Gear Rewards from Eternal Championship

EricMusco

IMO, The gear needs to reflect the difficulty. If the difficulty is less than a tactical FP, then the gear should match. If it's in the neighborhood of a NiM Op, then the gear should reflect that. No one should be getting NiM gear for Heroic2+ level difficulty, but they also shouldn't be getting Heroic 2+ gear for NiM difficulty.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I agree, I think set bonuses should definitely remain in current existing hard content.

So what if it gave a different type of set bonus?

Such as;

2-Piece: Increases companion influence gained while completing quests.

4-Piece: Increases Alliance influence gained while handing in Alliance lockboxes.

6-Piece: Increases damage dealt by 7%, increases damage reduction by 7%, increases healing by 7% while running Eternal Championship.

Something that ties directly into KotFE, directly into Alliances and companions and directly into Eternal Championship itself. Make it 220 non-moddable level gear without a set bonus. Also add 208 Mainhand weapons / Exotic Isotope Stabilizer and 1 Strategic Resource Matrix to the rewards.

Hey folks,

One of the things Ben mentioned on the live stream, is that the dev team is looking to get some feedback regarding rewards from the Eternal Championship. Currently there are weekly quests for defeating 5, 7, and 10 encounters. Here is what Ben was looking for:

• What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 5 encounters?
  • What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 7 encounters?
  • What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 10 encounters?

Feel free to answer by comparison (this should drop gear similar to a HM Flashpoint) or in Item Rating.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric, this is from my boyfriend (he doesn't like to come to the forums)

*]What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 5 encounters?

216 gear

[*]What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 7 encounters?

220 gear

[*]What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 10 encounters?

224 gear

Hey folks,

One of the things Ben mentioned on the live stream, is that the dev team is looking to get some feedback regarding rewards from the Eternal Championship. Currently there are weekly quests for defeating 5, 7, and 10 encounters. Here is what Ben was looking for:

• What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 5 encounters?
  • What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 7 encounters?
  • What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 10 encounters?

Feel free to answer by comparison (this should drop gear similar to a HM Flashpoint) or in Item Rating.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

First 5 levels = Lvl 65 gear you get from KotFE, but a blue version.

First 7 levels = Tactical Flashpoint level

First 10 levels = HM Flashpoint or SM gear (NON SET BONUS) whichever is lower quality.

This is assuming its going to be an easy encounter (i'm in SM set bonus with mix of HM set bonus).

Players should be rewarded, but if this is a solo effort they shouldn't have access to token gear.

Maybe the final lvl 10 encounter gives out a special reward, not gear, something cosmetic.

Edited by JourrnoRush

I think the Eternal Championship offers a great opportunity to offer gear rewards to players who are unlikely to ever step into operations. If this just offers more of the same comm gear most players probably won't be able to justify the time investment for gear that they can farm easily through heroics/tacticals/flashpoints.

Difficulty:

The first 3 levels should be pretty easy. Like impossible to fail easy. 4 and 5 should ramp up the difficulty a bit, but nothing drastic. Standing in things hurts a little, not interrupting hurts a little, but your companion is probably going to still carry you through it.

I think the next quest should require clearing 6-8. 6 should be a slight, but noticeable, increase from 5. Spatial awareness should matter, but not outright kill you. Interrupting should be encouraged, but again not ultimately deadly.

7 and 8 Should again be slight, but noticeable increases. Things hurt more and interrupting is more important. Possibly introduce the concept of an enrage timer. Maybe the ability that requires interrupting isn't damage related, but a big heal. Missing it once won't cause you to fail, but multiple times will result in the boss enraging and the player dying. Spatial awareness should continue to be important and damage should ramp up while the enrage decreases. The tuning should be somewhere in the SM OPs range.

9-10 Should start introducing new mechanics and concepts and continue to have an enrage timer. You should require interrupts and spatial awareness. You should probably also encourage the player to use personal defensive cooldowns. It should also require the use of stuns/disorients to stop abilities that are not interruptable with the traditional interrupt. If you want to get really fancy it should also require the player to "use" the arena. Perhaps dragging the boss to a certain location to stop an attack, or using LoS. Maybe the crowd/boss throws a bomb or stun grenade and you need to realize it and use it against him in a short period of time. This is a great opportunity to help players learn more advanced concepts.

Rewards

1-5: This is pretty easy content and the reward shouldn't be earth shattering, but good enough to merit repeating it weekly. I feel 208 or 216 non-set gear with good mods/enhancements (low endurance, higher secondary stats) is appropriate.

6-8: This is, or should be, a noticeable step up in difficulty. The reward should reflect that as well. I think awarding 216 set pieces is justified. You already hand these out in SM OPS, and the players who are going to repeat this content weekly are probably not going to step into raiding, but have likely done enough heroics/dailies to gear up with comm gear. If you want this to be content that people repeat for awhile it needs to offer a good reward. Randomize the piece awarded each week or let them choose.

