Another fun match...

Bolo_Yeung

Edit: I have decided to post some of my games (funny, epic or total fail) in one thread...

First: I think its the most close Domination match and most epic save I have seen.

(Yes, I am shameless in promoting myself :D , if anyone has better one please post it...)

Second one - why you should never ever give up...

And that second match in reverse - or my personal Hall of Shame. (got too greedy for requisitions, tried to cap B... and we lost due to fallen C ):)

Quote of the month:

"let them have sat"

(45 seconds later)

"... but not all 3!"

Match of the Chernobyl Day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDXIu83rCKg

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

That was pretty awesome. Nice flying! I don't think I've seen one end quite like that before. Your efforts to hold B and later to flip C were quite effective.

Maybe you can clear something up for me, though. There were a number of times throughout the match where you engaged these big, sort of immobile ships with a glowy aura in front of them that appeared to out-range your weapons until you got close. Then you either blew them up, or chased them away. Now, I thought for a moment that they were gunships, but I heard that those are OP and ruin the game... If they really were gunships, they wouldn't have been so easy to deal with, right?

Despon

What a game and wow great flying Bolo!

This game just has so much I can talk about.

SPOILERS BELOW!

First of all what a great video to show how to deal with a tick bomber. He uses the exact strategy I keep telling everyone to use to deal with one. You go in fire as many shots as you can until your shields run out then circle around and hit them again. Really well done sir!

Secondly, Ozzmud you stud. He really showcased just how powerful the Charged plating beacon Bomber can be in Domination. He single handedly turned that game around. Don't get me wrong Challintra/Bolo was doing some serious work. He kept turning satellites repeatedly, however with the addition of Ozzmud able to hold down the nodes against an absolutely ridiculous amount of enemies it gave Challintra/Bolo the time he needed to keep capturing all the objectives. I mean Ozzmud never even died once after he joined.

I have a few minor nitpicks about your flying. I really liked the defensive flying with your Spearpoint at the starting however I think it was plain as day that you swaping ships helped your team by leaps and bounds. I mean yes you held the node neutral for a really long time but with how much you were dominating in the Flashfire for the rest of the game I really believe you would not only have gotten B if you started in a Flashfire but you would have been able to leave and help your team elsewhere.

While flying your Spearpoint I really liked the use of the EMP missile to take out the enemy drones however, everysingle time you locked on an EMP missile you seemed to forget you had lasers. You could have easily just held left click while locking on and destoryed the drones in one sweep instead of having to lock 2 missiles.

Yep. I should have Tensored, do a selfie then start with Flashfire.

I have left the drones for second EMP locking - stationary targets easy to getting lock on... and EMP missile has an AoE, so it doesn't matter who (or what) is the target.

Im my opinion though, the real hero of that match is Oz. If not for his bomber skills, C would have fallen certainly while I was torn between helping A and C :)

... and the rest of the team did great work too.

PS. First time I have seen a Domination match won by one point and timeout :D

PPS. The gunships on enemy team , I guess, were focusing on Oz :D Since I never saw a rail hit even near me.

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

Absolutely kickass game mate. Very well flown.

Very much a team effort between you and oz (whoever that is) all told, but lets not forget some valiant soul having the perspicacity to hold C white while you were dead toward the end. You'd have lost without that. Some unsung noob, some ace in a new toon, matters not, they were also instrumental.

Edited by MDVZ

nice one B. that defense of C at the end was textbook. you didn't even need to cap c just keep them off it long enough for the points to catch up. Other team spent too much effort fighting for C when a concerted effort could ghave taken A or B and given them the win.

Nice job there.

• 1 month later...

By the way, @catsi - if we'd capture that last sat a second later, we'd have lost, I suppose (for sure, if we would be late 2 seconds...)

And another match to go:

This one is my personal Hall of Shame :)

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

By the way, @catsi - if we'd capture that last sat a second later, we'd have lost, I suppose (for sure, if we would be late 2 seconds...)

And another match to go:

This one is my personal Hall of Shame :)

I enjoyed watching the 2nd game you posted here. It really illustrates the power (IMHO: overpowered) of bomber spam. You did as much as could be done for this game in a scout. Your team was overwhelmed by the sheer weight of the 6 bombers the other team was fielding. You were needed fighting on the sats and someone else needed to be hunting the other team's hyperspace beacons. I checked the maps while you were fighting on the sats. Your team was circling the sats with you most of the time instead of trying to establish a perimeter to shoot the bombers. You were always fulfilling a vital role to clean out those sats, but your team wasn't fulfilling the role you left open whenever you switched ships.

Edited by Kinsha

Second one - why you should never ever give up...

Most confusing match I've had was a come from behind win as well. Backfilled into a 600- 30 denon and team had finally managed to flip C, thought it was over so I might as well jump on my gunship and try to farm the accuracy achieve, maybe try and eek out a demolisher if I was lucky. Next thing I know we flipped all three and ended up 1000-900 win. It wasn't an intense match, nor did either side boast a pilot who was capable of causing such a massive shift in their favour. It was almost like the other team just lost interest and everyone meandered off to do their own thing.

End chat consisted of 10% jubilation, 10% relief and 80% mass bewilderment.

• 1 month later...
That was an interesting watch... You might be pleased to know some people hate "those ***** from harb", and went as far as to quit in the subsequent match (in which you stomped us).

Good game.

To be honest, I don't understand why someone would quit after a match that was so close (few seconds could have swotched the winning side).

And the subsequent match... well, it was about 1000:500, so I would not call it a 'stomping'.

To be honest, I don't understand why someone would quit after a match that was so close (few seconds could have swotched the winning side).

And the subsequent match... well, it was about 1000:500, so I would not call it a 'stomping'.

I'd assume they like the easy ones. 1000-500, you say? It felt like less (points for us), but in any case it was a stomp. I'm pretty sure you 3-capped a couple of times during that match, too. Not that I'm complaining - I'm just explaining why those people would quit. Also, they felt "harb premades" aren't cool.

On a lighter note, I was amused to see your Condor build - I'll be sure to EMP you more often :D

Also, someone on your team seemed to have it in for me... Not cool :(

Hmmm... then maybe it wasn't the following match -next one I played was on Denon, with steady B and C held by us, A by enemy team , ending score was 1000:533.

http://i.imgur.com/fBRg3ib.jpg -that was the one I am talking about.

I like my double missile GS too ^^. In bomber-heavy game when enemy gunships are covered it is pretty useful a sat (EMP turret, interdiction missile on bomber, then BLC to death...) Maybe not a 'meta" ship but has its niche role... (sure, EMP+slug or classic interd+slug is more versatile but I dont like sniping if I don't have to :) )

Edited by Bolo_Yeung