Server Restarts - 12/22

TaitWatson

Woot, I thought you were on vacation already. :eek:

Nevertheless, a server restart is appreciated so the lag doesn't add up during the holidays like last year. Hopefully, we'll get another restart in the next 1-2 weeks as well.

Edited by Jerba

LOL - it's a restart guys, there will be no fixes.

What is broken now will remain so until January - they will not attempt any fixes on the 22nd December when their staff will not be back in the building until 4th January at the earliest.

LOL - it's a restart guys, there will be no fixes.

What is broken now will remain so until January - they will not attempt any fixes on the 22nd December when their staff will not be back in the building until 4th January at the earliest.

That's why we complain! :mad:

Hey folks,

We're going to be restarting all servers tomorrow (12/22) around 7AM PST (3PM GMT). The downtime will be less than an hour.

The website will also be unavailable briefly during this window.

Thanks!

Thanks for the information. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Enjoy this time with your friends and family.

Hey folks,

We're going to be restarting all servers tomorrow (12/22) around 7AM PST (3PM GMT). The downtime will be less than an hour.

Thanks!

Any chance you guys could get around to actually fixing the game :rolleyes:

Let them enjoy the holidays. Everyone needs a vacation, and I think they deserve it more than anyone else seeing how much the community complains about every little thing.

Oh really...How many exploitable glitches have they managed to miss this year and that's not counting all the extra bugs and issues. If anything they should be putting in extra shifts...

Hey folks,

Thanks!

"...for reasons we don't care enough to tell you."

Let them enjoy the holidays. Everyone needs a vacation, and I think they deserve it more than anyone else seeing how much the community complains about every little thing.

That's right. I can't think of anyone more deserving for vacation time than game developers... :rolleyes:

That's right. I can't think of anyone more deserving for vacation time than game developers... :rolleyes:

I know that when non-game devs fail spectacularly at work, not once, but again and again, the first thing they deserve is a long paid vacation. Is BW run by the Feds now?

Maybe the restart will some more random people back. That would be a great Christmas present.

US SITH DO NOT BELIEVE IN EARTHLY PAGAN HOLIDAYS. GET BACK TO WORK, SLAVE DEVS! :D

lol

Edited by lightningseven

US SITH DO NOT BELIEVE IN EARTHLY PAGAN HOLIDAYS. GET BACK TO WORK, SLAVE DEVS! :D

lol

Uhm you DO kow that Sith beliefs would constitute as "pagan" right?

And Sith more than anybody enjoy a bit of Holiday cheer, love and passion. It's the worthless emotionless cold fish murderers JEDI that don't believe in earthly pagan holidays. There is no emotion there is peace... *cough bullsheit, cough* :rak_03:

And you look very much like a Jedi on the bend in your avatar... O,o

Edited by Baalzie

Server restarts I hope you can avoid any rollbacks this time.

But no patch seriously, with the amount of bugs in this game since 4.0 launched means we could easily be getting weekly fix patches but no the last patch we had was 2 weeks ago, what exactly are your bugs team doing? have they really not fixed a single thing in 2 weeks of work?

With items such as romances not being recognised going forward it really makes me not want to play this game over the holiday season :mad:

You have turned this game into a story game (no a worry in my mind) these sort of things needed fixing ASAP who really wants to do a romance and go on to KoTFE only to find it has not recognised what you have done in the game.

Edited by Jedi_riches

I find the lack of generosity towards other human beings...interesting.

The game has bugs and things do need fixing and improving, but once a year I think it's ok to have a little grain of generosity towards the devs and their families and as such be ok with them having some time off around the holidays. If even at this time of the year you can only focus on your own first world issues in a computer game, well, let's just say it's really sad if that's the case.

I spent some time grinding 1000000 credits from Oricon missions and slicing nodes so I could buy the Basic Women's Underwear on the GTN to unlock it in my collection. Its not working. I cant unlock the set. I sent tickets to CS and no reply or fix yet. I hope the restart fix it somehow, but I doubt that. Please look into this Bioware. I want to be able to use my granny pants! :o

:mad:

Edited by TheMadProphet

I find the lack of generosity towards other human beings...interesting.

The game has bugs and things do need fixing and improving, but once a year I think it's ok to have a little grain of generosity towards the devs and their families and as such be ok with them having some time off around the holidays. If even at this time of the year you can only focus on your own first world issues in a computer game, well, let's just say it's really sad if that's the case.

While I'm all for generosity towards other human beings, I don't really understand your point of view.

It's a global service, people can play 24/24 7/7 365/365. When a company decides to go into such a business, I expect as a customer that someone will be able to handle problems all the time, so even during holidays. There's plenty of people that are available even during holidays, many people for many different reasons don't really care about x-max or new year.

The fact that some problems aren't handled now is their (EA/BW) choice to be cheap.

you should also take some vacations.....from the forums...just saying ;)

Edited by psikofunkster