Harrassment, childish behavior, and laziness

LeeLoou

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the mobs beat the crap out you, or send the companion in to let them get the crap beaten out of them - but ALWAYS click the clicky before you start to fight them. If you die, you still got the objective/loot.

That will work on most glowies but in this case the mobs don't start until you click it. Its also notable that this particular one does not disappear after it is retrieved, but when its your first time running thru the game, how are you to know? Bottom line, respect the person that is doing to work to get the item and let them have it. If it is on a spawn timer, get in line and wait for the next. If it is one that is accessible for a minute or two, let the guy who did the work get in and get his first and clear out, then go in. You never know when you might be the person LFG and someone who could invite you remembers that you jumped his glowie a few days back.

Yep, because waiting that extra 2 minutes on the outside was way too much trouble, when you can just jump the node while the guy's fighting the mobs, right? That's the usual logic behind node jumping, and while I don't know of anything in game that takes 15 minutes to respawn, I know I'll wait on a node if someone else is clearing it. Sometimes to find out that I could have jumped it, because they just wandered too close and aggro'd everything... It's not required, it's being polite. I know that's a stretch, or next to impossible for some people, but some of us understand it.

I love when people do this to my assassin, or my Operative. I stealth out of combat, and let them fight the mobs, it's killed more than one person. I've also been known to return the favor, and karma is a *****, I got a guy on Ziost doing that to me, I jumped the next two nodes he was clearing for the one he jumped on me. Watching him cry in General was just extra seasoning for my bbq. It never ceases to amaze me how much these entitled whiners cry when you play their game on them.

Whoa, hold on a second there. You actually saw someone die in game :eek: Pics or it didn't happen :p

I just want to add this is what happens when there is no incentive to group. Everyone just looks out for themselves. It is destructive to what mmo's are suppose to be and that is playing well with others.

It's the behavior you just claimed people should get used to that is destructive to MMO's.

I got a warning from EA about a post in this thread from yesterday because I used symbols to make words in reference to what someone else posted in this thread doing the same thing. Its funny that they can come down on me for that in less than 24 hours but I have tickets that are over 5 weeks old that have never got answered. Way to prioritize EA!

I got a warning from EA about a post in this thread from yesterday because I used symbols to make words in reference to what someone else posted in this thread doing the same thing. Its funny that they can come down on me for that in less than 24 hours but I have tickets that are over 5 weeks old that have never got answered. Way to prioritize EA!

I'm sorry, that might have been my post. I got the same warning because I used an expletive to describe ninjas. The word I used must have a more detrimental effect on the player base than the ninjas that pull this stuff does, as obviously everyone in the game is super happy and full of warm fuzzies when they get ninja'd.

Anyways, I apologize if my post managed to get you the warning. I wish the people who actually defend ninjas (who are obviously ninjas themselves and are not fooling anyone but themselves) were the ones getting forum warnings, but oh well. :rolleyes:

Whatever, you have pretty much zero credibility now. 15 minutes bwhahaha ... sure thing slick :rolleyes: All I really see in this post is I'm a victim and want Bioware to change the game to fit my interests.

bioware set the game up to benefit ninjas and griefers like you. so I have gone ahead and decided to play the game as bioware intended. take what you can, leave nothing for others. if you get in an op and get the drop you were wanting, go ahead and drop team, let everyone else go hang. we all know the things we can do in the game that screw others over. you are all for it, I will take your advice and run with it. if thats the way the devs(and basement dwellers like you) want it, then the rest of us can join in the fun. gotta wonder how much revenue that has cost BW in the past. they seem to be ok with that though.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

Often if I see someone waiting I just send them an invite or if I see someone doing my mission I also send out an invite. Often they accept and both get the mission done at the same time. When you do get an ******e I just put him/her on ignore and never talk or group with them.

I know I would be pissed if I took out all 4 chains and the guys that go with them, then couldn't use the chest because of some @#$@face. I still wish for the same thing I have always wished for in MMO's, since I played Everquest and every game since. I wish mobs were directly tied to the object next to them. So just like the mob is greyed out to you and you can't loot it, you wouldn't be able to "loot" the mission objective mobs are sitting on, until it resets. Most items are on a 30 second timer. Some are on like a 2-3 minute timer.

In the case of the chains, that seems like a no brainer. In no way should someone who did not break the chains be able to loot what is directly attached to the chains. Poor programming right there.

