Drop rate of manaan research data/recovered relics in 4.0?

MiguelGx

I recently two-manned tactical modes Forged Alliances flashpoints with a friend of mine and I didn't see any manaan research data/recovered relics drop. Manaan research data used to drop a lot in that FP in 3.0, so did they remove them as drops in tactical modes?

And did they further reduce the drop rate of the recovered relics as well, because I didn't see one of them drop (but it's to be expected since they rarely dropped to begin with).

Edited by MiguelGx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Honestly... What is the point of even including those vendors if we can't get the currency from drops.

The only way I see is to create characters and trudge through the story over and over and over and over.

Making replaying the game a chore.

If that ^ was the goal at HQ; well done, I applaud you.

It's like 20 characters created to "earn" one armor set.

These vendors are going to become as useless as the vendors on the home planets of each faction and the legacy creation kits.

It's all just FANTASTIC!

Edited by sllion

Loot tables are superbroken , so data and relics should only drop at lvl 55 or maybe not at all, those flashpoint were introduced when max level was 55 and they were introduced in the latter stages of that cycle, if you are lvl 56 you will not get rewards from the lower loot tables only from the 56-60 table, if they are obtainable at all (as loot) they would only drop if you are level 55.

I agree that the drop rate of those relics/data need to be significantly increased.

I wish the datacrons would start dropping from Heroics again, too.

They just need to reverse some of the 4.0 loot table changes. There wasn't any need to heavily nerf decorations / mounts / relics etc from flashpoints. We knew that credit drops were being nerfed, which is fine and it was obvious why, but the rest was stealth nerfed without any mention in patch notes or 4.0 change blogs iirc.

Pretty much defeats running that content if you're looking for specific rewards.

Before level sync I ran that place forever, over and over again, just to get my gal the submersible. Even getting 2 guarenteed a run (with the 3rd one being a random drop) that was hell. Running it more than that for ANY of those things is rediculous.

Not that this is a solution to the drop rate (which I agree seems ridiculously low)... but I've gathered a healthy stack just by running alts... many, many, many alts... through the storyline.

I believe 1 or more are provided as reward items and/or guaranteed drops during the solo run while you go through the story line.

Just an alternative method - not for everyone though!

Cheers,

J

Ya some loot needs to be revised for FP's and update the loot for Kanon under Siege and lost island because normal mode drops black hole gear still XD
Oooooooooh...does it still give out loot per character in those FPs, or do you still have to roll for it? Because some of that old Black Hole gear looked great (especially the Trooper set)!

• 2 weeks later...
Oooooooooh...does it still give out loot per character in those FPs, or do you still have to roll for it? Because some of that old Black Hole gear looked great (especially the Trooper set)!

Normal mode Kaon and Lost Island are level 50 without level sync, so at 60+ you can easily solo them. Most trash mobs will happily ignore you, and when fighting bosses, you can take your time to move out of bad stuff on the floor.

Only fair that they drop level 50 gear for a level 50 challenge.

Edited by Mubrak

Normal mode Kaon and Lost Island are level 50 without level sync, so at 60+ you can easily solo them. Most trash mobs will happily ignore you, and when fighting bosses, you can take your time to move out of bad stuff on the floor.

Wait, there are TPFs that aren't level synced to 65??? I know Black Talon and Esseles level sync to 10 which makes them stupidly easy (at almost any level really) but I didn't realise there were others you can still do solo.

Wait, there are TPFs that aren't level synced to 65??? I know Black Talon and Esseles level sync to 10 which makes them stupidly easy (at almost any level really) but I didn't realise there were others you can still do solo.

Only Kaon under Siege and Lost Island in story mode. (The same old level 50 FPs, nothing changed there.)

Colicoid war games also isn't level synced. With 25 levels difference, the turret-hordes with their dots now can be soloed while actually using a turret (you still take damage, but a healer companion will easily keep you alive).

Soloing the force-field puzzle still needs help from the droid's knockback, though, and there are no rewards, the chests can't be used and the boss drops nothing. Strange that this FP still has a messenger droid.

Edited by Mubrak

I don't think Kaon and Lost Island are converted at all - I don't recall seeing Kolto tanks

Not that this is a solution to the drop rate (which I agree seems ridiculously low)... but I've gathered a healthy stack just by running alts... many, many, many alts... through the storyline.

I believe 1 or more are provided as reward items and/or guaranteed drops during the solo run while you go through the story line.

Just an alternative method - not for everyone though!

Cheers,

J

Yeah, Clearly there are less dropping overall for a given server. You can see that just from the market pricing for them on the GTNs. But the exact reasons are not clear in my view.

I'm not sure if drop rates are actually toned down on these, or it's just that most players no longer play through the content that drops them.

If I recall correctly, I would end up with a small stack at the end of an alt run through. Last time I ran an alt, which was a couple months ago.. it seemed like I got ~ the same drop results at the end as I had in prior runs in the past... +/- 1. Then again, I always run these at level appropriate ranges with my alts.

There is one difference though, since 4.0, in terms of game mechanics ... higher level cap now days. It could be that these drops only fall if you are within 5 levels of the encounter, and no level sync is being applied. Level sync has made it more difficult to just go out and farm specific drops from non-capped level encounters then the old days.

Edited by Andryah

but alas, there is level sync. Not only that, but I urge you to try to solo that one savrip who jumps up on the pipes. Good luck getting him back down. :/

Been there, done that. used a flyby. had 2/3 chance he'd come down. Killed my companion. Enraged. Nearly killed me. But I did survive. Easy. Hah. Mechanics work against you on that one.

but alas, there is level sync. Not only that, but I urge you to try to solo that one savrip who jumps up on the pipes. Good luck getting him back down. :/.

No, you're still 65, they are 50. And yes, I just did it two weeks ago with my DvL char I intend to keep.

Been there, done that. used a flyby. had 2/3 chance he'd come down.

You didn't use the clickies on the pipes? In SM you can finish the channel before he jumps to the next one. The second time he jumped on the pipes, I didn't even bother with my DvL slinger, and just shot him.

The final boss was interesting, though. Guss stood in a poison puddle and at 50 stacks his hitpoints started to drop rapidly. Got him out in time, but still bad form, considering that back in 2.x I soloed Lost Island in SM multiple times with my level 55 operative (to farm the decoration) and was quite adept at companion handling.

Edited by Mubrak

but alas, there is level sync. Not only that, but I urge you to try to solo that one savrip who jumps up on the pipes. Good luck getting him back down. :/

Been there, done that. used a flyby. had 2/3 chance he'd come down. Killed my companion. Enraged. Nearly killed me. But I did survive. Easy. Hah. Mechanics work against you on that one.

As Mubrak said, I can confirm there is no level sync in SM. I did it yesterday and the whole FP was a walk in the park even though I purposely aggro'd enemies that were ignoring me. I had the same problem with the final boss and my comp standing in the goo so I had to set him on passive a couple of times to get him out but apart from that it was easy.

Only Kaon under Siege and Lost Island in story mode. (The same old level 50 FPs, nothing changed there.)

Colicoid war games also isn't level synced. With 25 levels difference, the turret-hordes with their dots now can be soloed while actually using a turret (you still take damage, but a healer companion will easily keep you alive).

Soloing the force-field puzzle still needs help from the droid's knockback, though, and there are no rewards, the chests can't be used and the boss drops nothing. Strange that this FP still has a messenger droid.

Is this still a problem if you're at the correct level, or only if you're over-leveled?