Slicing nodes broken, giving way too many credits since 4.1

paperstop

This thread is ridiculous.

Do you complain to your boss on payday that your paycheck has too much money in it too?

On a more serious note, you talk about the economy of this game like it isn't already completely out of whack. Nothing about the slicing nodes being the way they are will make the economy more/less screwy than it already is and always will be.

Credit farmers are going to credit farm regardless of what is in those boxes. It will make 0 difference in the credit farming world to change them. You know who it WILL affect? Legitimate players who are just trying to make a little extra spending cash WITHOUT buying credits from credit farmers. But by all means, cut those people off at the knees.

I also agree with the notion that you should NEVER ask Bioware to "nerf" something. It has never ended well. They always sledgehammer things into oblivion and never "balance" the way people expect. If you want them to take the value of slicing nodes out of the game entirely, then by all means keep after them about this. Otherwise just leave it alone. None of the arguments you make in favor of changing it will make any difference.

Again, I agree with the notion that there are literally HUNDREDS of things more important to fix than this. It is a non-issue by comparison.

^^This.

Either way if this is such a pressing issue and BW is so worried about their economy I'm sure they would've had more than enough data since 4.1 to put out a fix. Whats that *gasps* they didn't? You mean just like they didn't fix the item duping exploit for months which actually brutalized and maimed the economy? BW caring about the economy would actually mean monitoring bots vigorously which they don't and setting limits on high price gouging and place more credit sinks like taxes. Please all of you so worried about a "game" economy are hilarious please allow me to laugh harder at this asanine crap. Yes there are more pressing issues in this game than slicing giving out credits, are y'all jealous of slicers? Seems like you are just a bunch of bitter crybabies. Either way it doesn't anymore because I'm sure if it's a problem their metrics will show it and they will get around to nerfing it. However, when they nerf it to kingdom come I'll be around to laugh at the next person who yells nerf this or nerf that. :D

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referral

Posting your referral in a post is against the forum rules. Please place it your signature like mine before someone reports you there are people who don't have anything better to do. Also please don't post without adding input into the topic at hand thank you. :)

EDIT: Just saw people posted this already when I was typing this up. On topic though please Slicing is fine especially with the increased costs to run missions as well. The only people who would have an issue with it is the 1 percent who probably don't want to see people accumulate wealth like they have, I've seen people complaining about heroics, nodes, slicing, mission payouts, and etc. It is ridiculous to say the least when we have bugs that are destroying the ability to play through some of the content in the game.

Edited by squirrelballz

Posting your referral in a post is against the forum rules. Please place it your signature like mine before someone reports you there are people who don't have anything better to do. Also please don't post without adding input into the topic at hand thank you. :)

I remember that he`s been told about this referral thing few times already, but it seems that he keeps posing it? :)

I remember that he`s been told about this referral thing few times already, but it seems that he keeps posing it? :)

Just wait for the forum police to arrive I'm sure they will be here any minute to report them. Once they get reported by the "forum police" (I would say names but name shaming is against the rules) they will stop because after a few warnings the CM's will suspend his posting privileges. The CM's do monitor referrals and give out infractions for it. :)

EDIT: LOL they are really going at it posting in every thread possible it's only a matter of time before the ban hammer comes. :p

Edited by squirrelballz

Just wait for the forum police to arrive I'm sure they will be here any minute to report them. Once they get reported by the "forum police" (I would say names but name shaming is against the rules) they will stop because after a few warnings the CM's will suspend his posting privileges. The CM's do monitor referrals and give out infractions for it. :)

EDIT: LOL they are really going at it posting in every thread possible it's only a matte of time before the ban hammer comes. :p

His entire post history is referral links it seems. I smell credit seller.

I have to agree with the crowd suggesting to have slicing nodes give materials. Nothing good comes from having pure credits in slicing nodes. Especially now that they are giving almost 3x what they did before 4.1. Security chests and slicing nodes giving large amounts of pure credits was a mistake since day 1. At least chests don't have them anymore so we are half way there now

does anyone know if this is fixed on test center?

the bots are going crazy over these things and using teleport hacks to loot them 24/7. all this hurts the in game economy and hurts sales of cartel coins as people just buy from the exploiters instead.

these things should not give credits but should give mats/loot instead, easy fix.

