Collector Edition Vendor Access via Cartel?

TheUnderking

Same, beta player and CE myself as well.

They did sell just the codes a while back, but when they ran out- they ran out. Giving access to the CE vendor isn't going to keep anyone on the fence from leaving. But complaining about something not being fair just bothers me.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

won't happens any time soon im sub since early access and not planning to stop playing game and yes im CE holder

That part about 300 gear was a joke. It's good that you still play. Not sure if most CE holders are still playing though. Given the turnover for most MMOs I doubt it.

Point is nobody is saying "fair" or "unfair" except Mr Straw man over there. I'd even be open to buying the CE box set... I just don't want to get scammed, a lot of the CE sets for sale appear used and don't even mention if the code is still in the box or if it's not yet activated. And it's just way overpriced now for what I want, which is just the code for access to that one vendor. Wish there was a more efficient way to buy it, seeing as I don't collect statues or booklets or any of the other stuff. Already earned my VIP wristband the hard way, so don't need that either.

If I can find a price under $150 from a reputable source I may buy it. Just tired of the shady seller listings on ebay. I've been a player for a long time, just not early access or back when the CE was cheap and readily available. Yeah I wish I had bought it back then. Oh well. Not the worst thing, but I don't think offering at least a few of the CE items (or at least similar items) for purchase after 5 years of player turnover is asking too much. MMOs have died in less time than that.

Edited by Therapsida

May sound iffy, but it's true. The support person I was talking to about it even told me that the person who merged my EA accounts/games into Origin should have told me it would have deleted my SWTOR account. But he didn't. I just have to live with it.

That's odd, because I have the CE and I merged my accounts and have not lost my CE perks.

That part about 300 gear was a joke. It's good that you still play. Not sure if most CE holders are still playing though. Given the turnover for most MMOs I doubt it.

Point is nobody is saying "fair" or "unfair" except Mr Straw man over there. I'd even be open to buying the CE box set... I just don't want to get scammed, a lot of the CE sets for sale appear used and don't even mention if the code is still in the box or if it's not yet activated. And it's just way overpriced now for what I want, which is just the code for access to that one vendor. Wish there was a more efficient way to buy it, seeing as I don't collect statues or booklets or any of the other stuff. Already earned my VIP wristband the hard way, so don't need that either.

If I can find a price under $150 from a reputable source I may buy it. Just tired of the shady seller listings on ebay. I've been a player for a long time, just not early access or back when the CE was cheap and readily available. Yeah I wish I had bought it back then. Oh well. Not the worst thing, but I don't think offering at least a few of the CE items (or at least similar items) for purchase after 5 years of player turnover is asking too much. MMOs have died in less time than that.

There was no "code for the vendor". There was only ONE code, the code for the game. That one code, though, flags the account as being a CE and grants access to the CE vendor.

You can still find unopened copies of the CE, although maybe not for less than $150. If you want access to that "one obscure vendor" you might have to pay more than $150. You may have to ask yourself how much you want access to that "one obscure vendor"?

You can still find unopened copies of the CE, although maybe not for less than $150. If you want access to that "one obscure vendor" you might have to pay more than $150. You may have to ask yourself how much you want access to that "one obscure vendor"?

Good point. I don't think it's worth that much, for the few items you get, but mainly because of the risk of scams. So far the only ones on ebay I can see that are supposedly unopened are all over $200. One is selling on a different site for over $700 which is insane. But someone could have opened them, used the code, and re-shrinkwrapped them as "new". Most don't say whether the code is still good or not. How much did you pay for it?

Good point. I don't think it's worth that much, for the few items you get, but mainly because of the risk of scams. So far the only ones on ebay I can see that are supposedly unopened are all over $200. One is selling on a different site for over $700 which is insane. But someone could have opened them, used the code, and re-shrinkwrapped them as "new". Most don't say whether the code is still good or not. How much did you pay for it?

If the box says new, then it should not be open. The shrink wrap should not be torn off. Otherwise, there is no way to verify that the box has not been open. You should communicate with the seller that box must be in it's original shrink wrap.

I originally bought two collector edition boxes, but decided to return one of the CE copies. Instead, I bought a standard edition copy for my secondary account. That account, I never use. I was planning to dual box, but decided against it due to technical difficulties. That second account is inactive. Had I used a CE on that account, it's save to say it would have been a waste of money. I did think about keeping the second copy, but decided it would be a lot hassle to sell it in the future if I did sell it. That is why I return it. Otherwise, I would probably have an unwrap and new CE.

