Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+) v3.0

caederon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I was going through my many (folder says 1543 items, of which 72 are screenshots of anything other than GSF leaderboards) GSF leaderboard screenshots, and I found some things that are of interest, but the list is fairly long so I'll break it up into a few posts, organized by server, faction, and ship.

Server: Shadowlands, Republic faction

Shadowlands - Comet Breaker (TDM):

Tae-gun, Comet Breaker (TDM):

Tae-gun - Comet Breaker - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 76,539 damage

Shadowlands - Condor (TDM):

Tae-gun, Condor:

Tae-gun - Condor - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 59,594 damage

Shadowlands - Condor (DOM):

Dal-ben, Condor:

Dal-ben (Tae-gun) - Condor - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 17 solo kills

Dal-ben (Tae-gun) - Condor - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 65,022 damage

Shadowlands - Flashfire:

Tae-gun, Flashfire:

Tae-gun - Flashfire - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 8 solo kills

Shadowlands - Quarrel:

Tae-gun, Quarrel:

Tae-gun - Quarrel - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 386 objective points

Tae-gun - Quarrel - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 147,828 damage

Jun-tae, Quarrel:

Jun-tae (Tae-gun) - Quarrel - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 38 kills+assists

Shadowlands - Sledgehammer:

Jiinara (Shadowlands), Sledgehammer:

Jiinara (Tae-gun) - Sledgehammer - <Order of Legends> - Shadowlands - 597 objective points

Edited by Eldarion_Velator
some more contrast

Server: Jedi Covenant, Republic faction

Jedi Covenant, Quarrel:

Tae-gun (Jedi Covenant), Quarrel:

Tae-gun - Quarrel - unguilded - Jedi Covenant - 41 kills+assists

Tae-gun - Quarrel - unguilded - Jedi Covenant - 171,118 damage

(Shadowlands was probably down and I may have been taking out my frustrations in Jedi Covenant's GSF.)

commentary

Shadowlands - Mangler:

Itania, Mangler:

Itania (Tae-gun) - Mangler - <Malachor Remnant> - Shadowlands - 15 solo kills*

Itania (Tae-gun) - Mangler - <Malachor Remnant> - Shadowlands - 45 kills+assists*

(During the match in which I reached the above achievements, I believe my 1 death was a self-destruct, after which I respawned in the same ship, i.e. the Mangler.)

Grindmistress, Mangler:

Grindmistress (Tae-gun) - Mangler - unguilded - Shadowlands - 154,402 damage

(It should be noted that Grindmistress is my newest toon as of this posting and with fewer than 50 total matches on that toon, none of that toon's ships were mastered at the time this screenshot was taken.)

Shadowlands - Jurgoran:

Tal'narus, Jurgoran:

Tal'narus (Tae-gun) - Jurgoran - <Malachor Remnant> - Shadowlands - 28 kills+assists

Tal'narus (Tae-gun) - Jurgoran - <Malachor Remnant> - Shadowlands - 50,380 damage

*These items may be lacking the necessary requirements for ship-specific records.

Records updated!

... mostly.

@Tae-gun: that is an amazingly comprehensive career overview, and I know some of those will chart, but could you please edit it down to only the ones that actually hit the mark?

Keep in mind:

• It's your personal best and not the best for each of your characters that will get on the list, so whichever of your characters has the best stat in a given category is the only one that will be listed.
  • For the gunships, there is a separate category for T2/T3 GS Damage in Dom and TDM, but not for any of the other stats. The rest encompass all gunships.

_

Sadly I do not have a staff of volunteers here to sort and verify each of those, so a bit of vetting is required on your part : ) Once you whittle off all the extraneous entries, I'll get yours added in. You can just edit down the original posts and notify me once you have.

Everyone else, your records are up in their proper positions!

- Despon

Edited by caederon

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like only one of these will chart (solo kills), but here's a match I just played:

Scout deathmatch:

Skyesora-srw (Skye) - Flashfire - <Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing> - Jedi Covenant - 35 kills + assists

Skyesora-srw (Skye) - Flashfire - <Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing> - Jedi Covenant - 240.43 DPS

Skyesora-srw (Skye) - Flashfire - <Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing> - Jedi Covenant - 20 solo kills

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/HscSJ

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is updated with all the records that counted!

I actually had one of my own to add,

Despon - Ocula - Harbinger - 38 Kills + Assists

@Tae-gun

Got all of yours that counted up online, though for this one:

Do you have a screenshot that shows the 17 solo kills dialog? Also, what a weird match that seems to have been.

@Skye

While it was awesome, your 35 k+a game didn't quite make the grade even before my 38 (Xi'ao had 37). Impressive DPS there, though.

Thanks, everyone, for participating. I am considering starting a fresh new records thread when 5.2.2 hits and the requisition gains are changed. Usually we would have waited for a significant change to the actual gameplay mechanics for this, but I feel it might be beneficial to have a clean slate for people to fill back up and get some new names on there. The game has changed a bit since DvL brought in more players, in tone and constitution. Thoughts?

- Despon

Edited by caederon

Thanks, everyone, for participating. I am considering starting a fresh new records thread fresh 5.2.2 hits and the requisition gains are changed. Usually we would have waited for a significant change to the actual gameplay mechanics for this, but I feel it might be beneficial to have a clean slate for people to fill back up and get some new names on there. The game has changed a bit since DvL brought in more players, in tone and constitution. Thoughts?

I think it's a good idea. We may never receive a truly major update, and given all the new names/faces in GSF (well, "new" relative to the age of this thread) 5.2.2 seems like as good a time as any to start again. Might as well give the current player population a shot at the record book. This thread will always be here for reference.

Got all of yours that counted up online, though for this one:

Do you have a screenshot that shows the 17 solo kills dialog? Also, what a weird match that seems to have been.

Unfortunately I do not (so it's all right it if doesn't make the lists) - and while I don't remember much about the match itself, I figure it must have been at some off-peak time or later in the evening (it looks like it was a pub v. pub based on the character names on both teams), so yes, weird.

Records posted!

..and with that, we have reached

_

THE END

_

(of this iteration of the records thread)

I am pleased to have overseen the cataloguing of your remarkable achievements in this game we all inhabit. Barriers were broken that I never expected to fall, and many spectacular performances will remain immortalized here in this chronicle of the time between SWTOR patches 2.8 and 5.2.1. It was an unusually long period of time for one set of records to remain relevant, and there are still names on these lists that reach back into the past ages of GSF. Now, though, is the time to look to the future.

Patch 5.2.2 does not bring any mechanical changes to the gameplay of GSF, but it does drastically change the speed at which ships and components are acquired. This, in conjunction with a distinct change in the overall tenor of the game since DvL started, has prompted a close to the lengthiest chapter of GSF history. With the advent of the new patch on 06/13/2017, a new records thread will debut... under new management!

Keep flying, keep learning, keep shooting, and let these records old and new be the spur that motivates you to rise higher.

- Despon

Edited by caederon

Records posted!

..and with that, we have reached

_

THE END

_

(of this iteration of the records thread)

I am pleased to have overseen the cataloguing of your remarkable achievements in this game we all inhabit. Barriers were broken that I never expected to fall, and many spectacular performances will remain immortalized here in this chronicle of the time between SWTOR patches 2.8 and 5.2.1. It was an unusually long period of time for one set of records to remain relevant, and there are still names on these lists that reach back into the past ages of GSF. Now, though, is the time to look to the future.

Patch 5.2.2 does not bring any mechanical changes to the gameplay of GSF, but it does drastically change the speed at which ships and components are acquired. This, in conjunction with a distinct change in the overall tenor of the game since DvL started, has prompted a close to the lengthiest chapter of GSF history. With the advent of the new patch on 06/13/2017, a new records thread will debut... under new management!

Keep flying, keep learning, keep shooting, and let these records old and new be the spur that motivates you to rise higher.

- Despon

I don't care if you lot believe me or not. I actually own a little over 30% of the strike records.

Records are a nice goal for some. For others, it's just about being the best one can be. Follow your heart. -Siddain