I was accused the other day, rather, of being "a jerk" when I didn't agree to group up to help complete a specific heroic on the planet of Alderaan. Mind you, I've had that particular heroic glitch on me several times over, leaving me with the quest incompleted because credit was given to another member of the group, rather, and in one instance giving credit for killing the mobs to some random dude who jumped in to try helping out while I was fighting them.

So when I was accused of being a jerk, I calmly replied that the heroic can sometimes glitch and I would rather wait for them to complete their quest and then finish my own. Oh, and then I said "sorry, friend. I'll stay out of your way over here." I was then accused of being "an idiot" and told to "learn 2 play", to which I said "lol, do you really need me to kill all the mobs for you?"

Bottom line, people on the internet can sometimes be absurdly rude, yes. I've long since decided that MMO's tend to attract them into one single spot, even. When I do encounter them, I typically lol and move right along. You know, don't feed the trolls, basically.

Here's hoping your brother has a better time in-game, otherwise.

I do not know if there is a limit on how many people you can put on ignore. I now my imps have added more people in 2 weeks than I did my entire first 2 years playing. But maybe that's because in the past, I never paid attention to /general. I hope there is no limit to how many people I can ignore though. There sees to be an awful lot of not nice names playing anymore.

I do not know if there is a limit on how many people you can put on ignore. I now my imps have added more people in 2 weeks than I did my entire first 2 years playing. But maybe that's because in the past, I never paid attention to /general. I hope there is no limit to how many people I can ignore though. There sees to be an awful lot of not nice names playing anymore.

After years of ignoring spammers and idiots I have several characters that have full ignore lists. If I need to ignore more, I'l remove some of the spammer names. So far I've been lucky and haven't removed any that are still active. You'd think they'd drop off if the character was deleted.

My brother wanted to check out the game to see if he wanted to sub so I let him make a toon on my account to see all the benefits not just the F2P. He has been playing about 2 weeks and has already finished chap 9 of FE and was working on his alerts when he was doing a mission on yavin. He was gathering artifacts and was on the last of 5, a big concrete chest bound with 4 chains. Each time you break a chain you have to fight 2 or 3 massasi warriors until you get all 4 finished, then you can click the lid to get the artifacts inside. While he was fighting the mobs he saw someone sitting on a speeder watching him and when he was fighting the last mob, the player rushed in and clicked the chest, then the lid disappeared. He said a bunch of birds attacked the guy so he was able to go get the items in the chest before this player. As he walked away he said in spatial " do the work next time a hole" and went on about his mission. He never gave a name or called the guy out, he just left it at that. Then the guy sends him a tell with a really rude insult and immediately sets him to ignore before my brother could reply.

My brother asked in spatial what the other players thought about this guys actions and he had a conversation with one player that agreed and it was probably some kid with entitlement issues. then another player jumped in the middle of the conversation saying that he was there and the guy never did what he said, he messaged him and got the whole story. This guy also said he was there and walked up and got the stuff from the chest as well only seconds after my brother did. So I have to ask, isn't it kind of lazy to sit back and let someone else clear out the mobs and do all the work just so you can rush in to get the blue item? and of course the first guy that did this is never going to admit he was trying to do this. The second guy said anyone can get them, its not on a spawn timer, but if its the first time you have played the game you don't know this.

The first guy then sent another rude message to my brother even though he had put him on ignore, it still got through, still don't understand that but I saw the screenshots of where he ignored and where it still came up after.

My brother left yavin and went to odessen and was turning in items when a totally different character name sent him another rude message ( I think it was the original guy, once ignored he switched toons to continue the harassment) and tried to keep the argument going. My brother said he tried to file a ticket but it wouldn't go through. I haven't checked my tickets yet today to see if it is listed.

Is this what people pay for? To get in a game and run around being lazy, taking the easy way out, letting other players do the work so you can try and screw them out of the reward, harassing them with tells and acting like you are still in grade school? I have been playing for 4 years and many times I have been clearing mobs so I could get to a blue button or item I needed to collect just to have someone run past me while I had agro and get it first, making me sit through the re-spawn timer and fight the mob all over again. I get angry when someone does this to me so I understand why my brother got upset.

