French Community strikes back

angushammet

See....I was actually wit cha right up until this. Because that's EXACTLY the attitude I've seen from a lot of the "hardcore entitled MMO purist/Elitists" who gave those same responses to anyone who asked for more "character driven story", "more companion interactions", and "the ability to do more things solo" without someone screaming "spaaaacccebaaaarrrrr!!!!".

Things like...

*this isn't a single player game

*consoles are over there ---------->

*if you don't like the game then quit

*mmo means you should be forced to group.

:rolleyes:

We asked for these things and waited patiently while BW added multiple OP's & FP's HM/NiM, PvP maps, GSF, QoL housing and other improvements catered to everyone except the solo player. It was nearly FOUR YEARS b4 we (solo players) started getting things we'd asked for. So excuse me if I seem uncaring to your dilemma....but at this point, I honestly don't care.

My suggestion......you should pay specific attention too the part underlined in bold.....that works both ways.

As far as your movement.....I don't know how things work in France ( I've only been once when we were on tour ;) ), but in America.....money talks...other forms of protest get largely ignored and quickly forgotten.

Trolls exist on both sides of the debate, and if you had quoted further down my post you would have acknowledged that I said precisely that. However you then talked about asking for more character-driven story and more companion interactions and being able to do more things solo and that's where the wheels come off.

When did you get the most character-driven story in the history of the game? Launch of the game. When did you get more character-driven story in the history of the game? Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Titans of Industry. The Dread War. Forged Alliances. Shadow of Revan. Rise of the Emperor. Knights of the Fallen Empire. All of those patches or expansions had at least some element of story in them. The only one that didn't have any solo story in it at all was Forged Alliances, and said discrepancy was remedied by Shadow of Revan turning all of those flashpoints into having solo instances. It we go back to before 2.0 I could name even more patches that had at least some story element in them. It may not have been much, but it was there and some of those had a great deal of story content in them.

Story is the basis of the game. It is the start of things. It is necessary, but not sufficient. Doing things solo all of the time is a choice that can be made in an MMO. However it does beg the question: why are you playing an MMO if all you ever do is solo stuff? There may be a perfectly good answer to that question, but it is still a legitimate question and cause for puzzlement amongst traditional MMO players. But again Bioware listened and altered things. Soloing virtually everything has been possible since 3.0.

As for companion interactions, well that hasn't really been fulfilled at all now has it? The traditional companions don't have any story to speak of past the 1.0 content and there are still lots of them who are essentially redundant. The new companions are hardly paragons of interactivity at all. So there I think you have a very valid point.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So again I say....

Be patient. The content you want is coming...

It is not and that's the problem, nothing until end of kotfe and with the coming chapter t'il summer, it will make 2 year. Meanwhile they had promise there won't be another one year gap not so long ago.

And btw....money is power. Money makes it possible to live & survive. Some people feel they don't need a lot to be happy.....some people obsess over it. But they both need it to survive. And enough money will quickly fix bad press.

Your world is very sad then, if you let yourself be convince of that. But that's not the point of this thread.

You Got me so twisted cuz..... I don't have weapons drawn, I have an opinion and play style that doesn't match yours. I never said anything about "y'all should go play something else" (even tho that's apparently what you took from my post). I said for all intents and purposes "wait your turn. The content you want is coming". Just because "I" don't give a **** about & rarely run group content doesn't mean I'm not fully aware that it's needed in game. I WAS hoping y'all "demonstration" went well until ole boi started talking reckless. And then I felt the necessity to point out he had "pot meet kettle" syndrome.

But, you do not know my play style as I did not express it.

I reacted because you were reacting to davidp_newton opinion turning it the other way. As I said it is not the point, the point is that the game with no pvpers and pvers is dead, cause the large majority a community builds are from them. And they have already quit the ship for some and bioware is killing the rest.

MMo are like ecosystem, you can't kill species and hope nothing will change. As i said we may have different way of enjoying the game, the fact is that the game should have expansion which add content for the whole community, not one part, whatsoever the community ( PVP PVE Story) it is.

Sorry but one year of work to give us KOTFE is seriously a big joke, working in the industry i'm wondering if there is more than ten people actually working on the game right now...

