Will Kaliyo go SGR?

Callaron

Talos is adorable but isn't he a little long in the tooth to be romancing the Outlander who I put at around 25 based on comments about our age in the main game? I'm guessing he is 50+.

Actually, according to his codex, he's 27 when you recruit him on Hoth. So by the time you get him in KotFE he's in his early to mid 30's.

Edit: Just looked up his Wookieepedia page. At the time KotFE hits he's 34.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talos_Drellik

Edited by AngFour

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, according to his codex, he's 27 when you recruit him on Hoth. So by the time you get him in KotFE he's in his early to mid 30's.

Talos is one of my most beloved characters, so it's probably for the best he's not a romance.

Or else I'd never hit on anyone else.

Risha is bi, Beryl is her ex gf. I also felt that Torian likes my BH a bit too much for it to be just hero envy.

That was not my take on their relationship. I never got an impression they were anything more than business partners and friends. (Former friends that is...)

Edited by Damask_Rose

:eek: this my astonished face.

He needs to start using sunscreen when he's out reclaiming stuff for the Empire.

Not everyone is bothered by May December romances. That, and many of us have trouble picturing our characters as young as they are supposed to be.

Now that I don't understand. Do people just not pay attention to the storyline that tells you they're young, or do they just not want to picture them young because they (the player) aren't young?

To the OP, it would be nice. to have that option.

Most of the people who posted in the 1,057 pages of posts in these two threads going back to 2012.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476215

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=590526

That said, don't let the page count full, also some of that is the same posters and some of it is posters not for it. :p

So, it's not saying much other than "we like to post" :p

Now that I don't understand. Do people just not pay attention to the storyline that tells you they're young, or do they just not want to picture them young because they (the player) aren't young?

To the OP, it would be nice. to have that option.

For me it's a matter of them just not sounding young. I expect part of that is the age of the voice actors. Most of them are in their 40s.

For me it's a matter of them just not sounding young. I expect part of that is the age of the voice actors. Most of them are in their 40s.

Age differences don't bother me, but there are some out there that are especially bothered by the ones that sound really young, like Nadia. They feel like they're perving on her lol.

I agree with OP's hope that BioWare opens up the romance spectrum.

HOWEVER

I would happily push Lana Beniko, Elara Dorne, Mako and Kaliyo out an airlock if it mean I could get a serious romance option with Senya. My heart goes pitty-pat every time I hear that "You're flattering me" line from KOTFE.

I would happily push Lana Beniko, Elara Dorne, Mako and Kaliyo out an airlock if it mean I could get a serious romance option with Senya. My heart goes pitty-pat every time I hear that "You're flattering me" line from KOTFE.

Would that not be a bit weird until you get rid of Valkoirian? for the same reason a romance with Vaylin is out of the question.

Would that not be a bit weird until you get rid of Valkoirian? for the same reason a romance with Vaylin is out of the question.

I think that would contribute to a certain amount of attraction that Senya might feel towards the Outlander; the knowledge that the man she loved/loves is part of the Outlander.

A romance with Vaylin would be jarringly inconsistent; she's a complete villain.

I think that would contribute to a certain amount of attraction that Senya might feel towards the Outlander; the knowledge that the man she loved/loves is part of the Outlander.

A romance with Vaylin would be jarringly inconsistent; she's a complete villain.

One might be inclined to wave around names like Kaliyo and DS Jaesa, except:

People who condemn Kaliyo outright probably haven't actually played through the whole of the romance. Really, play it some time so you know what you're talking about. I found that as you reach the end, she becomes progressively less wayward, and in the end she's pretty much inviting the Agent to propose to her because she wants to accept his proposal. (This analysis is complicated by the tissue-of-lies nature of pretty much everything in the Agent's life, of course.)

DS Jaesa, for all her psycho nature, firmly supports the warrior. Again, follow the romance to its conclusion, and you'll see that she backs up the warrior for everything he does, and she develops a sense of the value of delaying gratification. (Footnote: I did pretty much everything DS I could find in the recruitment phase, including offing her parents. She takes the invitation to join the warrior in the Dark Side, and runs with it, but she *joins*him*.)

Vaylin, on the other hand, exists to serve exactly one person: Vaylin.

Depends on what class we are playing, we are also quite the villian. :D

So this would totally work for me! :p

Depends on what class we are playing, we are also quite the villian. :D

So this would totally work for me! :p

I seriously do not understand the thought that romancing Vaylin is logical to anyone. It's like trying to flirt with a tornado, you only manage to get your sabre out before you're knocked to the floor with a broken spine.

One might be inclined to wave around names like Kaliyo and DS Jaesa, except:

People who condemn Kaliyo outright probably haven't actually played through the whole of the romance. Really, play it some time so you know what you're talking about. I found that as you reach the end, she becomes progressively less wayward, and in the end she's pretty much inviting the Agent to propose to her because she wants to accept his proposal. (This analysis is complicated by the tissue-of-lies nature of pretty much everything in the Agent's life, of course.)

So finishing her romance is significantly different than just finishing her story arc? Because I hated her more and more the closer I got to the end and stopped flirting with her midway through. By the time I finished her last quest I hated her more than any other companion in the game. She is the only companion I haven't been able to stomach finishing a romance with.

I seriously do not understand the thought that romancing Vaylin is logical to anyone. It's like trying to flirt with a tornado, you only manage to get your sabre out before you're knocked to the floor with a broken spine.

That's the attraction. She's essentially Azula.