Europe Maintenance Time: Make a stand!!

TheRogueAmigo

Swings and roundabouts.

Ok today I'm off but normally I'd be at work during this

Personally I'd like a 4am-10am EU-time downage

+1 for taking EU into account though

note: The EU is that small country outside of America

im an american and that was funny... the sad thing is some americans would buy that.. i weep for this countries future... knowing that one day my peers will be in charge of this country

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A time between 12-6 CST = 5-11 GTM could be a compromise. Separate times for Europe and America would be the best sollution, but it is maybe too soon for them to manage it.

I understand, that the maintenances are necessary, but it realy could happen in some less annoying time, you are taking nearly the whole day from us...

I have about as much sympathy for Europeans as they do for Americans. Which is to say, none.

I think we gave up on America for some very good reasons, its not like many people from America care or even know about anything beyond their corner of the World.

Hey I've decided to make a stand against European server maintenance at 10am in the morning. Before I say anything else let me just say BW I understand you have patches to implement and I don't mind that. What I Do mind is forking money out for a game that once a week I can't play.

So this is what I purpose. Everyone on the European server's that this annoys, say something on this thread! Even if its just a +1, to let BW no you are seriously unhappy about this!

:mad: "Second Class EU customer's, paying more for less" :mad:

NO MORE!

They will Never change this.

But...

Still...

I sure like to see this done at night time.

A) We're the majority, you're the minority.

B) US and EU can play cross-region, which means everyone gets the patch at the same time.

A + B = Maintenance when US players aren't on.

Do you actually know this? Is there any proof at all? Its easy to say US has a bigger gamer base than EU, however looking at PS3 sales. 16 million EU, 13 million US.

Granted ps3 & swtor are very different. I am just giving an example where EU gamers outnumber US gamers.

Fair enough is US does actually outnumber EU, they should get a better time. However do US really need 1-3am gaming time? Surely by starting maintenance at 1am on a monday or even 12am, there would be much less obstruction than 1/2-4pm in UK or 2/3-5pm in EU.

Yeah, it went down at 1900 my time. I really don't feel for you guys, since it went down during a time when a lot of people would be at work or at school anyways. At least you get to play during the evening. We also don't need multiple new topics about this all over the boards.

A time between 12-6 CST = 5-11 GTM could be a compromise. Separate times for Europe and America would be the best sollution, but it is maybe too soon for them to manage it.

I understand, that the maintenances are necessary, but it realy could happen in some less annoying time, you are taking nearly the whole day from us...

That would start at 10pm Pacific which means it won't happen. Learn to like the times they're using now, as they are unlikely to change.

That's fair enough. However is there actual figures that state america>Europe for subscriptions? Its like when Sony prefers US over EU, even though PS3 base is bigger in EU. Makes no sense to me.

Lastly, 12-3am is peak time in America? Surely peak time is around 6-11pm? It just seems like Bioware picked 4am-10am to be least obstructive to US & didn't really consider EU.

See, this is a great point.

I'm serious, there is little more to add. Read above post.

Read it again.

This is the usual American culture fail issue.

They never have patches and maintenance on their holidays, but they are too dumb to realize that the rest of the world/UK/Oz/NZ/Canada take between Christmas and New Year as a holiday. The other EU countries, France/Germany/etc. tend to take holidays too. The result is a potential player base of 1 billion customers being frozen out to the favour of the 300 million Yankees in the cultural backwater.

A complete lack of common sense has been applied by the people in charge.

Interfaces change, content changes, exploits are patched, etc. etc. You never mix versions. This is S.O.P. in basically every game.

And how does this matter if you can't play the same characters on different region servers?

Re: patch exploits. This has no bearing on anything. Developers are under no obligation to list OR specify what kind of exploits are fixed so people with a later patch time could abuse. If you've seen exploit patch notes before you will know just how completely vague they can be, if they're included at all.

You're just defending this by saying 'that's how it's always been done' which certainly doesn't mean it's the best/most optimal way.

TLDR: doing separate maint is entirely possible.

I'm just calling out the numskulls telling everyone to get a job. Are some people that shallow to think that all jobs are 9-5 type jobs? You do realize some people work different shifts, including graveyard shifts no? Just because you're on at a certain time, doesn't mean you have no job. Goodness, it's like talking to grade-schoolers. This isn't rocket science. Edited by Jediwran