Gear Rewards from Eternal Championship

EricMusco

• What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 5 encounters?

I think equivalent solo flashpoint gear, blue non-moddable Prototype drops would be sufficient. Should be 208, same as common data crystal gear sans modding ability IMO. Alliance packs should be part of the reward, as well as random material packs.

• What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 7 encounters?

216 gear, non moddable, Artifact level. Same as Glowing crystals. I also think cartel certs should be rewarded for this tier....but they should be random types. Finally, rank 6 companion gifts should be part of the loot table.

• What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 10 encounters?

220 gear, again, non-moddable, Artifact level, same level as Radiant crystals. This should also reward a small amount of cartel coins, say 25 per completion. This would encourage participation, as it would be a way for folks to generate coins in game. Finally end game epic crafting materials should be provided.

So, to sum up....

5 encounters - 208 non-moddable Prototype gear, Alliance packs, random material packs.

7 encounters - 216 non-moddable Artifact gear, random Cartel certs, level 6 companion gifts.

10 encounters - 220 non-moddable Artifact gear, 25 Cartel Coins, 5 Exotic Isotope Stabilizer and 1 Strategic Resource Matrix

All three should be a source for weapon/offhand drops IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't SM operations bolstered? If so who really cares about gear unless we are talking about gearing people for HM?

Also I read this is meant to help prepare people for group content but it's solo content that only rewards you if you do the mission solo? You do realise the concept of group content is working as a group right and not just being "more difficult solo content"?

Whilst I appreciate the new content that will hopefully have an aspect of challenge to it I don't see how asking us about what gear to reward is even close to being a pressing question that requires our feedback in terms of everything else that is pissing people off in the game right now... just throw out some crystals and be done with it, people can gear up based off that.

My Sith Warrior hasn't touched a flashpoint or operation and he's in a mix of 208 and 216s, with at least one 220. Just from comms.

208 gear would make this whole thing a complete waste, no raider will do it, and no solo player will do because they already have better gear.

For this event to be a success, it needs to get away from this ilevel ******** that plagues these games and focus on giving us players something good.

This isn't for seasoned raiders. This sounds very much like a proving ground. Seasoned raiders will go through this once, and that's it unless there's a multitude of achievements associated with it. If that's the case they will go through it just enough to 100 percent complete it then never do it again. Set bonus 208 gear should theoretically be better than the comm gear. With it comes optimization which I think would be important. Regardless, it shouldn't be confused as something equal to group content. It's, at it's heart, meant to be a solo instance. You can't place rewards in it that make what end game content they have for groups obsolete.

Above my post, if it's still there Lord Artemis has I think a pretty decent suggestion.

Also I read this is meant to help prepare people for group content but it's solo content that only rewards you if you do the mission solo? You do realise the concept of group content is working as a group right and not just being "more difficult solo content"?

Not sure why some players are having a problem with this being solo content. To me, it's the only logical way to do it.

If they allow you to do it as a group, it will lead to sale runs where one player carries the other one through it, and that negates the reward because it will no longer be special. In order to keep the Eternal Championship difficult, they can only allow us to do it alone.

And I'm confident that raiders will enjoy this content, at least on the first playthrough, even if they are usually group players. Apart from the no-buff solo HM Star Fortress, this is the only new challenging content in the game, so I'm very appreciative that the devs are adding it in.

To the players saying this should drop a token, I would agree with this if and only if:

• It is a specific token (like a chest piece) and not a different one each time, and
  • All the mods are bound to the chest piece and cannot be placed in a different slot, similar to how the 204 MH was handled.

Otherwise, it will be way too easy to gear up a full character with just the Eternal Championship.

Edited by Jerba

Honestly, i'm tired of doing op like content where we only get gear and very little credits. Most of the gear doesn't sell for a lot of credits either. Can you do what you did for pvp? Give us tokens so we can decided on what we want? And have options that include: decorations, mounts, weapons, gear, pets, maybe even a dye that is bound on that toon?

