HK for free. Seriously?!?

LordSodos

We people had to spend HOURS and HOURS to get our HK-51 model, long searching and really awesome missions and story behind it.

And now you *piep* *pieeeeep* *peeeeööööööp* *piep* decided to give away the next model (HK-55) without a background story, without spending game time, without even ANY effort. You just say "Hey! Be sub and you get it!" Every low *piep* 12 year old *piep* can subscribe. Paying for something is always a problem, you should rather spend many hours in the game to get something.

Edited by LordSodos

While I agree with this to a point, I was just wondering if you have any confirmation that we will just "be given" hk55 and not do a quest to get him?

And yeah this was stupid to me altogether since having an HK droid felt exclusive, you had to spend hours on a quest chain to achieve this. And now people get one for the simple "sub = free stuff" principle. Not good. I will be getting 55, but honestly I never cared much for him, I would never use him because my favourite and only used companion ever is 51. I don't need 2 hunter-killer droids, but atleast I can have them standing guard in my stronghold....

But hey, with everyone running around with HK-droids soon, you can just whip your 51 out and show people how mediocre theirs is? XD

I think its Hk-55 for free not 51, different droid i'm kind of peeved myself but who cares atleast you know who has the original one

"And now you *piep* *pieeeeep* *peeeeööööööp* *piep* decided to give away the next model without..."

... any confirmation that we will just "be given" hk55 and not do a quest to get him?

[...]

But hey, with everyone running around with HK-droids soon, you can just whip your 51 out and show people how mediocre theirs is? XD

1) I am sure you get him as Niko for free.

Also he has been destroyed in the storyline anyways.

2) Indeed :) Also mega mad that they removed the one-hit skill of HK-51. :mad:

Um, HK-55 was always part of the KoFE story, until he got fried. The option to play as HK-55 is probably only a one time event.

In any case, HK-51 is different than HK-55, especially if you use a customization on it to make it look different. So, anyone who sees your HK-51 will know that you had to get it the "hard way" (at least, the first time).

1) I am sure you get him as Niko for free.

Also he has been destroyed in the storyline anyways.

2) Indeed :) Also mega mad that they removed the one-hit skill of HK-51. :mad:

Yep I know what happens in story, but that probably means subs will get an item starting a quest that makes you gather components to fix the hk55 that was destroyed, or get a replacement body, or somehow reconfiguring his memory core.

Um, HK-55 was always part of the KoFE story, until he got fried. The option to play as HK-55 is probably only a one time event.

In any case, HK-51 is different than HK-55, especially if you use a customization on it to make it look different. So, anyone who sees your HK-51 will know that you had to get it the "hard way" (at least, the first time).

Hah. Yes.

He is basically a piece of metal pieces and not a working assassin droid.

Still I hate how you get a "better" model for "free", without even a story HOW you got him, where you got him, what you had to do to get him. It would atleast be something if you get his "corpse" and search for pieces to repair him, then he is yours.

We people had to spend HOURS and HOURS to get our HK-51 model, long searching and really awesome missions and story behind it.

And now you *piep* *pieeeeep* *peeeeööööööp* *piep* decided to give away the next model (HK-55) without a background story, without spending game time, without even ANY effort. You just say "Hey! Be sub and you get it!" Every low *piep* 12 year old *piep* can subscribe. Paying for something is always a problem, you should rather spend many hours in the game to get something.

Except that you really didn't, if you had enough credits? Now, I did do it the "hard way" on both factions for the unlock, but since then? No thanks. Some of my toons don't even have him because "I ain't messing with that scanning crap ever again, and I haven't made enough credits to buy the unlock for a droid that leaks oil on my ships".

I got HK-51 once the hard way the rest of the time I unlocked him for the toons I wanted either with credits or cartel coins.

Now they give subs HK-55 if you sub by a certain date, not a big deal to me. I am not going to worry about what other subs get, why should I?

It's been a few years now. I am not going to worry about what they are doing now.

Except that you really didn't, if you had enough credits? Now, I did do it the "hard way" on both factions for the unlock, but since then? No thanks. Some of my toons don't even have him because "I ain't messing with that scanning crap ever again, and I haven't made enough credits to buy the unlock for a droid that leaks oil on my ships".

You can unlock him per character with Cartel coins as well (750 I think)

I'd rather get rid of mind-numbingly dull time-sink requirements and replace them with a skill gate. However I also realise that SWTOR is a product that needs to generate revenue. A F2P or preferred player gets 90% of the content 24/7. A subscriber should get a cool perk for their loyalty to pay up front (I would push my case and say there should be some retroactive loyalty perks as well).

I think it's a shame that many seem to see the HK-55 themed rewards as a bribe to get F2P and Preferred to subscribe rather than a perk that's actually worth something to those that have chosen to support the game ;)

To get credits you atleast have to spend some time in the game.

True enough.

And if you don't care to do the scanning again, this character is not worth of having him.

Way out of line? So you get to determine whether my toons are worthy of a comp based on whether or not I want to spend however much time it takes scanning for parts? When did that come about?

Still I hate how you get a "better" model for "free", without even a story HOW you got him, where you got him, what you had to do to get him. It would atleast be something if you get his "corpse" and search for pieces to repair him, then he is yours.

From the Subscriber Reward Page:

"This reward will be released alongside Chapter 10. Players who unlock this reward will receive an Alliance Alert to recruit HK-55 once they complete Chapters 1-9."

You will not see level 1 characters running around with a brand new HK unit or anyone level 64 and under for that matter. Additionally HK-55 unlock was planned for everyone continuing the KOTFE story line. Just those of us subscribers who have done the work to get to chapter 9 will get a little "Thank you for supporting SWTOR" and receive him a couple of chapters earlier.

Yep I know what happens in story, but that probably means subs will get an item starting a quest that makes you gather components to fix the hk55 that was destroyed, or get a replacement body, or somehow reconfiguring his memory core.

I will laugh my arse off if...

You have to get the spare parts in the exact same way as HK-51.... :D

Not exactly free - you have to pay 2 months subscription to get him. "Aha", you might think, "you only need to pay 1 months", but you'd be wrong. You have to have been subbed by the cutoff on Jan 12th to qualify, but you don't get him until you do the next chapter, which, even if you managed to hit the subscribe button at exactly 11:59.59, and Bioware miraculously bring out Chapter X on time, will be 1 second after your sub has run out. So, 2 months sub ~$30 to get a companion, or work for a couple of hours playing a game (don't call it slaving) and get a similar one.

Sidenote - how many people who were subbed, and will stay subbed, do you think DON'T already have HK-51? Not going to try to pull a fake #% out my *** for this, but pretty sure a big chunk of subs already have HK-51.

Rather than get pissed off at a free gift, let's say they just opened up some options.

Edited by CrazyCT

Yes it free but you have to run the alert quest chain for it lol and only if your sub do you get this alert quest chain.

Personalities are different too. HK-55 still uses the term "meatbag" whereas HK-51 calls them "undesirables" Also HK-51 was programmed to be a full assassin droid, and HK-55 was programmed to be a bodyguard.

Ah...ok lol. Yeah...now I get it...:rolleyes: