The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Scammed, Ripped off, and mislead... WTH Cartel Market?!

Phaedruss

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL< I looked at some cubes on GTN, though well they be real cheap as it seems NO ONE WANT'S THEM.

LOL, but no these are been sold for far more as in a lot more than the new items from the packs with just a few exceptions. As in droid comp and swamp rancor and one of the other mounts.

So your complaint is what again OP?

Based on the large number of people complaining here, I have a feeling these packs have succeeded well beyond their expectations!!!

Keep buying crates and packs...you give them absolutely no reason to change anything. If you want change, stop buying them. It's THAT simple...

Sure it is. Chumps are handing it over and encouraging BW to treat them like chumps.

LOL! Exactly Joe. There's that saying about a fool and his money...

Honestly, I'm impressed with it. I didn't think there was a chance in hell these packs would succeed...I was dead freaking wrong. Bioware has once again proven that their smartest people work on the CM.

LOL! Exactly Joe. There's that saying about a fool and his money...

Honestly, I'm impressed with it. I didn't think there was a chance in hell these packs would succeed...I was dead freaking wrong. Bioware has once again proven that their smartest people work on the CM.

^^ Truth BW/EA owns its customers when it comes to packs. I also didn't think this many people wanted that lightsaber, I mean it's not even crossguard. However, props to the CM Team they are doing a pretty damn good job. :)

Bioware: Oh! You've been a loyal and supportive player since launch?!

Here's a bunch of stuff you already bought from us, again!

*face slap*

I'm SOOOOO sorry you didnt get 10-20 copies each of the same stupid Czerka sled, recolored Mierm scooter, and 2-3 armor sets you would have gotten instead.

If you had bought that many packs before, you would have noticed that the bronze rarity occupies about half your drops, but the pool consists of about 10-15 items, resulting in you getting an insane amount of duplicates. Old crap you already have is better than the 20-30th copy of a new piece of crap, because at least at that point you can potentially sell the new stuff.

Bronze's in the strategy alliance were going for under 1k. The cubes go for 200-300k. Sorry man, the cubes are better.

You can say its "always been a gamble..." or whatever,

but i feel super mislead, ripped off, and scammed after this pack.

Yeah but, that is what the word gamble means. I mean you yourself admit it is and you are aware of the fact it is a gamble. That's great that you have that surplus money that allows you to spend than much when new packs come out and I don't deride you using your surplus money any damn way you want, its your money!

But, you were not scammed. You were not mislead and you were most certainly not ripped off.

I mean, everyone knows that the chances of winning the rare and most sought after new items that only come from said packs is extremely small. If they were commonly won they would cease to have their allure and would quickly cease to be anything of value. I'm sure there are some items you wouldn't care if everyone and their sister had.

But let's be honest, if everyone were walking around in Revan's garb [ don't see the draw personaly, but I recognize a lot of people would love to have it], they'd start to all look like idiots.

I really loved the Sith Recluse chest armor [which really appears more than just as a chest piece because of its length and all encompassing look, I didn't get it from packs because I knew I could spend hundreds of dollars and not get it anyways, I saved up and bought it off the gtn. But everytime I get in a group and there one or two others wearing it, it totally kills it for me. Granted, not everyone might feel that way, but I cant help but think when im in a group and two or more of the people are wearing the same "rare" gear and thus have the same look that it's it renders it comical.

The rarity of many of these most sought after items are a large part of what makes them special. You may be an exception and not care about such things, that's certainly possible. But ask yourself, if what you spent all that money to get by buying all those packs you got, and so did half the rest of the people, would you be as happy with getting it?

Whatever your opinion on that is, I don't find the point of contention of your post holding much water. If you didn't know it than, that hopefully now you do and perhaps in the future will not find yourself so disappointed. The most sought after and rare items in these packs have a very small chance of being obtained. Surely you increase your chances the more packs you buy, but having one percent chance of getting something or a ten percent chance of getting something doesn't change the fact that a ten percent chance is not a very good chance or likely.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

The only observable difference with the new packs is Chance Cubes dropping in place of bronze items. Some people like this, some people do not. Bioware told us all in advance of this change and how it would work, so nobody should be surprised.

Watching GTN listings, it appears that silver and gold (especially super rare gold) drops are falling at about the same rate as always for packs.

And notably, several people have in fact shared with us that they actually got a new item in the Chance Cubes. Right, wrong, or working as intended... remains to be seen.

TL;DR taking your emotions at face value, and coupled with what is observable..... IMO, you effectively scammed yourself and ripped yourself off by somehow expecting drops that are contrary to what they shared with us in advance, and buying packs in quantity. If you cannot handle the disappointment of /random, you don't take the chance.

Edited by Andryah

Point being, I have never felt scammed through the CM until now.

With the reduction of drop rates, chance cubes, etc...

