Everyone have their jugg/guardian yet?

MotorCityMan

I think most everyone does, since I am seeing 6-10/16 of them most every reg match.

I hope they don't become fotm.

On my server there's like 2 guardians per team atm. AT LEAST.

Their damage is nothing I'd laugh at and you all know how long they survive.

What frightens me the most is their 50000000000 ways to root players for ever.

These 2 Guard/Juggs are normal. Its not fun to see 4, followed by more 4 healers in regs.

Its the synergy betwen Guard (skill) and HPS thats making it all boring. We have more Sages/Sorcs, now with no problem of Force anymore, so we are also seeing more Guardians/Juggs.

Edited by leonlotus

I've mained a guardian since release their current form has to much mobility for their damage and survivability

Mad dash whilst a great ability was just overkill imo.

Their mobility would be okay if the weren't able to perform a 10 second rootchain plus hardstun plus push plus charge plus interrupt

Edited by aristrokratie

What's also a bit of a nuisance, is say you manage to kill most of the team on one door in a voidstar, except for a jugg, and the door still has 20 seconds left to open. The jugg lives so long that by the time you burn them down, the door is already open for back up. Now just compound that with 4+ guardians, and healing sorcs and voidstar games don't pass the first door, unless if no one was paying attention to a stealth capper.

It's like the same thing with kill order in arenas, generally people will kill the jugg last because of their three lives. That is to say, the longer it takes to kill a jugg (due to their DCDs) the more DPS the rest of the enemy team can dish out. That's a bit fair for a well played team of any class using their DCDs properly, but when you can EZ mode it with a jugg... not as fun. Especially when the kill order of importance in an arena is usually something like Merc > sniper > Mara > op > sorc > sin > pt > jugg (when there shouldn't be one, to begin with).

Also, I really don't understand why a jugg tank can have a 10 second interrupt ability that can refresh with force charge (not to mention sooner with the faster force charge when taking damage utility), when everyone else (including other melee) gets a 16-18 second interrupt CD...

One fix they need is making Enraged Defense go back to 10 seconds, and cap off its heals to 3k per tick, not some sort of incidental crit thing...

Edited by MasterFeign

Which class is most like Kylo or Anakin/Vader or Mace or Malgus or Luke or Obiwan or Rey or Arcann/Thexan or the main animated characters in that Disney show? In terms of style even Maul is closer to a jugg than assassin (not at all sure why juggs can't use staves in this game outside of the game's trailers but whatever). While Han is one of the coolest characters ever and Boba has his fans, many newbs and movie fans will probably pick jugg/guardian first. I can only assure you that juggs have not been tearing it up in any ranked brackets (since season 3 I think) or dueling tournaments that I've heard of - the class is very far from op and the smart people picking classes for their op'ness are not picking juggs. Edited by Savej

You people claim that juggernauts are FOTM but if you look on the forums where people ask what class to play every one tells them to play a juggernaut. Now i might not be the best at putting 2 and 2 together but maybe just maybe that's why you see a bunch of juggernauts running around........

Juggs/guardians have the tankiest DPS speccs in game and SWTOR PvP is to 99% defined by tank/heal/protection. It's only obvious that juggs/guardians (together with sorcs/sages) are the most frequent ACs in PvP. Edited by Cretinus

juggs are the easiest melee to pick up and play. I suppose you could say the same for PT, but there's a bit of an art to surviving on a PT that doesn't exist for juggs.

Yes there is. Ive mained a jug since launch. Its easy to tell "newbie" juggs from experienced juggs. A guardian/juggernaut tank spec is indeed tanky but goes down rather easy if you dont know what you are doing. In 1v1 they dont know when to use what and why. Both offensive and defensive rotations depend on the situation. Learning just basic rotations will get you only so far.

But yeah. They are a fairly easy class to learn. But mastering it is a whole other story.

I already predicted Juggs to become the new FOTM.

You people claim that juggernauts are FOTM but if you look on the forums where people ask what class to play every one tells them to play a juggernaut. Now i might not be the best at putting 2 and 2 together but maybe just maybe that's why you see a bunch of juggernauts running around........

