. Drop the sales ratings of the Cartel Packs that way. Coming on here you're just gonna get opposition by people who apparently have money to waste on Cartel Packs and not thinking of those who can't afford the luxury of it.

The truth is low buying of packs will make the developers reexamine what they are doing and make it more likely for them to listen. Money and actions speak louder than words so just spread it to those who you know will support you not here on the forum cause you will get people who will be snobbish instead of understanding.

Just trying to be helpful.

Edited by DarthEnrique

I actually like these packs.

The chance cubes have flooded the GTN with stuff driving down prices! I have been able to get many decorations and armor sets that I wasn't willing to pay the high prices for before. So Bioware did end up getting me to spend some coins from unlocking stuff in collections.

So what should they be selling other than Cartel packs to make money?

Sell limited time items over packs maybe but that's me. Eg. They'd make a lot more money if they put out the Unstable Arbiter's Lightsaber by itself. But I really don't care. I don't buy packs. I am just making a suggestion to help keep people from getting hassled.

Edited by DarthEnrique

I love the ones who do cause I buy the armor i want of the gtn. But that just me but some been Unhappy from the packs that came with 4.0 and they re did them and some still not happy. To me I like to see them go back to the old style packs the items to we seamed worth the cost and the 250 or the 200 still only get two packs with my 500 coins cause by time my sk and my last friend 100 they come in later and end up using them for the cheap unlocks of stuff I want to use on other toons.

I personally would rather just buy an item I needed than buy the packs (sure I'm as guilty of buying packs before)

I'd rather they extend the current market to include all the pack items as seperate purchases

I would probably spend a lot more IRL money then, knowing I got what I wanted

So what should they be selling other than Cartel packs to make money?

Character slots have always been the most reliable and cost efficient way to make credits. On Jung Ma, they sell for as much as 2 million each.

Of course using your cartel coins to make credits in 2016 is stupid anyway. Once you hit 65, you're easily making over 15K credits for quests that take a minute or two to complete. Without even trying, I ended up gathering 14 million credits just by PVPing and running heroics to grind alliance crates. Across all of my characters, I have more credits now than I know what to do with. I've run out of pretty vanity items to waste them on.

so what should they be selling other than cartel packs to make money?

CONTENT - I don't know, call me old fashioned, but in games I play - I like to PLAY them not play dress-up barbie doll all afternoon with expensive pixels, blowing my money on RNG then complaining the rest of the afternoon I didn't get the clothes I wanted to dress my SW barbie dolls..

Edited by Dreadicus

I think my suggestion is just don't buy them is pretty straightforward and suggestion to others outside the forum not to buy them is pretty straightforward. Make a stand but do it in a way where you don't get opposition. Buyers beware is a dumb statement and gambling is a bad habit.

Actual items. WYSIWYG items.

I'd by so much stuff if WYSIWYG... Wife too. <.< Even if the prices were high tbh.

EDIT: Wife would buy stuff. I wouldn't buy a wife. I got one already. -_-'

Edited by Darcor

I have played my fair share of MMOs, I always come back to this one for the story.

I am a big fan of fluff. I can't help it. I see something shiny and I start throwing money at my monitor.

The new hypercrate? I bought one before I was even fully logged in! It was a let down.

So...lesson learned. I don't want to buy anymore crates until they go back to how they were before. With certificates and rep items and vendor.

They managed the unthinkable...I was a serious fluff gambling addict. Guess I should thank them really, because I have no desire to buy their crates anymore. I am reformed! And my hubby couldn't be happier :)

I bought one of the new packs yesterday.

Had a bit of Jawa stuff, 1 great Companion present and 2 Chance Cubes in it.

Result from both Cubes : 1 colouring module, 1 similarly uninteresting piece of stuff ( can't remember its name right now again ).

I think I'm rather spending my CC's on unlocks now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.