368 packs opened ZERO sabers. Working as intended!

Gothreg

dang that's about 480$ irl packs

did you really spend all that money in this packs? wow, you must be rich because EVERYBODY is talking how broke the loot/chance system on this cubes are kind broken now.

everyone has their favorite tastes, fact. some people like orange others apples. but for me that lightsaber its ugly as hell. I hate that Ken Rylo lightsaber on the movie and i dont like here too. that unstable blade looks more like a broken blade to me. hahahah no elegance and sophistication

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem here is that you spent real money on packs when everyone knows the drop rate for anything decent is so low there's no point trying. I'm not buying any packs until they actually get a reasonable chance of getting something I might want. They made them terrible on 4.0 and the new added random item just takes up space that something good might be in. If you go ahead and buy them packs anyway, it's your own fault you get trash and you encourage BW to keep them full of garbage.

It seems you fell victim to the idea that your opinion is the same as everyone else's opinion. I have bought multiple hypercrates from every pack that has come out. While drop rates have sometimes been less than what I felt was justified, I have been able to collect the items from these packs with 6-7 hypercrates.

If they truly did replace bronze items with a roll on bronze items from previous packs (and I have no reason to believe they did not), then the lack of success with acquiring silver and gold items speaks to either too many silver and gold items in the pack (possibly what would have once been bronze is now silver) or that the drop chances on the more prized items do not align with what we have previously seen in the Cartel Market.

Additionally, no one could have prior knowledge of how bad this pack could be, and I sure that some of them (like myself) just assumed it was bad RNG so kept buying packs to try to get past that. When these players were still left wanting, they were jaded, and this will have a longer term impact on the cartel market. To put it simply, you can shear a sheep every day but you can only skin it once.

Yeah the saber needs to have a platinum icon and color. It's not a gold drop. Not when you have less than 0.1% to get it.

And considering how much they promoted the saber, I doubt few people actually believed it would be so extremely rare. I feared it would be because it's typical. Personally I wanted one of the rancors.

Yeah the saber needs to have a platinum icon and color. It's not a gold drop. Not when you have less than 0.1% to get it.

And considering how much they promoted the saber, I doubt few people actually believed it would be so extremely rare. I feared it would be because it's typical. Personally I wanted one of the rancors.

I understand your sentiment entirely... now calling the saber "platinum" really doesn't address the issue to me. They have dropped bronze items, to only have two categories, which to me, would indicate that the new items in this pack would occur less frequently than in previous packs. I can live with that, and I can accept the chance cubes as well, despite the fact they rarely drop anything for me that I do not already have.

The root of the issue for me is that if two items are both "gold" then they should have the same drop rate. The rarity of the item within a classification shouldn't be variable been 5% and .1%, as this feels disingenuous. I don't believe anyone item in a Cartel Pack should be "platinum" as all items within the pack should have a reasonable rate of dropping. This is not a NiM mount drop, I shouldn't be left hoping that maybe the next 12 hypercrates will have the item I want.

2 Hyper crates, not nearly even close to some folks. I got the new packs for new items, 10 boxes opened, 0 new items. I did get a couple cool older things, but that isn't the point. I wanted alliance stuff not things i can already acquire. When i get an item i really like i purchase it account wide immediately. I sub , I occasionally buy crates. but no new items.

I will at this point very seriously consider not purchasing crates any longer, Which is a steady income for the support for SW:TOR. Making folks angry is not the best business solution for longevity.

Anyways just my 2 credits.

I may be getting old, because back in my day, game companies had to make actual games you could play; we'd read some reviews...and maybe give them $40-50 if the game seemed good. Otherwise, maybe we'd give it another look when it hit the $20 bargain bin.

Today we have people spending hundreds of dollars trying to get a single cosmetic item that probably took a day or two for someone to model and/or reskin. If anyone wonders why this game gets no real content anymore, this thread (and others like it) is why. CM whale fishing is basically Bioware shooting fish in a barrel.

