And the hits keep coming.

Infernixx

It's almost as if someone in SWTOR doesn't want my money or my business.

anyone paying attention to my posts over the last couple of months can tell you that I'm not currently happy with the current game set up. Plenty there for me to get irritated over and as a result, I haven't played since early November.

That said, I just got an email telling me that they're so happy that I'm a paying customer that I'm getting my complimentary cartel coin stipend. And that it was being lowered from 600 Cartel Coins to 525 Cartel coins.

Gee, thanks.

:csw_yoda: "Screwed up, this is."

Not had any such email myself as of yet.

Did it go into details such as is it the 500cc monthly that's been cut or the 100cc for the security key? or are both been cut?

Things like this are normally put in development tracker before such emails are sent out. That and normally a months notice as its a monthly perk.

I got that email too and it made me laugh. You do know though it's 525 + 100 for the security key = 625. Unless you were receiving 600 for only your subscription than I am just mistaken but I think it technically went up 25. I received a total of 625 coins this month anyway. Edited by Skaara

Well then its a case of the OP not reading the email correctly. Guess I will have to wait until my next lot of complimentary coins are due as was not on my last lot. Still I guess it's from the new year as both of my accounts are not due for them just yet.

An extra 25cc per month? better than nothing even if its is a small amount extra.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

That said, I just got an email telling me that they're so happy that I'm a paying customer that I'm getting my complimentary cartel coin stipend. And that it was being lowered from 600 Cartel Coins to 525 Cartel coins.

Any update on this? Did you get less because of your sub?

I got the usual 600cc on the 31st Dec for having a 6 month sub. The 100cc for the security key tends to come 10 days or so later.

There was an issue a while back with the KotFE pre-sub incentives (Niko Ocar duster, guns, etc...) that was caused if you had some extra play time added through folk using your referral link. Not sure if that was sorted as it never applied to me.

It would seem an odd marketing plan to actively penalise players that have promoted your product :/

It would be nice to see the actual text of the e-mail, or is that against terms and conditions? And what sort of subscription you have.

Looking at the thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560862 has your sub recently lapsed form 6 months to a game card or one of the 2 month deals? they both give 525cc

Edited by Vhaegrant

Sounds to me like you downgraded your subscription from a 6-month recurring to a 60-day time card *OR* you bought one of those bundles from Origin or Amazon that included game time and Cartel Coins.

Either one of those cases would have reduced your 600cc's to 525.

Once your pre-paid time expires, the balance of your 6-month subscription will kick back in and you'll start getting 600cc's again.

Sounds to me like you downgraded your subscription from a 6-month recurring to a 60-day time card *OR* you bought one of those bundles from Origin or Amazon that included game time and Cartel Coins.

Either one of those cases would have reduced your 600cc's to 525.

Once your pre-paid time expires, the balance of your 6-month subscription will kick back in and you'll start getting 600cc's again.

I'm going to guess the bundle. :p

Sounds to me like the OP used a time card and is getting the 525 from that. 12/30 I got an email telling me I got the full 600 for that month.

I got that email too and it made me laugh. You do know though it's 525 + 100 for the security key = 625. Unless you were receiving 600 for only your subscription than I am just mistaken but I think it technically went up 25. I received a total of 625 coins this month anyway.

People who have the six month subscription plan get 600 per month. Adding the security key on top of that would make it 700.

Sounds to me like the OP used a time card and is getting the 525 from that. 12/30 I got an email telling me I got the full 600 for that month.

People who have the six month subscription plan get 600 per month. Adding the security key on top of that would make it 700.

Ah, well thank you for correcting me as I just assumed everyone received the same amount. I've always used prepaid time cards because I get forgetful due to some head injuries when I was deployed and I don't like getting surprise charges on my bank account. Heck, I got a drawer with at least 10 of them unused.

I received the same e-mail as the OP and I was irritated about it as well, thinking they might have lowered my stipend.

But

I actually got 625 CC, which breaks down to 525 for being a sub (instead of 500) + 100 for the security key. So, unless the situation is different for the OP, the stipend actually did go up.

definitely odd alright.

I've bought several 60 day cards and received 525 coins for each month.

I know if you have the Security key gadget, you get 100 ccs for that, so you're guess is as good as mine.

when i bought one of the sub packages from the website, I got 500 ccs for every month.

I received the same e-mail as the OP and I was irritated about it as well, thinking they might have lowered my stipend.

But

I actually got 625 CC, which breaks down to 525 for being a sub (instead of 500) + 100 for the security key. So, unless the situation is different for the OP, the stipend actually did go up.

Again, 6 month subscriptions give 600 CC a month, not 500. So if he was changed to 525 a month it would indeed be a loss. Security key has nothing to do with it.

That being said, I think the OP is off base with his accusations, and has simply mistaken why he is getting less.

I didn't realize there were different tiers of cc except for the additional 100 with a security key. Never dawned on me to go to the forums' Customer Service thread for such information (I would have thought it would be in the "Cartel Coin" tab on my account), nor has anyone ever said anything until now. Edited by Caralysse