1+ hours on waiting for an operation through the group finder on harbinger ....

Skaara

Wait, you got a pop in an hour?

But really, what do you expect? Serious raiders aren't likely to PUG, and casuals aren't likely to engage in a two-to-three+ hour game mode that requires 8 players to work in tandem. It's just not going to happen. So really, a pop in an hour is pretty damn good, imho.

You should raise your standards .. 1 hour is completely unacceptable. But I also remember once upon a time when I was happy with the scraps from the table too.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should raise your standards .. 1 hour is completely unacceptable. But I also remember once upon a time when I was happy with the scraps from the table too.

Compared to waiting and not getting a pop at all back when Ops first hit group finder?

Besides, check Fleet genchat and you'll find Pugs forming all the time, even if it's not through GF. (At least on my server.) Hell, last night, there were 3-4 groups forming at the same time!

Compared to waiting and not getting a pop at all back when Ops first hit group finder?

Besides, check Fleet genchat and you'll find Pugs forming all the time, even if it's not through GF. (At least on my server.) Hell, last night, there were 3-4 groups forming at the same time!

I don't need the handouts from fleet. I have my own guild full of real life raiding friends. This thread was done just to make a point. The defensive reactions tells me I am on point. Thanks for the bump though ;)

Edited by Skaara

I don't need the handouts from fleet. I have my own guild full of real life raiding friends. This thread was done just to make a point. The defensive reactions tells me I am on point. Thanks for the bump though ;)

Lol, all i hear from you is you made a point. Care to finally tell us your point? Most raiders will never use GF, because there will always be high chance to get together with undergeared or bad players, not matter what will BW do. So what is your point exactly?

Lol, all i hear from you is you made a point. Care to finally tell us your point? Most raiders will never use GF, because there will always be high chance to get together with undergeared or bad players, not matter what will BW do. So what is your point exactly?

I'm done with you. Scroll back through the pages and use your reading comprehension and figure it out. When you respond with something that is actually worth taking the time to reply to I will do that.

Edited by Skaara

He started the thread...despite what you may think, GF DID pop for DPS on Harb until recently. This has NOTHING to do with guilds or groups vs. PuGs...it's about the sad reality that even Harb can't support GF like it had been doing. GF not popping for DPS is common as hell on EVERY server but Harb...until now.

nothing about that is denial.

[...]

so, join a guild or suck less.

Exactrly THIS is the problem : Would be the ration PUG / Guild players in en GroupFinder OP be around 50 : 50 , then the PUG players could actually learn a lot more. At least I think so.

But instead, guilds stay in their own secluded realm, leaving the PUGs to their own ghetto.

Both don't mix. As if PUgs were an illness.

In the end, this is unhealthy to the game. Especially regarding the fact that guilds alone (OPs = Guild-only content ?) cannot keep the whole game alive. There might be a *lot* of guilds - but I bet that the number of PUG players is even greater ...

Both *need* to mix, or else we get some kind of racism.

Most raiders will never use GF, because there will always be high chance to get together with undergeared or bad players, not matter what will BW do.

This is exactly the kind of "racism" I meant.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I have a solution, Tactical Operations.

OMG!!! QUICK!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT THIS!!!

This idea is just lazy enough and requires almost zero resources, that it's sure to be next if they read it. Bioware will introduce this idea as an "exiting new way to play" if you don't....

Sorry to hear about that. I found good guild where we have fun. We raid, but not too seriously. I hope you will also get into one you might like.

Sorry for what reason? because i'm not in a guild? really?, sigh, then you didn't get my point.. :rolleyes:

Edited by psikofunkster

He started the thread...despite what you may think, GF DID pop for DPS on Harb until recently. This has NOTHING to do with guilds or groups vs. PuGs...it's about the sad reality that even Harb can't support GF like it had been doing. GF not popping for DPS is common as hell on EVERY server but Harb...until now.

First time i hear this in the thread. As i am not from Harbinger i did not know that and noone ever said it. If it is true i can understand him, but if he said it from the begining we could saved a lot of time. Because hour on my server is normal in prime time.

Edited by ShawDou

At the end of the day this just needs to be fixed. This is the main stop for most people as they get to this point and then one of a few things will happen. They will roll a new character to explore the other stories or they quit. And even then there are only so many stories to explore and then they quit. I'm pretty sure this is met with such resistance because the main raiders want to keep the status quo where they keep everyone out of their precious content so they can sit on fleet gloating how they have stuff or titles or whatever. It's selfish. The game is too easy so no one learns the game and experienced raiders are too good to teach anyone anything and prefer to look down their noses at everyone.

And people wonder why the metrics show that people mainly play class stories and leveling.

Thank Jesus the internet wasn't around way back in the day when games existed when you had like 3 lives to beat the entire game and you had to learn how to play. All those epic moments and boss fights that would have been trivialized by the filthy casuals.

can you imagine if donkey kong had a forum in the 80s?

'elevators2 is too hard i lose at least two lifes!'

'mario needs a buff!'

'people are exploiting the bars next to kong to rack up points and bouncing off an invisible floor and grabbing the hammer!!!! fix it nintendo!!!1!'

Disclosure: It's been a very long time since I've joined a que with people I don't know.

But when I did, my tank never waited more than five minutes for it to pop.

One of the reasons I quit was because I got tired of DPS queing as healers just to get a faster pop, then not even trying to heal.

Same old story: Want to que faster? Roll a tank -- and expect to use your self-heals. I won't recommend rolling a healer because you'll catch the blame for the wipe when the DPS who qued as a tank fails at his job.

Edited by Thompsons

Does the OP even understand that he is raging on and insulting players for doing...the exact same thing he is doing?

If everyone queuing for pug ops groups is a sucky single player "bad", and you are queuing for pug ops.....

Edited by SootyTX

/sigh .. I give up. Enjoy your lack of end game and no more operations because the metrics will never show enough interest in it. When the time comes and you can no longer stomach running the same tired ops over and over make sure you take a good long look in the mirror and put the blame where it belongs. Edited by Skaara

/sigh .. I give up. Enjoy your lack of end game and no more operations because the metrics will never show enough interest in it.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Even as a DPS, I've never waited more than a couple minutes in finding a group to PUG stuff on fleet. If you are just sitting in group finder hoping enough people in the right roles jump in, you're delaying your own enjoyment.