Patch 1.0.1. Thoughts?

WarTornPanda

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Love how people are kicking up that it's a minor patch. How many of you *********** want to work over Christmas to get fixes out? I wouldn't. I'd sit back, put my feet up, count the large sum of money from all the fools that bought Collector's Edition, and then crack on with it after New Year.

They chose to launch at christmas so they get to work through christmas to fix bugs that have been known and reported since beta.

Love how people are kicking up that it's a minor patch. How many of you *********** want to work over Christmas to get fixes out? I wouldn't. I'd sit back, put my feet up, count the large sum of money from all the fools that bought Collector's Edition, and then crack on with it after New Year.

That's not how the video game industry works... at all...

Everyone wants to be a video game developer. You either work the hours or step aside for someone else to take your spot. I'm going to school for it right now and that is the cold reality of the situation.

The only bug that matters to me right now are the gathering nodes, so I'm glad that got fixed. So long as they get around to fixing major quest bugs before I run into them, that's fine with me. I don't treat MMOs like a full-time job, so it's not like I'll be rushing to level 50.

lol... here goes a GRAND PLAN of releasing major title like this just before christmas!

On another positive note. I would expect a LARGE patch to come down the pipe next tuesday or the next. It is now after Christmas and devs should now be a little more rested and refocused after spending some quality time with their families.....something they have been deprived of while slaving over this GAME for you greedy and whiny consumers.

For the money they are making, hell ya I would LOVE to work X-mas day X-mas eve and every day in between <see what i did there>

Also, the "I wouldn't" part of your post just reveals the type of person you are.

PATCH WAS HORRIBLE WITH NO REAL CHANGES OR FIXS TO ACT ANY OTHER WAY IS A JOKE.

well i guess beta testers failed or they didn't do anything with the list on all the alpha and beta testing.. don't get me wrong I like the game.. and there lots of things they have done well.. but some basic stuff seems to be complete oversight..
Actually, many of the bugs from the beta have already been fixed - just no patch notes for them.

The game has already undergone significant improvments & while it still has a few minor bugs - 99% of gameplay is fully functional for those still leveling different classes (As most would be) - just the end game has a few problems.

It's only been out a week, give them a little more time before bashing them - if the major bugs are still here after a month - then you can get the pitchforks, but until then - level some alts, see the story & relax.

They added their kids names to the end credits.

I like how they said "remaining" baby names ..... kind of like they lost a few during development.

Somewhere, out there, a group of babies are wandering free with no names added to the list.

There are some classes that cannot complete the class quest line, and hence cant get into some end game flashpoints (i.e. ilum) - bugs that have been present since beta. I would have thought they would be high priority fixes, I guess Bioware thinks adding more 'baby names in end credits' is more important.

They do what they want to do and dont listen the community...simple as that

Well going to play something else when Crapware fix my final quest line ill be back...nothing do to...really impressive Bioware really impressive :mad:

vanilla WoW was featureless, buggy and clunky.

This game is one week old, runs very well, is feature rich, and already patched.

They actually fixed the resource nodes.

They are addressing questing/progression fixes.

The GUI will hopefully be addressed more aggressively in future patches.

I think they (BW) are doing well with their FIRST MMO.

Bioware - Please open a suggestion box forum where we can share our two cents in a constructive way.

Gonna check the Slicing to see how bad it got hit. Otherwise, I'm glad they're fixing the gathering nodes in general. It's sad to travel a planet and know that only 1 of 5 nodes can actually be mined from.

Still, the game has other significant issues that need to be resolved. Quickly.

On another positive note. I would expect a LARGE patch to come down the pipe next tuesday or the next. It is now after Christmas and devs should now be a little more rested and refocused after spending some quality time with their families.....something they have been deprived of while slaving over this GAME for you greedy and whiny consumers.

and here starts pipe dreaming.... after spectacularly dissapointing launch, fanbois switch to pipe dream mode - a huge contnent patch is just around the corner! it must be true!

A lot of problems take time to fix. You can't expect them to fix all the issues in the first week. They put in here what they could fix on short notice I reckon. Most games don't even do that one week after release.

I am sure there are more fixes on the way, but they need to investigate problems, find solutions, test them etc before bringing them to the game. So, perhaps it's not what you hoped for, but it's already more than I am used to from MMOs.

Re-iteration:

No hardmode flashpoint bug fixes.

No fix to Sith Sorcs/BHs who can't update their final class quest.

No confirmation on randomly slapped on enrage timers.

I don't care about combat logging, DPS meters or the like being put into the game yet. I do however care about crushing bugs.

I don't know who lied to some people, but all of the bugs have been reported by hundreds of people almost a year ago, nothing has changed, don't expect it to happen overnight. Biowares priorities aren't exactly in proper order. I don't know what else to tell you guys, other than, WE TOLD YOU SO, lol