Not sure why some players are having a problem with this being solo content. To me, it's the only logical way to do it.

If they allow you to do it as a group, it will lead to sale runs where one player carries the other one through it, and that negates the reward because it will no longer be special. In order to keep the Eternal Championship difficult, they can only allow us to do it alone.

And I'm confident that raiders will enjoy this content, at least on the first playthrough, even if they are usually group players. Apart from the no-buff solo HM Star Fortress, this is the only new challenging content in the game, so I'm very appreciative that the devs are adding it in.

To the players saying this should drop a token, I would agree with this if and only if:

• It is a specific token (like a chest piece) and not a different one each time, and
  • All the mods are bound to the chest piece and cannot be placed in a different slot, similar to how the 204 MH was handled.

Otherwise, it will be way too easy to gear up a full character with just the Eternal Championship.

I think you miss my point. I was reading that this is designed to prepare story players from solo content to group content ... maybe dulfy quoted it wrong?

It should read transition players from story content to content that actually requires you to vaguely know your rotation etc. i.e. being able to actually play the game. Not sure what this has to do with preparing people for group content.

I think this shouldn't drop any gear, you don't even need to earn gear to paly the game anymore until HM Operation which are for a very small subset of players.

I think a better carrot on the stick would be bronze/silver/gold pack idea where it rewards a BSG pack with one random item from any of the BSG packs depending on how far you get ( and the item is BOP to avoid farming etc. ) - which BSG pack you get is determined by how far you get and of course can only be done once a week and only once completing the first 9 chapters.

The gearing reward approach in this game is dead when they made it too easy and gave just too much away just by playing the game casually ( oh and of course all the bolster ) and whilst I'm not necessarily complaining about the abundance of gear rewards I think adding in more is just stupid ... it's not a carrot anymore.

• What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 5 encounters?

I think equivalent solo flashpoint gear, blue non-moddable Prototype drops would be sufficient. Should be 208, same as common data crystal gear sans modding ability IMO. Alliance packs should be part of the reward, as well as random material packs.

• What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 7 encounters?

216 gear, non moddable, Artifact level. Same as Glowing crystals. I also think cartel certs should be rewarded for this tier....but they should be random types. Finally, rank 6 companion gifts should be part of the loot table.

• What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 10 encounters?

220 gear, again, non-moddable, Artifact level, same level as Radiant crystals. This should also reward a small amount of cartel coins, say 25 per completion. This would encourage participation, as it would be a way for folks to generate coins in game. Finally end game epic crafting materials should be provided.

So, to sum up....

5 encounters - 208 non-moddable Prototype gear, Alliance packs, random material packs.

7 encounters - 216 non-moddable Artifact gear, random Cartel certs, level 6 companion gifts.

10 encounters - 220 non-moddable Artifact gear, 25 Cartel Coins, 5 Exotic Isotope Stabilizer and 1 Strategic Resource Matrix

All three should be a source for weapon/offhand drops IMO.

Like this. Only suggestion is I think the set bonus for 220 should stay in the HM operations since that content is supposed to be harder and should reward those people the set bonuses.

I say make it extremely difficult so the content actually lasts more than 30 minutes potentially. Reward whatever gear is appropriate for something extremely difficult I personally don't have any issue with it awarding raid level gear at all.

First please please please please put this on the pts so it can be tested by actual players and tinged accordingly. This shouldn't gone 224 set bonuses if this is equivalent difficult to chapter 1 of KOTFE.

I would say if it's like sm operation difficulty, maybe 208 set bonus? If it's really tough, maybe 220 st bonus. If it's cakewalk, 208 or 216 mk-2.

Like this. Only suggestion is I think the set bonus for 220 should stay in the HM operations since that content is supposed to be harder and should reward those people the set bonuses.

Thanks. I agree, I think set bonuses should definitely remain in current existing hard content.