I'm not sure how people are getting so many credits from these nodes, because even on the highest level planets, the blue credit boxes aren't giving me much more than I would get from lower level planets (about 4k credits). In the old days, they used to give about 11k which was great, but nowadays not as much. I don't think I've received more than 4k from any box.

you can up to 15k in a box, maybe a little more. 20-30 boxes every 15 mins x 24 hrs a day x however many they have doing it, good bye economy. The real problem stems in the fact you have people getting them automated and doing it while stealth, underground, etc. There is no way for an average player to compete against these tactics and the high profit in it is why they do it.

I'm not sure how people are getting so many credits from these nodes, because even on the highest level planets, the blue credit boxes aren't giving me much more than I would get from lower level planets (about 4k credits). In the old days, they used to give about 11k which was great, but nowadays not as much. I don't think I've received more than 4k from any box.

yeah same here.. after the patch i maxed my slicing and farmed yavin for 30 minutes... i had a full invent with boxes but i really didn't feel it was worth the time. i make more flipping on the GTN or running weekly H2s with my characters. and even more by collecting raw materials. slicing isn't worth my time, and i have never gotten more then 4.5k out of an box...

Because on Yavin with 550 in slicing, the nodes are dropping 2-3 boxes, each with 3-5K credits, so pulling ~12K per node is about average.

Multiple that by the number of nodes being collected by the credit seller bots running 24 / 7 and using teleport / speed / stealth hacks, and there are large amounts of credits being generated.

His entire post history is referral links it seems. I smell credit seller.

What would happen I wonder if you went around on a new account spamming someones referral link you didn't like ... hope BW put reasonable investigations in before deleting accounts.

yeah same here.. after the patch i maxed my slicing and farmed yavin for 30 minutes... i had a full invent with boxes but i really didn't feel it was worth the time. i make more flipping on the GTN or running weekly H2s with my characters. and even more by collecting raw materials. slicing isn't worth my time, and i have never gotten more then 4.5k out of an box...

All things that are really difficult to bot unlike slicing nodes.

I've not seen raw material gathering from nodes earn more than slicing node gathering though? Got an example?

Because on Yavin with 550 in slicing, the nodes are dropping 2-3 boxes, each with 3-5K credits, so pulling ~12K per node is about average.

Multiple that by the number of nodes being collected by the credit seller bots running 24 / 7 and using teleport / speed / stealth hacks, and there are large amounts of credits being generated.

I've not looked too much into this but how many nodes are there? How quick do they refresh on Yavin? I.e. what is the realistic hourly return for a bot do you believe in your observations based on all the factors that could affect them etc.?

I've not looked too much into this but how many nodes are there? How quick do they refresh on Yavin? I.e. what is the realistic hourly return for a bot do you believe in your observations based on all the factors that could affect them etc.?

I pulled about 500k in a half hour, competing against what looked like 4 bots and another real player (only 6 in the instance at the time, all farming slicing boxes). The repops are pretty fast.

So the return probably sucks for a bot during prime time, but is likely pretty damn good during off hours.

This thread is ridiculous :jawa_biggrin:

None of the estimates mentioned here are in the realm of reality. I play on Harbinger, the most populated server by far, and whenever I am on Yavin, I ALWAYS find nodes that are untouched by bots. The economy of the game will not deteriorate by credit sellers. It will deteriorate if idiotic people continue to buy stuff like the Unstable Lightsaber for 50 million credits. And this will happen, no matter what you do with slicing.

ANY gathering skill can get you lots of money, if you know how to do it. So stop complaining about slicing, because there will always exist thousands of players that make dozens of millions of credits in a short amount of time, whether that is by collecting slicing nodes, selling bio-nodes, playing the GTN, buying them from credit sellers, or doing 50 heroics per week with 20 toons.

Slicing is not broken, it works just fine.

All things that are really difficult to bot unlike slicing nodes.

I've not seen raw material gathering from nodes earn more than slicing node gathering though? Got an example?

nevermind.. i thought about it.. farming raw materials wouldn't nearly get me to what you could farm doing slicing...

like i said.. 30 minutes slicing and i didn't have the feeling its worth it.. but it actually is.. those small credit numbers quickly add up.

Edited by ClaytonL
misstyped

nevermind.. i thought about it.. farming raw materials wouldn't nearly get me to what you could farm doing slicing...

like i said.. 30 minutes slicing and i didn't have the feeling its worth it.. but it actually is.. those small credit numbers quickly add up.

Yeah, I saw the potential, but I have better crap to do with my time than run around farming slicing nodes.

If I was willing to run a bot, though, hell yeah I'd do it. Making millions of credits while I work, sleep, or study?