Especially when, as i said, when MAKEB went out, there was content for everyone for the same interlude of time between updates.

You may love kotfe story, I don't blame you it's your choice, but you can't deny that the story is only force users oriented. You can't deny that the story is shorten than makeb ( look at the numbers, right on dulfy). And even if you did that's, again, not the point.

The point is that it is a FACT, players were already leaving, guild dying before KOTFE and it is not KOTFE that will make them stay, on the contrary. If all those guilds dies, making the last players go, you will really have your solo game, trust me. At least a few month before EA shut the server down ( not like they were use to that, right? )

And here we are, asking the WHOLE swtor community, to put prejudice aside, taking each other hand and say STOP to bioware BULL ****, to invest into the game and not only grab everything they can before shutting down the game, killing it.

Again as I said, we need each other, and we do not want anyone to have to leave because they are exclude from the game. Because if one community die, that you see it or not, the rest will also and so will the game.

You have nothing to loose, everything to win.

The more player, the longer the game will stay online.

Edited by Qui-Ju_Horth

Trolls exist on both sides of the debate, and if you had quoted further down my post you would have acknowledged that I said precisely that. However you then talked about asking for more character-driven story and more companion interactions and being able to do more things solo and that's where the wheels come off.

When did you get the most character-driven story in the history of the game? Launch of the game. When did you get more character-driven story in the history of the game? Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Titans of Industry. The Dread War. Forged Alliances. Shadow of Revan. Rise of the Emperor. Knights of the Fallen Empire. All of those patches or expansions had at least some element of story in them. The only one that didn't have any solo story in it at all was Forged Alliances, and ...snip

Lemmie stop you right there cause you're very confused.... All of the content you mentioned WAS designed and released WITH GROUPS IN MIND. EVERY one of them had content you couldn't see without grouping up for a FP or OP. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM UNTIL FORGED ALLIANCES. That's when they introduced the solo FP & GodBot. Adding story that's gated behind content only group's have access to wasn't what solo players were asking for. Your statement about "there was story..." is the exact response the mmo purist spouted every time.

Pot....meet kettle

So again I say....

It is not and that's the problem, nothing until end of kotfe and with the coming chapter t'il summer, it will make 2 year. Meanwhile they had promise there won't be another one year gap not so long ago.

You're basing this conclusion on an assumption. All we know for sure is Chapt 10 will be here in February. For all we know, we could see new OP's & PvP maps in March. Well before summer.

Your world is very sad then, if you let yourself be convince of that. But that's not the point of this thread.

Dude...you have NO IDEA. I'm from the projects of one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. I had to survive most of my life living below the poverty level. MY world is sad, dangerous, and most of us don't live past age 25 & nearly everyone has some kinda record. But yea....that's off topic.

But, you do not know my play style as I did not express it.

I reacted because you were reacting to davidp_newton opinion turning it the other way. As I said it is not the point, the point is that the game with no pvpers and pvers is dead, cause the large majority a community builds are from them. And they have already quit the ship for some and bioware is killing the rest.

You're a player who enjoys group content like OP's & PvP more than anything else in game. You do the solo stuff when necessary, but you prefer to do things with your guild.

Am I close? ;)

MMo are like ecosystem, you can't kill species and hope nothing will change. As i said we may have different way of enjoying the game, the fact is that the game should have expansion which add content for the whole community, not one part, whatsoever the community ( PVP PVE Story) it is.

You seem to think I'm here to disagree with you, troll you, or convince you not to do yo twitch thing. THIS is ALL I actually wanted to remind y'all of. That it takes ALL kinda players to keep swtor alive. To be careful how you presented your arguments so you don't alienate players who would otherwise support your cause.

Sorry but one year of work to give us KOTFE is seriously a big joke, working in the industry i'm wondering if there is more than ten people actually working on the game right now...

Especially when, as i said, when MAKEB went out, there was content for everyone for the same interlude of time between updates.