I have only open my CE box once. I think the statute is still in it's wrap. Actually, I forgot about the statue until I read this thread. The CE came with a book with concept art if I remember right. I would have preferred a Satele statue instead of Malgus.

Edited by Knockerz

This would be a terrible idea. No one would ever bother to buy any sort of time-limited perk again if they knew they could just get it later for CC.

You snooze, you lose.

They did this with Battlefront.

They said you'd get Han Solo's blaster with the deluxe edition, and later in the game when you're high enough level you can buy it for credits anyway.

They did this with Battlefront.

They said you'd get Han Solo's blaster with the deluxe edition, and later in the game when you're high enough level you can buy it for credits anyway.

Sorry to say matey that was a different game with different circumstances,

Star wars Battlefront: EA never hid the fact that you could unlock Han solos gun in game or any of the other bonus stuff later in the game that you could get with the deluxe edition all you where mainly paying for was the season pass that came with buying the deluxe edition, heck EA advised that you could get some stuff early if you pre-ordered deluxe edition the over other version , EA never said anything about them items being "exclusive" not even once also not even a timed "exclusive" the only things that where maybe "exclusive" was the PS4 Darth Vader console and an maybe the art book?.

But unlike Star wars Battlefront, Swtor has exclusive items if you bought the CE, even though us CE owners are likely a dwindling part of the Swtor population some of us still care about that we keep our few exclusive items and stay that way, to be honest I am happy that Bio has kept their end up by keeping them exclusive all this time it kind of shows a kind of loyalty to all those fans who bought the CE.

Edited by Tychus

If the box says new, then it should not be open. The shrink wrap should not be torn off. Otherwise, there is no way to verify that the box has not been open. You should communicate with the seller that box must be in it's original shrink wrap.

Here's a silly question. I'm not familiar with this - the box itself would actually say new on the wrapping? I see sellers saying it's new, but no way to tell of the shrinkwrap is original from the photos or if it's been re-wrapped. Is there some kind of unique seal or feature where you can tell? I will definitely communicate with sellers once I see a good deal. However if there is some way in which the "box says new" that the seller can't fudge, what is it? That would be very helpful. Thanks.

I would be OK with CE vendor access via Cartel if I can get the same kind of access to the pre-order crystal vendor, to the rewards for buing the Razer mouse and their other stuff and so on. I didn't have the money back then to buy all those additional things, so I missed out on them. And some pets from US-only cartel coins cards.

Of course, others would then deserve the same kind of access to other things they don't have access to. So everything should be available for everyone equally via Cartel. All ingame-items available via direct Cartel sale. That would be the only fair option. Whether this is a good option is another question.

I would be OK with CE vendor access via Cartel if I can get the same kind of access to the pre-order crystal vendor, to the rewards for buing the Razer mouse and their other stuff and so on. I didn't have the money back then to buy all those additional things, so I missed out on them. And some pets from US-only cartel coins cards.

Of course, others would then deserve the same kind of access to other things they don't have access to. So everything should be available for everyone equally via Cartel. All ingame-items available via direct Cartel sale. That would be the only fair option. Whether this is a good option is another question.

why is that "fair"?

I would say it is unfair to those who were told access to these items required a pre-order, then change down the line. Pre-order carries an aspect of risk - maybe the game will suck, maybe it won't be supported. Coming in after it is established and getting access to something that others had to take a chance on doesn't seem "fair" . Don't think of it as taking something away from you, think of it as them being rewarded for their actions.

fluff items available for purchase? why the hell not? let people buy that singing celebration Jawa and BUY acess to preorder vendor, ability to buy fluff titles etc - things that used to be available for purchase before but aren't now - hell with cartel pets, back then you'd get a pet AND cartel coins, people getting it now would end up paying more in a way, since they would only be getting a pet, while I got to have a pet and 2400 cartel coins to spend on unlocks or whatever else I could think of.

and so on - I mean, most of those rewards I got in addition to acess to the game back in those days - so essentially I paid for acess and got extras along with them, while people will have to pay separately JUST for those extras. works for me - sounds pretty much like getting Nar Shadaa stronghold with its 5 rooms given to me for being subscriber on a certain date, while people who weren't? can STILL unlock that stronghold and its rooms - just need to pay extra for it. sounds pretty damn fair to me. but please, for the love of all that is holy:

stop confusing fluff with items that give you actual in game power. in other words outfit shell or a dye =/= 224 mainhand. one is purely ornamental - the other is pay to win.

