Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

Some Horrible Independent of you Things happen. :)

Guys, do you know what I hate the most of all in this thread? Smart a*** who are spaming maintenance thread with their referal links.

They probably have nothing better to do. And to be honest, it is kinda getting annoying & old.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, so you don't think that paying customers should be treated equally? You think that, as this is a US based game, that justifies not taking the internet into account...yes, you remember the internet, that web based thing that straddles the world? An interesting business model, and one which leads me to believe that you're completely clueless.

I don't usually post on the forums but...

Now, what I'm wondering about is that, if they didn't post an actual time window for when the servers would be down and up. If they would of just said "We will be starting maint. at 9AM and we will update when the servers are back online and ready." would people be still crying and getting mad? That way these players would not have something to compare to and trip about people are so demanding, FYI yes I'm a sub and been playing SWTOR since closed beta. I also love the fact how some people say: "Fix that f**** one line of code or do a roll back and start the servers." etc. etc. I dare belive most of you have no damn clue how complex a game is, how adding or changing a lot of new things to it can affect everything. It isn't about 1 line of code, trust me if it was, the people that work there would have fixed it minutes after the first time they tried to boot the servers up. Sometimes things just conflict, and findig what is the cause and fixing it may take a hell of alot more then 1 line of code. A single and simple quest could be easily 80-100 lines of code.

People need to calm their **** down.

Agreed. Too many moving parts to just "fix" it. Nothing is that simple and too many tests that need to be run before put into production.

Be honest, how many of you let out a little girly happy laugh of joy as you read this?

Hooray for progress!

*insert my grumpy-cat face* NO!

on a more amusing facet, it's mainly because my day of TOR is basically ruined. Looked forward to playing it for 5 - 6 hours today and I get..... none.

It is rather upsetting, I did not take off work or anything. Today is the first day I got off of work early, by 4 hours even. After 2 weeks of working late I was hoping to relax trying the new content. now because someone else missed a major issues, it ruined my little extra time I don't get to play this. If I did this at my job people die, its not as serious but its about that quality service people look for. If you put out a product you should test it, retest it than have someone else check it to make sure it works. Step it up or people will stop playing again and go back to wow or ESO. Don't let avoidable mistakes become avoided.

Hey folks!

I have some updated information. We have a possible fix which we are now moving to test fully on the live servers. Best case scenario, the servers are live within an hour! That means that the next time you hear from me will be an update on the current status of the fix, or that the servers are live.

-eric

Normally I wouldn't suggest a CC grant or extra game time. But since some of us were only subbed on February 1st to get early access and now we've lost 6 hours of early access, is there some sort of thing you can do other than just a copy/paste race? Sure 2400 CC is very generous, but there are thousands of us and only a couple of codes. Maybe giving everyone who was part of early access an extra day on their subscription?

Is the login service unavailable for everyone at this point, or just me?

I broke the launcher trying to fix "Network Error While Downloading Patch Data. Retrying (301)", and I'm unsure whether my launcher is fine after the repair...

The most hilarious irony is, he will get forum banned for his defense of BW...That is what happens when you attack people. Heck I got a 3 day ban b4 for calling someone a twit lol. Hope he enjoys his days off the forum, and I wonder if he will be singing them praises then.

Darn I might get banned from the forums I've only ever posted on today. God...what a terrible thing that would be