*KotFE chapters 1-9

*streamlining the leveling experience

*adding solo/tactical versions of 1-50 FP's

*level sync

*bringing current OP's & FP's to level 65 & adding bolster

*companion changes

*crafting changes

*QoL changes

And that's without me even thinking hard.. :)

Like it or not, let's at least acknowledge all they did with this last expansion. I've been in the music industry for 20yrs, and the one thing I've noticed about almost every (new) artist I've worked with is they all think they should have 25 tracks on their album, and a music video For every song they record. :confused: They don't realize there's more to it than freestyling in the booth & getting a camera, fresh car, & some pretty women. There's a LOT of behind the scenes production work involved, and that takes time. If you're in the industry, you of all people should realize this. ;)

You may love kotfe story, I don't blame you it's your choice, but you can't deny that the story is only force users oriented. You can't deny that the story is shorten than makeb ( look at the numbers, right on dulfy). And even if you did that's, again, not the point.

The point is that it is a FACT, players were already leaving, guild dying before KOTFE and it is not KOTFE that will make them stay, on the contrary. If all those guilds dies, making the last players go, you will really have your solo game, trust me. At least a few month before EA shut the server down ( not like they were use to that, right? )

Funny....because my smugglers, BH, & agent are all "force sensitive" That's why they've been able to accomplish things that would have killed anyone else. :D And I flat out hated Makeb....I still skip as much of it as possible. Where as I've played thru KotFE on 9 different characters....and I haven't spacebar'd a convo yet. ;)

Players come and go all the time....but nearly every time I log on the PvE and RP- PvE servers are always at standard or higher. PvP needs a shot of adrenaline tho. We don't know what they have planned for PvP in 2016. But even I'll be shocked of BW doesn't announce new OP's & PvP maps sometime in the beginning of January.

And here we are, asking the WHOLE swtor community, to put prejudice aside, taking each other hand and say STOP to bioware BULL ****, to invest into the game and not only grab everything they can before shutting down the game, killing it.

Again as I said, we need each other, and we do not want anyone to have to leave because they are exclude from the game. Because if one community die, that you see it or not, the rest will also and so will the game.

You have nothing to loose, everything to win.

The more player, the longer the game will stay online

Dude.... I'm not your enemy.... We both want this game to survive, prosper, and reach it's full potential. THIS is my first and only mmo. I don't want it to shut down any more than you do. The whole point of my post was to point out that if you're not careful your words can alienate people who would otherwise try to help you or support you....that's it.

Anyway...Best of luck with your event! I'm bout to go chase money.

"Kids need shoes and tha caddy needs 22's...knowhatumtalmbout?"

*drops mic & exits stage left.

Hello there,

My name is Sunie from Red Five on BM, just wanted to say we will be there because we feel the same way unfortunately. It is incredible to see that there are only about 60 people on the Fleet on Saturday nights, GF never pops, we have to wait for so long to go on PvP... and sure, everyone was looking forward to discover new operations but there were none. So I guess it is a good way to start to send a message to the devs by gathering and, why not, unsub.

What I personally dream about is another server merging or a one-and-only giant superserver. Also I would love to see operations during which we could go on 8 or 16 but with both Rep and Imp characters, that would be awesome and in the course of action of Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire.

Well, no need to debate furthermore here as I am concerned ^^ I will be there and so will my fellow guildmates. I hope we will be a lot more.

Thanks Angus for taking "le taureau par les cornes" :cool:

First of all, thak you all for your messages of support.

The debates are huge , but we mostly agree that the multiplayer content in not enough.

To answer most of your questions you sent by PM, the choice of Odessen and Battle Meditation is not random.

First of all we wanted to see if we could unite our own server, and both factions. Yes we couldn't pretend to gather the whole community of european and US player in such a short time. Manye of you didn't know about us before today ;)

And if we chose to brodcast the action on twitch with english speaking Wookiees and Wampas is so that you can participate too and show that this in not just a european issue.

As many of you proposed, if this action is a success with the french players, we could then organize an event on a US server on one of the 1st planet. This way anyone would create a level 1 character and be involved.

But so far, we hope that many of you will feel interested, coz' this is just the start. :p

May the Force be with us all.

This is funny as hell...but sadly, I think Thorgrim is also 100% right!!!!

Bioware doesn't care what you think, they have metrics to tell them what you like.

