When are you seeing The Force Awakens?

MopSopS

You liked it?

Yes.

I didn't go "whoa, incredible", but nothing was out of place, making it an enjoyable ride, equally from the beginning to the end. There's maybe one scene where there's a detail I went "why ?", but it didn't alter the scene overall.

Though afterwards, it can give this feeling that it is made so that anyone can enjoy it without having watched prior movies, if you pay attention to it. Which is maybe the reason why I haven't been astonished, as someone who doesn't need to learn the basics. But reminders are done the classy way, so it doesn't feel like replaying a tutorial.

3D was clean. Not the kind to push you far deep in your seat, just a little depth feel, which is right IMO, since it's not a Michael Bay sensation movie.

Story wise, without spoiling, there's a character that may be disliked. No particular feelings coming from me, but I forsee some debates. Well, I think there was debates since trailers already.

Really? Im hearing nothing but good things about it, even my friends are saying its amazing and they LOVE the ot

And I love the OT as much as the next fan boy, but this was just such a let down.

I woke up this morning as giddy as school boy. I was very excited, but it was so anticlimactic from beginning to end.

I hate feeing this way about this movie, because I really wanted and needed it to be awesome..but imo it's the very opposite.

But judge for yourself. I hope you love it mate :-).

Story wise, without spoiling, there's a character that may be disliked. No particular feelings coming from me, but I forsee some debates. Well, I think there was debates since trailers already.

I know exactly who you are reffering to..

Really? Im hearing nothing but good things about it, even my friends are saying its amazing and they LOVE the ot

If your friends only watched the movies and nothing else, like playing this game or read any of the expanded lore then yes many would say it's amazing.

However I foresee a lot of heated debate between mainstream film goers and actual Star wars fans.

I will see the film when all the hype dies down and probably expect all the oh's and ah's to replaced with false cynicism as people will say this movie wasn't as good especially when the sequels come out.

I know for a fact that from watching the OT as a child and the prequels as a young adult that the first film in the new saga is kinda meh.

But I would have to see it first, though I will enjoy dissecting and reading discussions like A New Hope and the Phantom Menace gave us.

If this plays out like the rest then the 3rd film should be quite finish. Then again maybe Disney won't end it so they can keep printing new toys?

at the earliest i will likely see it on jan 18th. my birthday. likely wont have money before then. which is ok with me. theaters may be more quiet by then. and as i love spoilers. i will hopefully know every bit of the movie long before i ever watch it.

Saw it last night. Was bloody good, I enjoyed every moment of it, the jokes, the music and all the throwbacks. Some minor complaints but all in all a great ride.

I loved every second of it, one of the only tiny issues I have is...

... that Phasma got so underused. She has one of the coolest, bad-assiest armours ever, a great actress voicing her, and she gets discarded so quickly and easily I was a bit surprised. I kinda hope we haven't seen the last of her.

*EDIT* Just saw an article with K. Kennedy stating they have long-term plans for Phasma... phew! :)

Edited by wolfyde

. Not the kind to push you far deep in your seat, just a little depth feel, which is right IMO, since it's not a Michael Bay sensation movie.

JJ Abrams said he doesn't like 3D and prefers 2D. lol 40 minute interview with Howard Stern *a few f-bombs* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-H_VXm8SU

That interview gives you a human look at JJ Abrams, he's a regular guy that gets asked to direct really big movies.

When will I see TFA?

Well, maybe when some friend gets it on DVD... or I'll wait till it's shown on free TV. If I will see it at all.

Not gonna pay for this one, propably not watch it at all. Instead, I think I'll take my copys of the Thrawn Trilogy and read them (and some other of the EU books), the real continuation of the Star Wars Saga. This Disney/Jar Jar Abrams-BS-Movie ain't canon, not in my world, so there's no need to hurry and watch it. Read enough about this movie to know that it sucks, and never ever should have been released.