but no, I do not think its unfair for people to have an OPPORTUNITY to get fluff items I got for doing something I would be doing anyways - playing the game during certain time. so when you ask - what's the incentive to do it then rather then later? welll... one you get to chose whether you pay now, or pay later, but you are STILL paying for it so the choice comes down to... do I want to play this game now? or do I not mind waiting and paying extra anyways, for those goodies I could have gotten bundled in with the game?

Edited by Jeweledleah

fluff items available for purchase? why the hell not? let people buy that singing celebration Jawa and BUY acess to preorder vendor, ability to buy fluff titles etc - things that used to be available for purchase before but aren't now - hell with cartel pets, back then you'd get a pet AND cartel coins, people getting it now would end up paying more in a way, since they would only be getting a pet, while I got to have a pet and 2400 cartel coins to spend on unlocks or whatever else I could think of.

and so on - I mean, most of those rewards I got in addition to acess to the game back in those days - so essentially I paid for acess and got extras along with them, while people will have to pay separately JUST for those extras. works for me - sounds pretty much like getting Nar Shadaa stronghold with its 5 rooms given to me for being subscriber on a certain date, while people who weren't? can STILL unlock that stronghold and its rooms - just need to pay extra for it. sounds pretty damn fair to me. but please, for the love of all that is holy:

stop confusing fluff with items that give you actual in game power. in other words outfit shell or a dye =/= 224 mainhand. one is purely ornamental - the other is pay to win.

but no, I do not think its unfair for people to have an OPPORTUNITY to get fluff items I got for doing something I would be doing anyways - playing the game during certain time. so when you ask - what's the incentive to do it then rather then later? welll... one you get to chose whether you pay now, or pay later, but you are STILL paying for it so the choice comes down to... do I want to play this game now? or do I not mind waiting and paying extra anyways, for those goodies I could have gotten bundled in with the game?

Fortunately, they are ONLY "fluff" items and therefore not having them will not have an adverse affect on a person's ability to play the game.

Thus, they do not need access to those "fluff" items that were limited, or otherwise exclusive.

Fortunately, they are ONLY "fluff" items and therefore not having them will not have an adverse affect on a person's ability to play the game.

Thus, they do not need access to those "fluff" items that were limited, or otherwise exclusive.

yes, becasue its all about the "need" >_>

but hey, if we are going to go with the "need" argument (lol) people for whom this items are currently exclusive, me being one of those people btw? do not NEED for those items to remain exclusive. those items ARE merely fluff after all

yes, becasue its all about the "need" >_>

but hey, if we are going to go with the "need" argument (lol) people for whom this items are currently exclusive, me being one of those people btw? do not NEED for those items to remain exclusive. those items ARE merely fluff after all

Actually, it's about players with a false sense of entitlement wanting something for which they KNOW they do NOT qualify.

That does NOT mean that they should just be handed out, or even "made available", to every entitled Tom, Dick and Harriette that decides they want that shiny and it's "not fair that someone else has something that they do not."

People can go on and on about how they don't care that someone else has something that they have, but how much of the "generosity" is driven by their desire to have a different shiny-- access to which they KNOW they do NOT qualify.

Edited by Ratajack

That's pretty much exactly what I meant. I think you're onto something. Nobody is saying "give me fluff items for free". My point was there should be an alternate route to earn them if you didn't have the opportunity to pick up a genuinely unopened and untampered CE in 2011. Whether through paying with cartel coins, credits at a higher price than CE players, or restricting access to subscribers or even just subscribers who have played an expansion or two and aren't just noobs starting out on Korriban or Tython for the first time.

I see it this way, if you didn't buy the CE set, you can still buy a VIP wristband once you earn a million credits. If you bought the CE set you would get it automatically with the purchase, no need to grind for credits. But if you missed out you have to subscribe (for the no cap on credits feature) and grind. Doing something similar with CE vendor access would be a great idea. Maybe make it so that non-CE subs have to play ROTHC or SOR to get access, then make each item 1mil credits or 2000 cartel coins for the non-CE players. This would actually encourage people to play the game, not like what Bioware did with the Digital Deluxe gear where anyone can get instant access to the Digital Deluxe goodies with $4.99 on a a credit card, then they can just run away, get bored, and never play or buy cartel coins again.