Edited by KaiserTNT

It is just a light saber. A light saber with a cool graphic...I can not begin to fathom what cause people to spend $$ or resources on stuff like that. Got my descendants heirloom saber for 350k, and it does the same job the arbiter saber does with the added side effect of keeping my money!

Some people have money to burn. $480 to him might be like a nickel to you.

However a few people are convinced the buying of packs is not "gambling" at all.

I respect everyone's opinion but to me, and seeing the effect of it all in threads like these, make me believe this is in fact a form of gambling.

The problem with this endless debate of gambling, or no gambling ----> context matters.

By legal definition and statute... ie: the real elements of government that actually regulate and control "gambling".... sorry.. the packs are not gambling. If they were, they would be either illegal or taxed and regulated... but they are not. Corporations have legal teams that help them avoid legal entanglements like this.. just like a zillion other things that some people dislike.

By moral definition, yeah.. some people feel it is gambling, and some people do not. That's the problem with moral high ground.. it's granite for one person and sand for someone else. Also, moral perspective has no bearing on legal definitions and statutes.

The real issue here is as old as civilization and is part of human nature. Human nature loves to win and loves to take chances in order to win. Human nature craves things and will do extreme things sometimes for what is craved. Now, Bioware is taking advantage of human nature by carefully placing one or two really desirable, yet really rare, items in Packs to feed this nature within humans. Anyone with a mature level of impulse control can easily overcome this temptation offered. Those who cannot, will constantly complain and try to somehow "renegotiate" the terms of rarity in order to fulfill a failed impulse.

People either accept the odds of /random+loot_drop% OR stop buying packs, or stop complaining. You cannot have it both ways. Nothing in any pack is needed to play the game. Desired fluffy virtual goodies.. yep, for some. If people would be more prudent and critical of their desires and impulses, most of this constant angst and complaining would largely dissipate.

Items will always be available for resale player to player. Why? Because there is always a large float in cartel coins (hundreds of millions actually, at any given time) in the player base from subscriber rewards, etc.... There is absolutely zero need to spend real money (be it large or small quantities) to get pack contents. The natural float of cartel coins in the hands of players will get spent on CM items and some of the acquired items will always be available via direct trade or GTN... even the super rare gold items that are pretty much always inside every pack release.

Edited by Andryah

I may be getting old, because back in my day, game companies had to make actual games you could play; we'd read some reviews...and maybe give them $40-50 if the game seemed good. Otherwise, maybe we'd give it another look when it hit the $20 bargain bin.

Today we have people spending hundreds of dollars trying to get a single cosmetic item that probably took a day or two for someone to model and/or reskin. If anyone wonders why this game gets no real content anymore, this thread (and others like it) is why. CM whale fishing is basically Bioware shooting fish in a barrel.

/every thread related to this subject.

Yeah Rng sucks in this game as it does in archeage, but not as much for crafting though, try regrading and crafting item tiers up with a random loot item and you need a specific one for each craft to upgrade to next tier, and thats like 1/6 possibilites and only get the one you need to upgrade 15% of the time.

This is why more and more games in the industry are moving to this model. What is sad is it is causing them to get completely lazy with design now. I can forgive a cosmetic cash shop, IF the development team was furiously pumping out quality bug free content. I guess our idealism is either a thing of the past, or a pie in the sky dream.

368 crates is a statistically-insignificant sample size. It's literally less than a rounding error when you consider the number of packs being purchased. Your statement is equivalent to saying that a roulette wheel is rigged because your number hasn't come up in the last 20 spins.

It's random. It's not an even distribution. It's not guaranteed. It's not a matter of simply opening enough crates. It's not a matter of how many crates you open. Your odds of getting the item you want are exactly the same every time you open one.

I'm sorry that you flushed tens of thousands fo cartel coins down the tubes, but if you were laboring under the impression that you were guaranteed to the get the item that you wanted then you were fooling yourself.

You're correct though; it is working as intended.

