Conquest Broken Again: 2nd Feb 2016

UlaVii

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet most of you will remain subbed, despite this ~*totally devastating and game-ruining*~ experience. And as we found out, subscriptions are up now, highest they have been in 3 years.

Fair to be disappointed? Yes. Saying that the game is failing because you can't do Conquests this week? Don't think so.

Additionally, do you guys think that hotfixes can materialize out of thin air?

Edited by RinjiRenee

It's like you guys don't even play or test your own product...how the hell was this not noticed ahead of time by your QA team?

Indeed.. One of the Mind Boggling things and not TO Apply Hotfix like has happened So often In Mmo Genre's history for over Decade now.. :/ Wish you safe & prosperous 2016.

-Long time Subber & Mmo Gamer who might unsub after this expected result. Then come b when new content being added. -

Indeed.. One of the Mind Boggling things and not TO Apply Hotfix like has happened So often In Mmo Genre's history for over Decade now.. :/ Wish you safe & prosperous 2016.

-Long time Subber & Mmo Gamer who might unsub after this expected result. Then come b when new content being added. -

Stop repeating this and put it in sig. You wont unsub anyway. Nothing stops you from doing it right now.

As for the yellow post... QA doesnt seem to exist. *sigh*

Break cartel market for once. Please. PLEASE!!!

And yet most of you will remain subbed, despite this ~*totally devastating and game-ruining*~ experience. And as we found out, subscriptions are up now, highest they have been in 3 years.

Fair to be disappointed? Yes. Saying that the game is failing because you can't do Conquests this week? Don't think so.

Not quite true...prior to KOTFE launching they were at their highest level in 3 years - since KOTFE took 5-6 hours only, I doubt that's still the case.

And it's not one little broken conquest upsetting people, it's the pattern of failure that has developed that is.

I don't think they can come out of thin air. But when a portion of the game has had this type of issue multiple times I would think they'd at least know the root cause by now. The last major Conquest downtime I received close to 3 months worth of rewards. This last time just last month I received 2 weeks worth of rewards and the titles which did not count towards the Galactic Conqueror achievement even.

It would be nice for them to get a solid fix on Conquest. Sadly being the only form of guild vs guild game play and achievements they can't just get rid of it. It would be nice if they could as it is obviously too much of a headache to keep up with. We have to wait a year between Yavin and Rishi the newest planet isn't even included. The rewards in the form of crafting nodes haven't even been updated to add the prior to last sets of nodes.

I don't know what the hell they are doing but with every bug they fix, they create 2 new ones.

This is getting ridiculous and to be honest, it is getting sad. It really seems to me that half of the dev team, have no idea wth they are doing.

Step up the game guys. Otherwise it's going to be over very, VERY soon.

...do you guys think that hotfixes can materialize out of thin air?

Well... no. But on Vanjervalis Chain we had issues with planetary conquests for month'. Last week most of the achievements didn't count towards the reward goal. Many bug reports where written. So they knew about the problems for a long while now and they didn't fix a thing.

Well... no. But on Vanjervalis Chain we had issues with planetary conquests for month'. Last week most of the achievements didn't count towards the reward goal. Many bug reports where written. So they knew about the problems for a long while now and they didn't fix a thing.

They fix problems, other problems arise. It's a curse in programming. The fact that you were getting rewards and conquest was working means that something involving this week's event was negatively affected in the last patching they did, that didn't uncover until this particular conquest event loaded.

Hey everyone,

The team has finished looking into what has caused this week’s Conquest to not start properly. Unfortunately, the issue is a bit more complex than we have experienced in the past with Conquests. Due to this, we will be implementing a fix for this with Game Update 4.1 next Tuesday. This means that there will not be a Conquest this week, as we work to address the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Tait

Thanks for the update Tait I appreciate it. I really do hope they fix it for 4.1 because it has been broken many times before as well and also any update on when you will post the new patch notes? Thanks again.:)

Will we at least get the conquest rewards for last week?

Two weeks ago, I got the reward on one out of three characters. This week, on none of my characters. So out of the last 6 rewards I should have gotten, I got exactly one. That's a pretty crappy average.

Ciao, Aronis!

PS: I'm on Vanjervalis Chain, the server that had a very broken conquest event last week. Most people got neither their rewards for the week before that, nor were they able to collect conquest points normally.

Will we at least get the conquest rewards for last week?

Two weeks ago, I got the reward on one out of three characters. This week, on none of my characters. So out of the last 6 rewards I should have gotten, I got exactly one. That's a pretty crappy average.

Ciao, Aronis!

PS: I'm on Vanjervalis Chain, the server that had a very broken conquest event last week. Most people got neither their rewards for the week before that, nor were they able to collect conquest points normally.

This time it's different...this time it's "more complex"...

I am not a programmer, but I do work in IT. I'm currently banging my head on a problem that I've been told the "root cause" of at least 3 separate times, and the damn thing still isn't working. Root causes that were verified in labs, even, and the underlying system is intended for use in a 5-nines-reliable environment. So, yeah, fixing bugs isn't like dusting crops. Sometimes fixing one bug only exposes a newer nastier bug.

I'm even a tad surprised they promised a fix with 4.1, to be honest. That seems a tad previous.

/unsub

your incompetence these months doesn't worth money, and respect.

bioware, enough is enough, just resign and let efficient devs create a good mmorpg, respecting the lore and the spirit of star wars.

Edited by Thaladan

For those of us that actually care about Conquest: Will you repeat this week's conquest to make up for it, or skip it in the rotation next week?

Some of us wanna do all of them, and there's a 3 month cycle.

For this event? It was just available in last month's event. This one seems to repeat more than others, so I doubt that's a huge issue.

At least the cell companies give you a credit when you loose cell time has SWTOR Hell NO!! will the4y HELL NO. Do they care Hell No!! you think they would have posted something on here the main site, or their Twitter page but NOPE. They can't even give us their normal **** you very much we will look into it. "Build it and they will come....break it and don't fix it .. and they will leave" BTW yes I believe people will leave over this because its just another notch in the frustration level, besides its new release time for new games so they will have something else to do. Maybe SWTOR get the msg if subs hit the floor...doubt it though they made their money, hooked us and don't care what becomes of us

Hey everyone,

The team has finished looking into what has caused this week’s Conquest to not start properly. Unfortunately, the issue is a bit more complex than we have experienced in the past with Conquests. Due to this, we will be implementing a fix for this with Game Update 4.1 next Tuesday. This means that there will not be a Conquest this week, as we work to address the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Tait

Why does it seem like I've heard this exact line before.. :confused: