Stock Night on Harbinger 02/20/16

Maulkat

Event: Stock night on Harbinger

When: Feb. 20, 2016

Start time: 6pm pst, 7pm mst, 8pm cst, 9pm est

End time: Whenever but probably about two to three hours

Rules: Only stock ships with stock, original components. Any ship is acceptable.

Gone Sithing imp side and Jawa's Order pub side will be hosting a stock night event on Harbinger server Sat. Feb. 20.

Come all pilots to join either faction in stock night fun. If you want to group with friends, go for it. Voice chat of mumble will be offered. You do not need to join either guild to be part of this event, but are more than welcome to. Make sure to /cjoin gsf on your stock toons.

See you all in the skies!

Compliance is the biggest issue with a stock night. Ideally, a dead server is the best because

1. It has no good pilots, or at least very few

2. chances of stock vs. stock is really high

Harbinger is the exact opposite situation, making it the worst choice to do a stock night. It has the largest community--most of which are wholly ignorant of these forums--and I'd guess has more mastered ship toons than any other server. Why not do it on Jung Ma or POT5? It takes no effort to make a new toon for stock night.

Since most of the gsf population doesn't read this forum, I've been getting word out in the /gsf chat when I log in/out for the day. I intent is to bring more new people to Harbinger. Yes, a dead server would be optimal, but I just don't see that happening.

Also on another server, I am unable to say my respective guilds are hosting the event. On Harbinger, I can say that and have put their names as the "sponsers".

Stock can't be enforced, only encouraged. Either way, it'll work out. :)

Y'all could come over to Jedi Cov. We'll end up with mostly wargames and good stock pilots typically annihilate the imp pilots.

I can supply maulkat with all the permissions and stuff on Jedi Cov she'd need as well since she's in Secforce Squadron/Dark Call of the Empire.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

That would be cool, Dom. Just get them to /cjoin gsf and we can see about getting groups together. I will also offer mumble info to those that are grouped and want it.

I'm looking forward to tonight and hope it'll be a success. Not sure how many people pub side will be involved though.

Stock night was a big success. Mostly imp side fliers were involved, I never saw a pub flier with a "stock" in the name so I'm not sure if they even knew about it. Had a few wargames, but mostly it was against pub pilots.

Yep, good times, thanks for organizing. I didn't recognize a lot of names, but clearly there was quite a bit of participation and the matches were entertaining. Here's one random screenie; not a particularly great game but fun nonetheless.