This thread is ridiculous :jawa_biggrin:

None of the estimates mentioned here are in the realm of reality. I play on Harbinger, the most populated server by far, and whenever I am on Yavin, I ALWAYS find nodes that are untouched by bots. The economy of the game will not deteriorate by credit sellers. It will deteriorate if idiotic people continue to buy stuff like the Unstable Lightsaber for 50 million credits. And this will happen, no matter what you do with slicing.

ANY gathering skill can get you lots of money, if you know how to do it. So stop complaining about slicing, because there will always exist thousands of players that make dozens of millions of credits in a short amount of time, whether that is by collecting slicing nodes, selling bio-nodes, playing the GTN, buying them from credit sellers, or doing 50 heroics per week with 20 toons.

Slicing is not broken, it works just fine.

I was going to leave it ... but I just can't ... how does people buying an ultra rare limited supply saber cause the economy to deteriorate?

I pulled about 500k in a half hour, competing against what looked like 4 bots and another real player (only 6 in the instance at the time, all farming slicing boxes). The repops are pretty fast.

So the return probably sucks for a bot during prime time, but is likely pretty damn good during off hours.

What's the theoretical return like though say you had the whole place to yourself and could automate it?

Just trying to think of credit injection to the game as opposed to what any one person could achieve.

If I suddenly got triple my paycheck, I would ask what is going on because there most likely was an error. If drug dealers that hand out around my work place start getting a paycheck and they end up making more than the people working. Then you are damn right that I'm going to complain.

You are right that credit farmers will still credit farm but there is a huge difference. They won't be generating the massive amounts of credits and greatly increasing inflation without the large amount from slicing.

People like you just look at what is in front of your face and not the bigger picture. For example say they leave slicing exactly how it is. The rate of inflation greatly increases and the value of your hard earned credits drop. Eventually credit sellers will be selling massive amounts of credits for practically nothing. Which means less people will buy credits by going through the cartel market so less money for Bioware. Which also leads to people getting bored with the game quicker and moving on since you can get everything so easy.

Lets also not forget the cheating environment vibe giving off by all the bots farming the nodes which results in frustrated people. Yes there will always be some bots but it is 10x worse when you watch them get massive currency when it can easily be stopped. Keep in mind this is just a few things for example, this has a huge chain reaction on the game.

You are also hilariously wrong about a slicing change having an effect on players. People who buy credits don't farm in the first place. That is the whole point of them buying credits so they don't have to farm. Also that fact that people keep screaming how great credits from heroics are and they are so much better than slicing. Then why are a little extra credits from slicing needed? Just make an alt which is more fun and do more heroics?

Lastly some people keep implying there is more important things as if altering slicing is a month long project. When in reality its a few hours at most of work so its not going to take away from other things getting fixed.

Credit farmers don't ruin the market. People who buy credits from them do. If people would stop buying credits, it wouldn't matter how much they could make in a day.

If your paycheck suddenly read "Pay to the order of PennyAnn Eleventy Gajillion Dollars USD" but everyone was now making at least as much, you can bet your *** you'd be complaining, because prices would raise to match the massive amounts of -essentially worthless- currency now in circulation. See, it wouldn't be just you getting a marvelous raise, and it's not just you getting them sweet blue lockboxes from slicing nodes. Despite earning "more", you are effectively poorer.

That's the risk of runaway inflation, it affects everyone -- but especially those "legitimate players" that would waste their time chasing nodes, because their meager savings cannot really buy anything anymore. At that point in-game currency is useless beyond dealing with the unavoidable credit sinks built into the system and the economy transitions into a barter system, where wealth is stored as valuable/rare items, think Dark Matter Catalysts. That's not a bad thing per se, but again, it hits new and casual players especially hard.

And no, sorry, but "bots gonna bot/economy is already in bad shape" is no excuse to let the issue be. More like the opposite, in fact.

I was being facetious. The real life economy and Star Wars are not comparable. I was just making the comparison about complaining about having more money, be it in real life or in a dumb game that does not in any way resemble real life, including in the economy.

i don't have time to follow everything on reddit and the forums and everywhere but can someone tell me if they gave an estimated time on when this bug/exploit will be fixed?

the botters are teleporting all over the place looting these things 24/7 and getting tons of credits. plus they can generate credits so cheaply that people buy credits from them rather than buy cartel coins. this is really hurting the game and cartel coin sales.

they need to reduce the reduce the credits bigtime or make it give mats instead of credits.

Edited by jaygreb
s