Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious but how can all the external providers be giving external network issues? They would be a few different ISP's in different locations/countries right?

The common denominator between them all is patch 4.1 so whilst it might be network issues or connectivity issues it's strange that it's implied that the providers are the cause of the issue when this seems an unlikely coincident.

Curious but how can all the external providers be giving external network issues? They would be a few different ISP's in different locations/countries right?

The common denominator between them all is patch 4.1 so whilst it might be network issues or connectivity issues it's strange that it's implied that the providers are the cause of the issue when this seems an unlikely coincident.

true, unless all the exteernal providers depend on a single server that is down or something

Probably this has been said already but if not:

European players too often see one evening of game-play vanish, or if lucky just reduced to 50% or so. Though I like new contents I do not feel comfortable loosing one day of my subscription fee every now and then while western US players hardly loose anything and eastern US maybe some peanuts' worth of fees.

And they advertised that subscribers (by 1st Feb?) get 2 days early access. In fact when they aren't finished in about 2-3 hours I and most of the working people in Europe only get one day early access. Just something that should be thinked about for the future if this bonus shall attract someone to subscribe.

b) why are so many of the Agent's companions key figures out of curiosity? There are also some very interesting companions from other classes for main roles as well as other characters from class stories that could feature as main character followers - not just old companions, and including new ones.

Maybe because most of them are unaffiliated/neutral to any specific faction so it would make sense that they'd be picked up? That's the only thing I can think of.

Downside is that BECAUSE there was such an overload of Agent companions returning, the last two (Temple and Vector) probably won't be returning for a VERY long time in the name of fairness for all the other classes. And, for me, that really sucks because the ONLY companion I liked was Vector (With Doctor Lokin being a VEERRRYY far second). :(

That's cause they are not finished with the update yet.

This is nonsense. We have always been able to patch the game before the server updates went live. If you logged onto the game's client right after the servers all went down for maintenance, the patch installation begins. Now, sometimes additional updates get included in the maintenance window, so sometimes a minor update is added later on before the close of the window. But we've ALWAYS been able to get the patch done client side before the servers came back online.

I've been playing this game since launch, and I can't recall a single time where this wasn't the case.

OK, I see what the problem is....

Gather up all those hamsters and put them into the wheel that powers the server, and don't forget to chain up the cat when you put it in the box to make those hamsters run for their lives.

If you forget to chain up the cat it will eat the hamsters and you will not only need to get new hamsters you need to get a none fat cat. :D

I'm not saying this is the current case but the closer your data gets to its destination the less variance you see in network pathing. Its like road traffic in that sense; a bridge washing out 10min outside a major city has a greater impact than one 2 hours away.

I remember from playing WoW in Canada that an outage or disruption in an AT&T datacentre in Chicago I think it was could knock out access for the whole country.

I don't know if that's the case here but I do know that a quick reset of the client helped my problem but apparently not others.

I've been playing this game since launch, and I can't recall a single time where this wasn't the case.

Well, I've been a subscriber for a week. And I can't figure out half of what you just said.

So you're probably right =)

Still: technical problems, no gaming, details seem unneccecary.