Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

The real victims are the developers who are now set under tremendous amount of stress and that all just managers decided to not properly use test servers because money.

Its also unaccaptable they ALLWAYS use the same patchtime for the REST OF THE WORLD as they do in their precious US. It really seems to me that those selfish US dudes dont realize that patchtime in Europe is allways primetime. Couldnt care more if patch takes 12 hours if its while im at work. But 20:00 in the evening for a patch? no.

Remember when in november we had the same issue? and theres been nothing done. Im left stunned that this games management doesnt learn from such stupid mistakes and loses a whole lot of customers because its managed so poorly. un****ingbelievable. And in the end developers are blamed. whaaaat.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can download the patch. I did, it's just the servers aren't operational. Also I on the east coast of the US sympathize with you guys in Europe. Our play time has been stolen by Darth Incompetence. May the force be with us all. Edited by deltacaboose

Correction: No they don't. Unless you mean our sympathy, then yes they do.

Statement: According to your logic, when something goes wrong at your job/your mess up your school work (whichever applies), people should be hateful, rude, and very unpleasant to you.

This is exactly what I keep thinking. How would these people feel if they were in Eric's shoes? Also, I haven't gone back to read them mind you but I'm pretty sure the ToS cover this and they don't owe us anything. They were just trying to be nice with the giveaways. Thanks Eric!

By now, it will take more than 30 min to bring the servers online. The new patch isn't even avaiable for download...

i managed to download it all before this issue cropped up, took a little over 4 hours for it to complete.

the aim today was to get a rank complete on naval action, then download the latest patch and then do some lego racers (oh the nostalgia of decade and a bit ago!) and then play some swtor, get past chapter ten on a few toons and then get on star trek online for the daily for the event, then back ot naval action.

as it is, most of the day has been waiting on swtor.. :p

Having had a part-time job at the support desk of a telephone provider, I can definitely sympathize with Eric. Not blaming him for this whole mess in any way. But I do hope he doesn't go around throwing codes in the open again... It crashes everything, leaves a lot of people unsatisfied and is generally messy.

Agree and thank you. I know i can often get a little angry on the phone when something doesn't go right. I try to apologies at the end of said conversation but that does not always work out

I'm hungry and kinda have to go potty, but since Eric hasn't said anything about the game being over I'm still here waiting and hopeful that the shenanigans continue.

Make sure you logout and back in on your account occasionally so you don't get smashed by the "timeout" when the codes pop!

• Dev Post
Hello Eric? You still there? Can we expect more codes to be posted? I suppose it will be too late for me but anyway...

Yessir, more codes are a comin'. Since you asked, I am going to just PM you a code so you can go to sleep!

Next question, what two heroes are locked in combat on the front cover of the SWTOR Encyclopedia. First 3 correct answers get some codes!

-eric

with respect to all frustrated players such as myself moaning groaning and shouting at them isnt going to make a difference its great that Eric and the forum Team have at least tried to lessen the frustration ok not the best way of going about it but at least they tried. If we could all be granted say 2-5000 CC when the servers go back up and a free day of sub to ALL subs it would be fair.

Eric thank you for trying to keep us amused just a shame so many people over react. Ive worked with servers i know the issues they can have and im sure your colleagues are working as hard as they can

you won't be missed

At least not by you, but somebody will miss him. I'm sure several people will miss him - that is, if they don't quit as well because of this fiasco.

The point is, we're customers. I don't buy into "The customer is always right," but I do stand by that you do whatever it takes to take care of your customers - especially when return business is quintessential to the survival of the business.

Yessir, more codes are a comin'. Since you asked, I am going to just PM you a code so you can go to sleep!

Next question, what two heroes are locked in combat on the front cover of the SWTOR Encyclopedia. First 3 correct answers get some codes!

-eric

Darth Malgus and Satele Shan.