Game wont launch after 4.1a patch

Weezuz

Twice in 3 days I am paying for a day I cannot play. Great business model. I will note that on the 5th you had absolutely no issue charging my cc for a subscription fee. I will note that there has not been a single month since opening day that you have failed to charge my cc for a subscription fee without fail on the appointed day. Yet you fail over and over to provide login services, connection stability and then fail to fix them in a timely fashion. Do you fail to put out cartel market stuff? When is the last time the cartel market was down for HOURS other than when people couldn't get into the game. I will note that even in those cases people can still purchase coins on the website so you make your money either way. Great priorities.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was having the same problem where after downloading the patch and clicking play the launcher would go away and nothing else would happen. I went and deleted the BitRaider folder then restarted my launcher. Thankfully, that seemed to do the trick and my game is now playing.

Nope... Still won't start the game after patch when hitting the PLAY button... Tried renaming and also deleting the bitraider folder as recommended... no joy... Bioware- fix your crap.:mad:

edit: on fourth attempt to login it finally worked... Had to keep restarting the launcher and entering info/security key (annoying)...

Edited by CaveBeast
update:

Same exact problem and, of course, they aren't addressing this problem at all...

Same here. I deleted the Bitraider folder and still just closes out when I press play.

Edit: Deleted the swtor.exe file and after first log in attempt I got the "There's problems w/ login servers" message. I attempted to login again and reached the "hit play" part. On this attempt the game actually loaded. I don't doubt what others have said about doing the same and it not working so I am inclined to side w/ the "just keep hammering" approach while doing the suggested actions.

Edited by GoneGalt

Nope... Still won't start the game after patch when hitting the PLAY button... Tried renaming and also deleting the bitraider folder as recommended... no joy... Bioware- fix your crap.:mad:

I tried this as well and deleted it out of my recycle bin too and I'm still get "network error while downloading patch data. 310" Been trying almost every 5 minutes for 6 hours now.

SUCCESS!

I deleted the swtor.exe file, it repatched really fast and I'm in no problem

program files x86 ... electronic arts...bioware...StaR Wars the Old Replic ... swtor...retail client...swtor.exe

This also worked for me... thanks for the fix!

SUCCESS!

I deleted the swtor.exe file, it repatched really fast and I'm in no problem

program files x86 ... electronic arts...bioware...StaR Wars the Old Replic ... swtor...retail client...swtor.exe

Any of you tried this? Bear in mind, you may not be able to log in with any characters and the game may crash to desktop. Keep restarting swtor if that happens.

Companies like you are why a half wit like Bernie Sanders gets any traction, btw.

:rolleyes:

Save your wingnut garbage for political forums, thx.

On topic: Deleting the swtor.exe file worked for me.

Edited by -kobie-

Just going to add my voice here, but I too cannot get the game to launch after the new patch for the patch has installed; I've deleted the exe file, but still no luck.

And just realised it's been over an hour since I started this! Yay...

At least Cryptic fix their games when they break...