9-10: If this is as hard as it should be I think you can safely reward 220 set pieces. It's one item a week, it's not the highest possible loot level, but it still offers a strong incentive to repeat this content weekly. You'll still get better gear, faster, in operations. This isn't going to be completed by everyone.

You can already buy/craft 220 gear so offering non-set pieces will make this content unrewarding somewhat quickly. Incentive and difficulty need to be balanced if you want this repeated for awhile. You can get lots of non-set pieces elsewhere in the game for less effort. I think you need to offer set items for this to have long-term replayability. Unique titles, mounts, decorations are also important. If there isn't a big statue decoration for completing this BB-8 will cry.

Edited by Treeba

New player here; what is "Eternal Championship"?

I doubt a Bioware employee would update the original post with a paragraph or a link which delivers information on what it is, but I hope someone here would be glorious enough to help provide us fellow newcomers with information.

It's solo content which rewards decent gear basically? In short. :rak_02:

Edited by Jhaelvyll

IF the plan is to have the Championship bridge solo and group play, tutorial-esque, its a sound plan.

It should absolutely award a story mode operation gear WITH set piece bonuses.

And the challenge should really be appropriate to that. Meaning story mode ops level: forgiving as heck but if you insist on standing in the red circle you'll die.

There is no sense whatsoever in making it hard and giving out entry level gear for ops. Newbies won't be able to get the gear to get into group stuff and vets will do it once for the achievement and them moan rewards suck. And on the other hand if the rewards are good people will double moan about "welfare epics". And there is the fact not all ACs are nearly as good at solo play so there is that "why does my class suck so much and the god mode CDs enable X to farm this weekly" can of worms.

You can't please "skilled" players with a thing like this so no sense trying as you'll just end up with SOR level of overtuned content catered to the few that ultimately shouldn't matter, doing more harm than good.

Only way to do this right is for the "experienced players" to end up moaning it's too easy and not being *overly* fussed at the level of gear hand me outs.

Edited by aeterno

New player here; what is "Eternal Championship"?

I doubt a Bioware employee would update the original post with a paragraph or a link which delivers information on what it is, but I hope someone here would be glorious enough to help provide us fellow newcomers with information.

It's solo content which rewards decent gear basically? In short. :rak_02:

It's going to be a KOTOR-esque arena challenge (if you ever played that) for solo players with 10 "rounds" slated to come with chapter XI. Level of difficulty and reward is apparently still up for discussion.

It's going to be a KOTOR-esque arena challenge (if you ever played that) for solo players with 10 "rounds" slated to come with chapter XI. Level of difficulty and reward is apparently still up for discussion.
So, my Sage finally gets to strut around and shout, "Are you not entertained?!" after the 10th round? Nice.

As a soloer who has never dipped a toe into OPs, I'm generally against giving us good OPs gear for solo content.

The arena was cool in KOTOR, I enjoyed that. Last playthrough with all the mods a couple weeks ago, I didn't do the arena before that important plot event so yeah.

Eternal Championship scheduled for this year? So August, November or whatever?

The arena was cool in KOTOR, I enjoyed that. Last playthrough with all the mods a couple weeks ago, I didn't do the arena before that important plot event so yeah.

Eternal Championship scheduled for this year? So August, November or whatever?

Chapter X comes in February and then they follow one per month so it should come in march. :)

Bring back named weapons and unique gear. Make the 10th boss actually difficult and stop spoon feeding people this " hard mode " gear. You should be able to see a person on fleet on in the world and say " man that guy actually put in the time and effort for that awesome looking amrour / weapon skin. " not . hmm i wonder how many credit ill need to buy that on the GTN after they release it in a CC pack.

Relics and Implants are hardest to come by, so MK-1 216 implants and 216 relic would be nice

ORRRRR.....Expertise gear, so PvP won't need to kick players anymore because they don't have 2016 Expertise.

I agree with relics and implants but not the expertise gear or it can be a choice as there are players that hate pvp and have never done pvp so rewarding them with something they will never use?

im thinking about something like the first rakghoul event. make a new legacy gear set with a mandalorian flavor. 5 bosses: belt and bracer, 7 bosses: hands, feet, 10 bosses: chest, legs, head. after they have the whole set you can offer 20 common crystal for 5 bosses, 16 glowing for 7 bosses and 8 ultimate for 10 bosses. a new set each week sounds like too much work. you would have to put the items in a box to make the choice between the crystals and the gear easier for the reward window.

There is zero reason to give out anything with stats on it at all in this content. Empty orange shells are all the reward I would be expecting from this, no matter the difficulty. Create 4 unique sets per faction for the four classes plus unique weapons and place a piece behind each encounter starting with round three.

• Round 1 - Loot Bag (stims, adrenals, crystals, something like that)
  • Round 2 - Loot Bag (stims, adrenals, crystals, something like that)
  • Round 3 - Waist
  • Round 4 - Wrist
  • Round 5 - Hands
  • Round 6 - Feet
  • Round 7 - Legs
  • Round 8 - Chest
  • Round 9 - Head
  • Round 10 - Title and Weapon

I do not like the weekly quest idea at all. The content should exist as a challenge for the solo players to test themselves. Make the encounters progressively more difficult so that earning the complete gear set plus the weapon is a real achievement, worthy of showing off.