Edited by Therapsida

Actually, it's about players with a false sense of entitlement wanting something for which they KNOW they do NOT qualify.

That does NOT mean that they should just be handed out, or even "made available", to every entitled Tom, Dick and Harriette that decides they want that shiny and it's "not fair that someone else has something that they do not."

People can go on and on about how they don't care that someone else has something that they have, but how much of the "generosity" is driven by their desire to have a different shiny-- access to which they KNOW they do NOT qualify.

Beyond buying the CE, what else do you need to "qualify" for access? Is qualification some inherent trait in a person's blood? And how do you determine who is merely "entitled" and who is "qualified"? Spare us the misanthropic rant against non-existent strawmen. You just happened to be in the right place at the right time, before all the scalper scams, and you had either the spare cash or a generous parent. Yes I know, SO qualified and superior! :rak_angelic:

Edited by Therapsida

Beyond buying the CE, what else do you need to "qualify" for access? Is qualification some inherent trait in a person's blood? And how do you determine who is merely "entitled" and who is "qualified"? Spare us the misanthropic rant against non-existent strawmen. You just happened to be in the right place at the right time, before all the scalper scams, and you had either the spare cash or a generous parent. Yes I know, SO qualified and superior! :rak_angelic:

You hit the nail on the head. Beyond buying the CE you don't need to do anything else. So hop on ebay and buy the CE

You hit the nail on the head. Beyond buying the CE you don't need to do anything else. So hop on ebay and buy the CE

Lol here's hoping I'm not buying a scam or a used code lol. I will probably just call the local GameStop or other game store after memorial day and see if they have one for cheaper, or email some of these ebayers and see what the deal is with their rather ambiguous listings. My main concern is to not get ripped off, I have heard of it happening a lot with ebay sellers using the code and re-shrinkwrapping the package "like new" except it no longer is. $150 is not a big deal if it's legit, but there's no way I am going to throw that kind of money at someone without getting some answers first.

One idiot even posted pictures of the code sheet/booklet on his listing, without blurring out the code, then said in his listing "I don't know if the code has been used or not". Yup, I bet somebody just went and typed in that code by looking at Captain Obvious's listing pics and didn't even pay for it.

Is there some special seal or some other way you can tell a legit unopened CE from one that's been tampered with? Not having seen or opened one of these things in person, I don't want to be lied to.

Edited by Therapsida

Lol here's hoping I'm not buying a scam or a used code lol. I will probably just call the local GameStop or other game store after memorial day and see if they have one for cheaper, or email some of these ebayers and see what the deal is with their rather ambiguous listings. My main concern is to not get ripped off, I have heard of it happening a lot with ebay sellers using the code and re-shrinkwrapping the package "like new" except it no longer is. $150 is not a big deal if it's legit, but there's no way I am going to throw that kind of money at someone without getting some answers first.

One idiot even posted pictures of the code sheet/booklet on his listing, without blurring out the code, then said in his listing "I don't know if the code has been used or not". Yup, I bet somebody just went and typed in that code by looking at Captain Obvious's listing pics and didn't even pay for it.

Is there some special seal or some other way you can tell a legit unopened CE from one that's been tampered with? Not having seen or opened one of these things in person, I don't want to be lied to.

buy off seller reputation is only thing I can think of. can try amazon to see if any being sold there

what amuses me about this sentiment is that you are quire literally denying bioware the money. becasue buying it off e-bay? that money is going to the seller. bioware selling vendor acess directly? money is going to bioware.

its like telling people to buy credits off third party credit seller website >_>

eh /shrug.

no skin of my back. I have MY acess to all those timed exclusives, including preorder stuff. whatever bioware does or doesn't do - won't affect me either way. just thinking it would be in interest of both bioware and current holders of certain content to have it accessible by more people, since it might, you know actualy get updates this way. (as it stands right now, its not worth the effort for bioware). but please do continue to cut your nose off to spite the face.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I'm against it.

I own the CE myself, but there are other things like the beta testing reward or the preorder and razer crystals that I'll never possess, same as the ranked PvP rewards. It's as it should be IMO.

If you really want those CE goodies, well there are still some out there.