You can't get a player base, that generally is ok and comfortable spending money on a certain drop % and then without saying anything at all reduce the chances of winning. That is literally baiting people into a scam, and may even stretch the border of what is and is not morally ok and legal.

Just a side note... "Ok, so NOW this is a problem because YOU feel scammed?"

News flash, a whole lot of us have felt that way for a long time, you're late to the party. :) That is part of why you're getting the replies you're getting, we have all made peace with the situation as it stands.

For me, the final straw was the cartel slot machine a year ago, haven't bought any CC since then. For you, maybe it is this.

It is not, however, a scam, or illegal... Vote with your wallet, it is the only thing they listen to.

^^ Truth BW/EA owns its customers when it comes to packs. I also didn't think this many people wanted that lightsaber, I mean it's not even crossguard. However, props to the CM Team they are doing a pretty damn good job. :)

Just wait until they DO make a crossguard version. :)

Then why did you buy so many? its not their fault. They neither scammed you or made you buy them.

But someone who spends $500 on packs should not be left feeling cheated. They should feel rewarded and encouraged to spend even more. It's common sense.

But someone who spends $500 on packs should not be left feeling cheated. They should feel rewarded and encouraged to spend even more. It's common sense.

But the only way that's going to change for the better is if people have "standards" on what they'll buy. If enough people are willing to give Bioware $500 for some scraps and Jawa junk and old gear no one wanted the first time, then Bioware has no incentive to improve the packs.

Personally, I'd rather see more direct sale of specific items, and less RNG-roulette. But maybe I'm being a dreamer in thinking that a more straight-forward CM would be better for the players while still making Bioware good money.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

But the only way that's going to change for the better is if people have "standards" on what they'll buy. If enough people are willing to give Bioware $500 for some scraps and Jawa junk and old gear no one wanted the first time, then Bioware has no incentive to improve the packs.

I also wish people were smart enough not to feed the cartel overlords I mean market by buying packs if more people purchased direct to sale items BW would put their money where the metrics are. I'm Jealous of BW I wish I could lure people into spending hundreds on packs they are not guaranteed to get the item they want. BW is smart when it comes to cartel market because they learned from their cartel overlords EA. :)

Were do you draw the line on this? $250? $500? $1000? Why $500?

I will argue that they used to reward these players with the rep items and the vendors...but those days are gone, in favor of even easier $ with recycled items.

While some people may disagree that it is gambling, you are playing a game of chance in what you get. That you invest 'real' money for 'digital products' shouldn't discount it is gambling, only difference you will always be down real money at the end.

This makes BW best client an addict and for them no amount of bad rolls will change that when the next pack that comes out, they will believe their luck will change. BW would be advised to keep the chances as low as possible because an addict will beg, borrow, steal, lie and cheat to fund their addiction, however once they win they will stop. The higher the chance the less the addict will have to spend to get their desired end and the less money bioware will make from them.

Now some may say its moral reprehensible or that people will realize their low chance of winning and not keep buying packs. However as long as addicts keep buying them BW would be stupid to change the setup and miss taking advantage of gamblers.

Look folks, for those that buy these Cartel Packs. You'll just have to think of these packs as if you are buying a raffle ticket/s. Just because you bought a ticket/s doesn't mean your gonna win the door prize. And all the money you spend on said raffle tickets are donated to a good cause.

Well the money you spend on these cartel coins, so you can buy these cartel packs. Well all you are doing is donating money to BW = raffle ticket and door prize = cartel packs. Which the odds are not in your favor, that you will win the door prize = or get the desired item from said cartel packs.

Just think of it, as you are just donating to a good cause and for that effort you get a consolation prize basket.

Or (lol) think of it as Forrest Gump thinks of a box of chocolates, he said it best. Life or a Cartel pack, is like a box of Chocolates or door prize, you'll never know what your gonna get.

Think like that, and all this animosity goes away about cartel packs...... You just donating to a good cause. Keeping the game alive.

Take Care & Be Well........

Come on, it's a friggin' cheeseball video game. Behind the scenes are nerds doing nerdy things to get more money from nerds, not hospitality pros at a nice place handling guests.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I'm SOOOOO sorry you didnt get 10-20 copies each of the same stupid Czerka sled, recolored Mierm scooter, and 2-3 armor sets you would have gotten instead.

If you had bought that many packs before, you would have noticed that the bronze rarity occupies about half your drops, but the pool consists of about 10-15 items, resulting in you getting an insane amount of duplicates. Old crap you already have is better than the 20-30th copy of a new piece of crap, because at least at that point you can potentially sell the new stuff.

Bronze's in the strategy alliance were going for under 1k. The cubes go for 200-300k. Sorry man, the cubes are better.

^This so much! I made more off the chance cubes than I would have trying to sell my 30th republic banner or ball toss for less than 1k credits. I made enough selling the things I got from the chance cubes to buy the things I didn't get from the pack itself.