Just my opinion.

i like this.

There is zero reason to give out anything with stats on it at all in this content. Empty orange shells are all the reward I would be expecting from this, no matter the difficulty. Create 4 unique sets per faction for the four classes plus unique weapons and place a piece behind each encounter starting with round three.

• Round 1 - Loot Bag (stims, adrenals, crystals, something like that)
  • Round 2 - Loot Bag (stims, adrenals, crystals, something like that)
  • Round 3 - Waist
  • Round 4 - Wrist
  • Round 5 - Hands
  • Round 6 - Feet
  • Round 7 - Legs
  • Round 8 - Chest
  • Round 9 - Head
  • Round 10 - Title and Weapon

I do not like the weekly quest idea at all. The content should exist as a challenge for the solo players to test themselves. Make the encounters progressively more difficult so that earning the complete gear set plus the weapon is a real achievement, worthy of showing off.

Just my opinion.

I think this is great if the idea is a one and done type deal. I'm assuming they want players to repeat this content weekly (hence the weekly quest) and if that is indeed the aim there needs to be a pretty strong gear incentive behind it. It could just be really easy content and the gear doesn't have to be good, but I think people will stop doing the content quickly.

By the time this comes out in March? players will have been farming gear off the fleet vendors for nearly 5 months. If the development team wants people to run the Eternal Championship weekly if needs to offer either 224 gear or 216/220 set pieces. If you just put 200/208/216 non-set pieces in here what's the appeal to doing this weekly? It just depends on how long they want people to do this. The weaker the reward the less repeatable the content is.

I doubt this will happen, based on what we've seen of this game engine, but what about taking a page from FF14's playbook, and have this mission (and potentially future missions) have a 1-5 difficulty slider when the mission is granted, like they have in FF14's Duty missions, where increasing the difficulty slider increases the level of the mobs/bosses involved by one to a set maximum.

In turn, the higher the difficulty slider, the greater the rewards. It's hard to really put a gauge into what gear should go in which difficulty, but you can sprinkle in other sorts of goodies, like, more credits, data crystals, crafting material satchels, and the like.

For all of those saying 208 and at Max 216 gear. I have a bunch of toons in full 216 and working on 220's and I simply do not do Ops or FP's as I hate the random crap you find in PuG's and I am tired of doing the same once since forever. So for any thing less then 2nd tier being 216 with a chance for 220, and 3rd tier 220 with a low chance at 224, I would do it once on one toon then NEVER again. There would be no point.

I get that you want more of the players to suit up for ops, but really all of the ops are old and boring. So trying to force players to do HM FP and Ops would have me turning my back on the entire thing. I would rather take a bit longer and just use the crystal gear.

Alright after some thinking I've decided 1st tier is obviously for getting the points or reputation required for Bowdaar so I'll settle for 208 even though me and every other solo player is going to sell it because we have it from common crystals, most of us have higher than that in fact but some people just have the 208 making that reward crap for everyone anyway, but for Bowdaar I'll do it however many times. Tier 2 must be 216 or its not an upgrade which for a lot of us isn't an upgrade for our mains anyway. Tier 3 has to be 220 which is going to be the real upgrade for solo players who bother with weekly's.

My suggestion

Tier 1 208 even though its crap.

Tier 2 216 even though my main is covered in it, but my alts could use it I guess.

Tier 3 220 the actual upgrade to a solo players gear.

I never blame Bioware for mistakes because they happen, but they had to know we would want gear upgrades with the new chapters and even the most super casual players out there have 208 gear, and raid gear starts at 216, simply put raid gear should have been a much higher rating to start with and solo players shouldn't get flak for wanting new gear with new updates.

Bring back named weapons and unique gear. Make the 10th boss actually difficult and stop spoon feeding people this " hard mode " gear. You should be able to see a person on fleet on in the world and say " man that guy actually put in the time and effort for that awesome looking amrour / weapon skin. " not . hmm i wonder how many credit ill need to buy that on the GTN after they release it in a CC pack.

except thats NOT what happens. instead people go "ohh that looks awesome... ohh I need to do super duper mdoe raids? crap guess I ain't getting it" the type of people who raid strictly for what gear looks like, aren't the type of people the elitists wanna see in raids anyway

The highlighted hard mode ops aren't on par with the difficult encounters you mentioned and they drop 224. SOA drops the mainhand even.

This mode needs to be rewarding and fun. It's a major new piece of content and everyone should be able to find a reason to enjoy it. There need to be set bonus drops better than warzone gear with mods better than elite comms or else nobody will be incentivized to get their toons through KOTFE to unlock this. But also, please let this be fun.

And please tell me how many people are soloing EV/KP to get that gear? Go ahead. I'll wait.