Had the kid just sent him a tell and said " what did I do" they would have talked about it and maybe he could have told my brother that the blue wasn't on a timer and he wasn't trying to steal it from him, and im sure he would have apologized. To send a rude insulting PM and then ignore before that person can reply? very weak, very childish, very rude!

welcome to gaming. All MMO's are basically like that now. There are no rules about it and posting this could get your account actioned as you admitted to violating a general rule which is do not share your account with anyone. He could have made a F2P account and you could have given him a referral code that would have given him 7 days sub time plus other perks.

Or, since the GMs are human and know what account sharing was really intended to prevent, they could:

1: Figure out if the account did anything else wrong ("My brother did it" is a common line).

2: Understand what the rule was meant to prevent (selling and trading of accounts).

The version of "harassment" I've seen is someone chasing someone else across toons and spewing stuff you wouldn't even see in most movies. The version you really don't want to see happen to anyone is: you get doxed in some Internet cesspit (your real life info gets posted) and you have a bunch of people with way too much spare time dreaming up ways to make your life miserable.

It helps to assume the best intentions of your fellow players and to take these things in stride. I have had countless objectives "stolen" from under me as well over the years. Intentional or mistakes? Some are obvious, but others, who knows?

If it's dark environment I might not even notice other players when I have nametags disabled.

My brother wanted to check out the game to see if he wanted to sub so I let him make a toon on my account to see all the benefits not just the F2P. He has been playing about 2 weeks and has already finished chap 9 of FE and was working on his alerts when he was doing a mission on yavin. He was gathering artifacts and was on the last of 5, a big concrete chest bound with 4 chains. Each time you break a chain you have to fight 2 or 3 massasi warriors until you get all 4 finished, then you can click the lid to get the artifacts inside. While he was fighting the mobs he saw someone sitting on a speeder watching him and when he was fighting the last mob, the player rushed in and clicked the chest, then the lid disappeared. He said a bunch of birds attacked the guy so he was able to go get the items in the chest before this player. As he walked away he said in spatial " do the work next time a hole" and went on about his mission. He never gave a name or called the guy out, he just left it at that. Then the guy sends him a tell with a really rude insult and immediately sets him to ignore before my brother could reply.

that should have ended HERE. just keep ignoring the alts of the guy.

My brother asked in spatial what the other players thought about this guys actions and he had a conversation with one player that agreed and it was probably some kid with entitlement issues. then another player jumped in the middle of the conversation saying that he was there and the guy never did what he said, he messaged him and got the whole story. This guy also said he was there and walked up and got the stuff from the chest as well only seconds after my brother did. So I have to ask, isn't it kind of lazy to sit back and let someone else clear out the mobs and do all the work just so you can rush in to get the blue item? and of course the first guy that did this is never going to admit he was trying to do this. The second guy said anyone can get them, its not on a spawn timer, but if its the first time you have played the game you don't know this.

The first guy then sent another rude message to my brother even though he had put him on ignore, it still got through, still don't understand that but I saw the screenshots of where he ignored and where it still came up after.

My brother left yavin and went to odessen and was turning in items when a totally different character name sent him another rude message ( I think it was the original guy, once ignored he switched toons to continue the harassment) and tried to keep the argument going. My brother said he tried to file a ticket but it wouldn't go through. I haven't checked my tickets yet today to see if it is listed.

Is this what people pay for? To get in a game and run around being lazy, taking the easy way out, letting other players do the work so you can try and screw them out of the reward, harassing them with tells and acting like you are still in grade school? I have been playing for 4 years and many times I have been clearing mobs so I could get to a blue button or item I needed to collect just to have someone run past me while I had agro and get it first, making me sit through the re-spawn timer and fight the mob all over again. I get angry when someone does this to me so I understand why my brother got upset.

Had the kid just sent him a tell and said " what did I do" they would have talked about it and maybe he could have told my brother that the blue wasn't on a timer and he wasn't trying to steal it from him, and im sure he would have apologized. To send a rude insulting PM and then ignore before that person can reply? very weak, very childish, very rude!

if you had screenshots of the lazy arse mo fo, tell your brother to report "Dipstick the lazy Donkey" and all of his alts.

Let him eat cake when the devs tell that lazy sob to STHU and maybe give the little beotch a few days off for being one.

Dee gees like him/her think they're special.

These are the *******es that should have been in the military when I was in.

would have loved to see them do Kp for a few daysand hate their life. ;)