I have no interest in PvE gear unless it's something I would use cosmetically in outfit designer. As somebody else previously posted, I'd prefer orange shells. A nice mount/title at the end would be good too. This would then be a reward for both PvEers and PvPers.

An incentive for people to do it again on multiple characters:

Make the rewards different for different classes. For example, the title reward could be "Eternal Hunter", "Eternal Jedi" etc depending on which class I complete it on.

The armour shells could also be class specific depending on which class I complete it on.

Possibly even a class specific mount depending on what class I complete it on.

Or....they could possibly do something similar to the ranked token vendor idea. That way we could grind it or not grind it depending on how many tokens we want for the reward that we want to buy from the vendor.

+1 to everything Veronyka said. I would be good with either of these options. We already have a source of end-game gear, we don't need another. Class specific orange shells (not a re-skin of some past design) plus a mount and a title would make me run a bunch more toons through KotFE. For example:

Boss 1-5: Various data crystals, etc. since these are the "easy" ones.

Boss 6: New and Unique crystal color box (all 4 types)

Boss 7: Class-specific Belt and Bracer box

Boss 8: Class-specific Pants and Feet box

Boss 9: Class-specific Chest and Gloves box

Boss 10: Class-specific Mount and Title.

Again, those are all legacy bound orange shells. As for difficulty, I would like to see 6-8 be SM level difficult and 9-10 be HM level. 6-10 should also be mechanics heavy and not just DPS checks. Of course, this also means that our companions need to learn how not to stand in stupid...

Edited by ekimlil

Thanks. I agree, I think set bonuses should definitely remain in current existing hard content.

Nope I disagree slightly, I actually think they should add different set bonuses to the game to compliment other content rather than compete against it.

ESO does this and it works quite well, and considering progression is drifting away from gear ilvl this is the sort of thing we need.

Nope I disagree slightly, I actually think they should add different set bonuses to the game to compliment other content rather than compete against it.

ESO does this and it works quite well, and considering progression is drifting away from gear ilvl this is the sort of thing we need.

So, do you think that drops for this kind of content should have set bonuses?

random idea here, mainhand PVE modable ****. if I can clear all ten levels lemme get a 216 ***

5 encounters 216 non set piece armor

7 encounters 216 ear/implant/relic

10 encounters weapon/offhand

and difficulty should be on par with soloing a heroic exarch

Edited by Jboath

That's a great question! Since that is still in flux, I would say include that as part of your answer, how you feel the rewards should be reflected in difficulty.

-eric

Make the lower tiers give mods and enhancements of crafting level. Final boss should be tuned almost like a Hard Mode Flashpoint boss. Make it barely soloable. Look to how HK-47 in the False Emperor is designed, requires heroic moment, tough enrage, adds, significant damage. It needs to be an endurance check as much as it is a healing and dps check, but it'll be difficult to balance for tanks.

It should not drop operations gear ever unless it's as hard, or harder to solo than a hard mode flashpoint, because otherwise there's no incentive for players to play group content when they can get all their gear from a solo instance.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

That's a great question! Since that is still in flux, I would say include that as part of your answer, how you feel the rewards should be reflected in difficulty.

-eric

Sorry, but that's a strange answer. You guys have already decided what gear drops from each difficulty. So if I said "I want it to be difficult like a solo flashpoint and drop 224 gear" you would say "that reward does not reflect the relative difficulty of the content".

Our answer doesn't make any difference because you will have to keep it in line with how gear currently drops.

Maybe a drop of 224 gear from defeating 10 encounters since 224 drop from NiM op is very rare.

As i do not know how is the difficulty going to be like but i was thinking that it be probably be like this:

- 5 encounter drop 216 gear

- 7 encounter drop 220 gear

- 10 enounter drop 224 gear

208 I guess?

One 216 none-ops gear, players can choose one piece to cannibalise for parts to complement their SM OPs gear.

One 216 ops token if it is hard, players can choose one token to complement their SM OPs gear.

Agreement: This is what I was thinking.

Humorous Exclamation: Get outta my head!!