Am I missing out on much by skipping the planetary arcs?

ScitrarLives

Hey guys,

I resubscribed after playing for a month or two several years ago because I was interested in seeing KotFE. I've been playing as a Jedi Consular, and because I've been doing heroics and a few flashpoints, I'm already lvl 62 at Voss. Because of this I've been skipping the planetary arcs on the last few planets. The one on Voss seems kind of interesting, but I still can't bring myself to do it. I'm more interested in the overall story anyways. I just wanted to check and make sure I wasn't going to miss anything crucial by skipping them. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I resubscribed after playing for a month or two several years ago because I was interested in seeing KotFE. I've been playing as a Jedi Consular, and because I've been doing heroics and a few flashpoints, I'm already lvl 62 at Voss. Because of this I've been skipping the planetary arcs on the last few planets. The one on Voss seems kind of interesting, but I still can't bring myself to do it. I'm more interested in the overall story anyways. I just wanted to check and make sure I wasn't going to miss anything crucial by skipping them. Thanks!

Depends on the planet. I liked the Taris(republic), Voss, Belsavis(Republic), Tatooine(empire) and Alderaan Story arcs. Most others are tough to even remember.

To be honest, I was never really that much of a fan of them. I never really liked the way you had to bounce between them.

Class Story: "Help! Everything you've worked for is at risk and (insert major character here) is trapped someplace with a bomb that's about to go off!"

Planet Arc: "****! Okay! I'll be there as soon as I can... I just have to do these like... four things first!"

On the whole they are good stories. I have recently been playing a new character (on a new server to see just how easy everything is to a newbie). I have been skipping them as well - since I just got to Alderan and I am level 42 (just from class story and the heroics on each planet).

They made enough of an impression that I generally remember them when I see the quest giver. One of my favorites was on Tatooine (the Thing that Czerka Found) - either Imp or Rep.

There are some I ALWAYS do.... (Imp Taris, Nar Shada, Balmorria....Pub Alderaan & Voss) And some planets get skipped (stares at Hoth)

My advice is to do em ALL at least once...that way you can figure out which ones YOU like and wouldn't mind seeing again on future playthroughs.

Ever done Pub Tat? I actually like that one...maybe it's just because it was broken in beta and the story closure drove me nuts for months, but it's the one I always do.

Depends, I would suggest doing them one time. But if you are like me I have seen them toooooooooooo many times so I skip them now. The heroics have helped in this for me that I can do the heroics and the class mission and then moved to the next planet.

I would not skip Voss, unless they changed this, you will need to do a mission in order to get a datacron in the temple of healing. Without doing that one mission (can't remember the name) you can't access the datacron. Of course if you already have it then not a problem.

Edited by casirabit

And you miss out on building companion influence through the dialogue choices (which you can fix by buying them gifts but the quests are "cheaper").

The hours of your life are worth more than credits. That having been said, play the arcs once per side, if you like them...continue to play them.

I'm running out the rest of my months subscription redoing the class stories, and I'm enjoying it so much more without the planet stories. Honestly partner, you are not missing a thing by skipping them. It adds nothing to your character and quite frankly alleviates a lot of irritation.

Hey guys,

Yes you are if you want to earn more basic crystals. Those planetary/side missions give 5 crystals (or more IIRC) not counting the credits you can earn and XP. Remember, these crystals are what is needed to keep your gear updated and get when you reach level 65. Keep that in mind.

Hey guys,

yeah. you are missing story content. is it worth the bother? it will depend on what you are looking for. planetary story arcs are good imho. worth (for me) doing it one time at least. you can go back and do it after you ding 65 I think. :)

Edited by TheMadProphet

There are some I ALWAYS do.... (Imp Taris, Nar Shada, Balmorria....Pub Alderaan & Voss) And some planets get skipped (stares at Hoth)

My advice is to do em ALL at least once...that way you can figure out which ones YOU like and wouldn't mind seeing again on future playthroughs.

U R STRIN @ WOT M8? What are you talking about? Hoth is full of Chiss! <3 And we all know that Chiss are love! Chiss are Life! :p

Edited by TheMadProphet

Ever done Pub Tat? I actually like that one...maybe it's just because it was broken in beta and the story closure drove me nuts for months, but it's the one I always do.

I love the Tat story and found the interesting part of it basically being the same story for both sides, but with a different journey.