Patch 1.0.1. Thoughts?

WarTornPanda

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts? Well. Slicing did NOT need a nerf.

Also, I'm so glad they got the rest of the baby names in there. time. well. spent.

Finally, yay for bug fixes. I'm definitely in the fix-bugs-first camp when it comes to the bugs vs new content debate.

It is an appropriate patch to fix a lot of bugs that need fixing. Slicing frankly needed a big nerf. I think the nerfing of the Boarding Party was probably unnecessary; the fight was difficult but doable with a top group. Considering WHERE in the chain of flashpoints it comes, however, it is very understandable that a nerf might be coming.

Overall, good patch (and thanks for fixing Kira's progression).

Also, I'm so glad they got the rest of the baby names in there. time. well. spent.

Finally, yay for bug fixes. I'm definitely in the fix-bugs-first camp when it comes to the bugs vs new content debate.

You're just seething with sarcasm.

lol... and yet, week after release we have tons of 50's running around twiddling their thumbs - all content has been beaten and most dedicated people are nearly fully equipped in the best available gear.... BW should have sticked to single player games dude

A game that went 5 years in development doesn't cater to people who want to rush through the content? Bioware will never release any more high end content? Oh my gosh!! The sky is falling!!!!!!

I wonder if any of the people posting the update is crap etc.. have any idea how hard it is to find and fix bugs without causing adverse side effects, the time needed to do it. Even though Bioware may have 100 people in development each person can only fix one thing at a time, you an't have 100 people working on one thing - it doesn't work that way.

Think of it like this you have MS Word open with a 100 page document in them 100 pages is a spelling mistake that isn't picked up by spell checker, you have to go through it word by word line by line to find it and then correct it. BUT once you have corrected it you then have to re arrange the current paragraph and so on. It takes time, we've just had the launch - the server queues and stability were top priority along with getting everyone INTO the game. Once that's done I'm guessing its fix some of the game breaking bugs picked up first.

As time goes on we'll start seeing more and more hot fixes and patches.

I'm glad that despite the launch not going smoothly and it been the Holidays there actually working on it.

To be fair... It probably took all of about 2 minutes to add those names. Trust me, I have my gripes with the game, but that isn't one of them.

No fix to level 50 BHs/Sith Inquisitors who can't get access to Ilum because their class quest doesn't update.

No fix to several bugged Hardmode Flashpoints.

~~ annoying.

+1

6 hours for baby names, and PvP xp nerfs.

I can handle bugs, lag spikes, guild broken even the giant quees...but:

THE MAIN STORYLINE FINAL QUEST BROKEN ITS UNACCEPTABLE

People getting Ilum normaly, BUT NOT who chose to play Sith Inquisitor or BH...UNACCEPTABLE

There is zero mention of any of the major bugs that have been plaguing us for the past 2 weeks. This is just unacceptable. They have had a month since early access ended to get a patch ready and all they have for us is adding baby names to the credits.

This just disgusting. Its a real red flag for how we should expect the rest of SWTOR to play out as well. If they can't get it right at the start they won't ever be able to catch up.

I would consider this a minor bug update, nothing more. dont care about christmas or devs working, we payd enough to expect things to be less buggy...

No Darth title fix, im only 33 but still...

No getting booted to char screen when entering warfronts.....this should be a major issue and addressed accordingly. This sometime persists entire evenings so many cant do warfronts.

Lousy market ui

no guildbank

etc...etc.

Lots of stuff that should have been fixed/upgraded before launch. I dont expect a bug free new mmo release, but some of the stuff is just.....*** really ?? its 2011 dudes :eek:

i cant believe they haven't fixed the mako companion bug for bounty hunters.

on completion of the great hunt u get like 5-7 quests with her at the same time.

u where supposed to get these throughout leveling and affection gains

i submitted bug reports and still haven't fixed it really is bad

sad that slicing got nerfed.. just got my inquisitor to level 10 last night and was powerleveling slicing up to like level 80, was hoping to send out my companion a few times while at work.. this even viable for making money anymore?

i have noticed sometimes i get maybe 2x more credits than what i spend.. but if they are making the rewards less and i only get like 1.5x more, sometimes less, or fail... makes me nervous that I would even make anything off of it.

Love how people are kicking up that it's a minor patch. How many of you *********** want to work over Christmas to get fixes out? I wouldn't. I'd sit back, put my feet up, count the large sum of money from all the fools that bought Collector's Edition, and then crack on with it after New Year.

There are some classes that cannot complete the class quest line, and hence cant get into some end game flashpoints (i.e. ilum) - bugs that have been present since beta. I would have thought they would be high priority fixes, I guess Bioware thinks adding more 'baby names in end credits' is more important. Edited by Roceh

while there are certainly some high priority bugs and fixes that need to be sorted asap, as long as they roll out patches like this on a frequent basis (weekly/bi-weekly) then i don't see any problem.

frequent small incrimental patches >>> infrequent big fix patches.

This right here folks, if you remember the early days of WoW, waiting months for a fix because it was being rolled up into a massive patch that needed to be tested for 5-8 weeks before it could be released, no freakin thanks, fix a few things here, a few things there, if you havnt noticed they have been fixing small bugs almost everyday since launch.

Love how people are kicking up that it's a minor patch. How many of you *********** want to work over Christmas to get fixes out? I wouldn't. I'd sit back, put my feet up, count the large sum of money from all the fools that bought Collector's Edition, and then crack on with it after New Year.

They released before Newyear/Christmas so they have to deal with it. If they didnt want to work they shouldn't have released it so early.

The patch is a waste of time, lets fix things like the heroic flash points which people want to go in not just some pointless pet fixes. Plus i cant see why these bosses cant be hot fixed overnight, This game has no real support and the GM ticket system is dire at best. I would like to see who read them emails because i bet he aint human.

A game that went 5 years in development doesn't cater to people who want to rush through the content? Bioware will never release any more high end content? Oh my gosh!! The sky is falling!!!!!!

week after release, let me repeat: ALL CONTENT HAS BEEN BEATEN....

all they can do now is add a scenario here and there, in 3 month intervals.... game is going to be dead in 6 months...sky is falling indeed