I already wrote several times that this forum is the place where FOTM is created - through talk about classes and these advices.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

They better not become FOTM, I've been playing my Jugg as my main for about 12 months after Sorcs became FOTM (I don't like playing FOTM all the time)

Sure their damage is good, but only in the hands of people who know how to maximise it. Noobs are lucky to get half the DPS as a skilled Jugg.

Also they have some good survivability, but only if you also know how to maximise your CDs. This is good for when you have no healers on your team (it does still happen lol)... But Juggs can be shut down more easily they any other melee class

I have to laugh at your comment about the 500000000000 ways to root players forever lol... Not sure why you think that, Juggs have a lot less ways to stun or root people and are also the easiest to root/slow

Maras are also viable as a FOTM class, if people are skilled enough... The only down side is they aren't as survivable as a Jugg. But have a Mara / healer combo and you have a much more lethal combination than a healer / Jugg combo.

Juggs = good with no healer, same with healer

Mara = ok with no healer, but out performs Jugg with healer

Yes there is. Ive mained a jug since launch. Its easy to tell "newbie" juggs from experienced juggs. A guardian/juggernaut tank spec is indeed tanky but goes down rather easy if you dont know what you are doing. In 1v1 they dont know when to use what and why. Both offensive and defensive rotations depend on the situation. Learning just basic rotations will get you only so far.

But yeah. They are a fairly easy class to learn. But mastering it is a whole other story.

Agreed

I can only speak for myself, but I found Vanguard way friendlier than a Guardian. Guardian, I have such a hard time playing on that I gave up shortly after reaching 60,when it was max level. Vanguard I keep playing on and have a bit of a hope to manage one day. Guardian just have too many priorities to manage well on imo. Staying on targets with ccs and roots; rotating DCDs; 2-leaps mechanics to get around...

they are, by far, the easiest spec to pick up and play. they are considerably more forgiving than PTs (which are also easy to pick up and play). of course it takes time and skill to maximize any AC. and I say this as someone who very casually picks up and plays his juggs. I have two of them b/c they're so easy that it's my instant "2nd AC" after I've leveled up my troopers/BHs. they're fun. they're very forgiving. they can dmg. they can tank. and skanking in regs is awesome since there's no matchmaking or respecing.

juggernauts aren't fotm never will be the only spec for this class thats ever been close to fotm is tank spec and it was literally for 1 move in ranked. Even when smash monkeys were around it was most sents that ppl QQed about as smashy juggs go down fast still do. Vigilance imo is the only spec that above average for them and it used to be absolute garbage before. What it has is great opener sticking power and sustained sticking power it has the next best sticking power after AP powertechs coupled with sustained root pressure every 12 secs after oepner if u choose to ravage on leap in, they have great team utility with if taken freezing force speed boost or life saving intercede. As for the amount of juggernauts/guardians this shouldnt shock anyone its the number one iconic class in all of star wars..

The only thing that's currently overpowered on juggernauts and gaurdians is pool hatred and gather strentgh this utility either needs to be heroic or needs to be brought back down to 5% instead of 10% or lower the stack limit potential 50% damage boost on abilites that consume focus is far to strong and has insane uptime especially in 8v8 where movement imparing effects are going out left and right

I can only speak for myself, but I found Vanguard way friendlier than a Guardian. Guardian, I have such a hard time playing on that I gave up shortly after reaching 60,when it was max level. Vanguard I keep playing on and have a bit of a hope to manage one day. Guardian just have too many priorities to manage well on imo. Staying on targets with ccs and roots; rotating DCDs; 2-leaps mechanics to get around...

Try vigilance instead of focus, vigilance is much easier, it has half the abilities and is practically swimming in focus it feels like, you also don't have multiple buffs and stuff to tract just 1 proc that resests master strike (will never be able to think of it as blade dance) it also has better survivability.

As a jugg mainer I agree to nerf. Make ED 10 stacks again for 10 seconds, so ops/sins/sorcs can just throw mezz and /laugh.

Nerf damage of vengeful slam, make it completely useless, same as orbital strike.

Nerf ravage, it's obviously damages too much. Even noob-jugg can easily kill top-3 madness sorc. Also I'm tired of juggs topping the pve dps charts.

Just do everything to stop these FOTM-threads.

PS: also we are best class for team-ranked, not working as intented.

Edited by DerSchneider