Game wont launch after 4.1a patch

Weezuz

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also was in game.....played for 2 hrs. Took a break....came back and can't get in. Keeps saying there was an error loading the patch. The patch was already loaded and working ......so.....something else broke?

What I think happens is that for anyone that wants to patch and play immediately, we encounter all the bugs that seems to now be the norm. If we wait a while, some mysterious force behind the scenes fixes something, without communicating with the player base, and miracle of miracles...it works! I guess the trick to successfully patching is to just wait.

Hi guys,

I did this twice and the game loaded after the launcher for me.

I'm not going to say it was this but after trying to launch the game 9-12 times the game launched everytime I failed the security key code and re-entered.

Of course if this works it's only for the ones that have a security key attached to the account.

At the moment I have the game running and not taking a chance to close it and try again.

Just give it a try guys... It worked for me twice. Hope it worked for you too :)

THIS WORKS

Delete swtor.exe and restart.

Program files x86 .. electronic arts...bioware...Star Wars The Old Republic...swtor ... retail client .. swtor.exe

this does not work, just tried, installed a new exe, did nothing, ive done bitraider file, admin, deleting exe, nothing works.....

I've so far tried:

1. Restarting the launcher about 60-70 times and going through the login process.

2. Restarting my computer

3. Deleting BitRaider, having it reinstall and reverify the files

4. Deleting SWTOR.EXE, having it reinstall and reverify the files

Nothing has worked. I give up.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Similar to Tuesday, we are running into an issue involving network connectivity and we are working to address the issue as soon as possible. If you try to patch or login and have an issue, please wait 5-10 minutes and then try again. We will pass on any updates as we have them.

Thank you for your patience.

-eric

Hey folks,

Similar to Tuesday, we are running into an issue involving network connectivity and we are working to address the issue as soon as possible. If you try to patch or login and have an issue, please wait 5-10 minutes and then try again. We will pass on any updates as we have them.

Thank you for your patience.

-eric

Thank you Eric, gives me hope now

Okay so I FINALLY just got back in. I don't think that this actually did anything but here goes.

I deleted the Launcher shortcut off of my desktop. Went back to the game files, created a shortcut to the launcher that was there instead, placed that on my desktop.

I have a security key. I intentionally failed to enter it in correctly, so I was presented with the "Please re-enter your security key" screen. Entered it in correctly that time.

Boom. Got in.

Again, none of this makes sense as to WHY that would work. Just sharing what I did. This was after I tried EVERYTHING else on this thread. About twenty times.

Same thing, launcher closes after hitting play. (Before d/ling the patch I got the Unspecified error but restarting the launcher fixed that)

1. Tried deleting Bitraider folder, no go.

2. I don't seem to have a client_settings.ini file anywhere.

3. Tried deleting swtor.exe -> got unspecified error again, restarted the launcher, this time got "unable to retrieve patch data, please check network connection", restarted again, got to the point where I can press play... launcher closes, nothing happens. I checked the install folder afterwards and the launcher apparently hadn't re-created the .exe file either.

Now I just got unspecified error again. Starting to regret signing up for that security key (and yeah, I even tried failing to input it but it didn't work either).

Meanwhile, flatmate has been happily playing in the next room. :mad:

The team that "works" on this game is really quite clever. If all of the QA and developing happen on patch days and a few days after, then what is that? Like 3 days work for a month's pay? Pretty sweet deal, assuming they are actually paid in real money and not cartel coins or food maybe.

Same thing, launcher closes after hitting play. (Before d/ling the patch I got the Unspecified error but restarting the launcher fixed that)

1. Tried deleting Bitraider folder, no go.

2. I don't seem to have a client_settings.ini file anywhere.

3. Tried deleting swtor.exe -> got unspecified error again, restarted the launcher, this time got "unable to retrieve patch data, please check network connection", restarted again, got to the point where I can press play... launcher closes, nothing happens. I checked the install folder afterwards and the launcher apparently hadn't re-created the .exe file either.

Now I just got unspecified error again. Starting to regret signing up for that security key (and yeah, I even tried failing to input it but it didn't work either).

Meanwhile, flatmate has been happily playing in the next room. :mad:

Ask your flatmate to copy the SWTOR folder from his comp and replace your files with his.

:rak_03::rak_04::rak_03:

I did stepps 1 2 and 4, NOTHING, then "cut" paste ( not delete ) step 3, and after the 3rd ( or 10th ) lounch of the louncher its re-patching ...

Ive rebooted my pc only once, in the past 60-70min ( non stop trying to get in ) so ... maybe this time :)

And it re-patched aaand ZIT , NULL NADA ... pushed "play" and here I am , crying my heart out like U Guys ;(

I've so far tried:

1. Restarting the launcher about 60-70 times and going through the login process.

2. Restarting my computer

3. Deleting BitRaider, having it reinstall and reverify the files

4. Deleting SWTOR.EXE, having it reinstall and reverify the files

Nothing has worked. I give up.

hi guys,

i did this twice and the game loaded after the launcher for me.

I'm not going to say it was this but after trying to launch the game 9-12 times the game launched everytime i failed the security key code and re-entered.

Of course if this works it's only for the ones that have a security key attached to the account.

At the moment i have the game running and not taking a chance to close it and try again.

Just give it a try guys... It worked for me twice. Hope it worked for you too :)

confirmation! It works

Game CTD after hitting play? +This worked for me.

Look for ST in the bottom left of the launcher.

If it is there close the launcher, right click on your game shortcut and open file location.

In that window delete the Bitraider folder.

relaunch the game and let it re-verify.

Game should launch after that, or it did for me anyway.