Edited by DWRoelands

This is why more and more games in the industry are moving to this model. What is sad is it is causing them to get completely lazy with design now. I can forgive a cosmetic cash shop, IF the development team was furiously pumping out quality bug free content. I guess our idealism is either a thing of the past, or a pie in the sky dream.

Pass the prune juice.

It's a crappy evolution IMO. I remember when it was mostly just garbage off-brand F2Ps played only by RL rakghouls.

At the time though it seemed obvious that such garbage going mainstream was inevitable. Sure $ has primacy in all but a few niche examples, but it's a shame the result so often ends up just being more bar lowering instead of more reinvesting.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I bought one pack one time from a dude on the fleet for ingame credits to see what it was about and it turned out to be a crate full of crap. I cannot understand why would people spend real money on the crates.

I would readily buy armor and equipement if it was on cm. But a chance to win something i want and small one at that. Nope, and fu

Edited by power-alex

You need to look at your drop rates. You seriously need to review your internal data and make changes as needed.

Unless your goal was to piss a lot of customers off or to screw up the game economy, then mission accomplished! :D

Makes little difference to me at this point if you listen, I have made up my mind and CM is now not a reasonable option. I will buy 'select' items off the GTN of the mood strikes but I do not wish to support the current CM model.

Well you have got to be some kind of an idiot

CM Whale Fishing sums it up perfectly.

"Ah but the whales can afford it and it helps fund the game for everyone else" is the often stated defense.

And the evidence for that is? How much profit is being reinvested? How much actual new game development and bug fixing is going on?

Or is it a skeleton crew doing the bare minimum of content development and bug fixing while they ready the ship for the next whale fishing trip?

Not that I would spend money like the OP on getting this, but the drop rate does appear to be ridiculous compared to the other gold items.

For every other gold item in the pack, there are at least 20 of them on the GTN. For the new dualsaber, there are five and there are zero lightsabers.

Since when has a dualsaber sold for XX millions, EVER, on the GTN. Cheapest is 17 million.

Their goal was to get YOU to open 368 packs...they've succeeded wildly because, despite the drop rates and complaints, you guys have scarfed these things up in droves!!!

If you want this changed, learn self control...because right now, you've made it very easy for them to laugh about just how much people like you are dropping on the packs. Keep buying them, expect more of the same...speak with your wallet, not your whine.

Yeap -- the only way this changes is if enough people stop playing Cartel Market RNG roulette.

we are both old....bear traps....bear traps keep them off the lawn.

but i still feel bad for the guy...thats a lot of $$

Edited by Qouivandes

Well you have got to be some kind of an idiot

Awesome constructive feedback.

Would you prefer no one talks about the issue? The point is they need a communicate better about the drop rates. if an advertised item is made from unobtainium, then they need to say so. I spent the money I was comfortable spending. I spent, I rolled and it did not pan out, that is all fine and good.... The core issue is if you are going to set a drop rate that is not in line with the rest of the pack, it is only common courteously to let you customers know this, either through a statement or better yet a new category, Platinum, etc.

Anecdotally speaking, I'd say the drop rate of the Unstable Arbiter Saber is fine, and that chance cubes aren't so bad... I got one hypercrate and got the saber - and it was in a chance cube. So based on my evidence I'd imagine the drop rate of the saber is about one per hypercrate for sure.

Anecdotally speaking, I'd say the drop rate of the Unstable Arbiter Saber is fine, and that chance cubes aren't so bad... I got one hypercrate and got the saber - and it was in a chance cube. So based on my evidence I'd imagine the drop rate of the saber is about one per hypercrate for sure.

Lolz... I think the cartel market tells another story :p

This is how Star Wars made his fortune... kids wishes :D

Not hating, dont get me wrong OP, i'm fully capable to do the same, in fact i'm kinda a bjg spender in such things... that's why i just trashed my credit card :D

Have that said, you better stop playing lottery, 'cause RNGesus can be nasty. Just go farm like there is no tomorrow and buy from GTN, you'll save up cash and actually play the game looking forward to a goal.