I have no idea what metrics BW has, but any metrics is better than none. And of course metrics can always be improved. I'm all for people telling BW what they think and what they want. But any one individual opinion no matter how well spoken and/or passionate is still one opinion and it would be a mistake to inflate it into more than that. Some people like to put down metrics, especially when the metrics don't happen to agree with their personal desires. That's not good business.

EA, Bioware, Eric Musco & Co se fichent bien de la communauté Française et Allemande, ils l'ont montré suffisamment à ce jour.

La démarche est fantastique, mais à l'échelle de nos serveurs, ils s'en fichent royalement ... si côté US il n'y a rien, il n'y aura rien de la part de Bioware :(

IT'S A PAY TO PAY, not a PAY TO PLAY game. Unsubscribe is the only solution today

i am pvp player and i love swtor pvp specially when it is jedi vs sith . and i am working to get to rank 100 but i feel that this is sinking ship and eaware try to milk fans as much as they can before closing down the whole thing before i tell you why i feel that way i have to say this, story content is pretty good and must be updated regularly and must remain solo able BUT:

story is part of the game development not all of it.

what about pvp??

what about group pve like ops and fp??

what about actual expansion?? with one new big planet in it which is access able not like zakkul which most part of it, is locked behind story chapters or very small odesson..no i am talking about big planet with dailies and weeklies and new event on it, you know actual real content expansion.

all these trick and traps like subscription rewards or empty promises like OP gave the example of ops.

is world ready for this?? are we ready for this??

remember the super hype and it was all about subscription reward...these kind of lies are just pathetic.

yes just like OP i think this game is slowly dying. i will play till i get to rank 100 for personal reasons.

Edited by bahramnima

I have no idea what metrics BW has, but any metrics is better than none. And of course metrics can always be improved. I'm all for people telling BW what they think and what they want. But any one individual opinion no matter how well spoken and/or passionate is still one opinion and it would be a mistake to inflate it into more than that. Some people like to put down metrics, especially when the metrics don't happen to agree with their personal desires. That's not good business.

The metrics THIS team are reading, are either flawed or misinterpreted.

The metrics THIS team are reading, are either flawed or misinterpreted.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same normal tactic most others do regularly or as needed. Claim metrics, or let people assume metrics, is the driver for what may be controversial or unpopular decisions.

For those of you about to jump my **** because you're a savvy expert after a few biz courses or watching TV: It's not conspiracy theory or necessarily sleazy behavior, just a pretty normal practice to depersonalize, defuse, and deflect.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I hardly see how being French is relevant, you could get your message across in fewer words by omitting that completely irrelevant bit of information.

how ya liking that un-nerf? I'm rolling through the content again and I think of you while I do it.

I applaud this effort.

For lots of reasons, some players don't feel like their feedback is being correctly interpreted by Bioware. Though I was sad to read today that one reason for the almost zero activity from the CMs/Devs was as a legal requirement for the company to protect their employees after death threats. On top of that, some players have no faith that Bioware are interpreting the metrics data correctly and overlooking "lack of data" as data.

So when one approach (giving feedback on the forums, filling in /bug reports, etc) feels like it isn't working... TRY SOMETHING ELSE. This is as good an attempt as any. It stands the chance of being picked up by social media and some of the news sites - and perhaps that will nudge Bioware into communicating things that players would like to know.

I wanted to step up and participate here, despite not being French and not being able to speak/read French. I levelled a Juggernaut to level 17 on the server in anticipation before I got my personal ship and realised I couldn't actually REACH Odessen (I don't have Nico and the legacy unlock now requires level 55).

The problem with everything right now is that Bioware are locked into a development cycle. I like the story. I think story is absolutely essential to stop the grind feeling like a grind. I just worry the resources just haven't been made available to do "Good Story" and "Good Something Else" and so Bioware are making the best of limited resources by focusing on a single solution to their woes.

They have committed to 16 Chapters of higher quality story and they've delivered 9 (opinion varies on the quality). I have no doubt they already have things like voice-acting and other stuff for the whole 16 chapters already ready to go. For all I know, everything about those 16 chapters is already complete and the deployment over the next 10 months is purely a business strategy. More likely though, is that Chapters 11 thru 16 (and the HK-55 chapter) are still work-in-progress.

My recollection is that Bioware said their wouldn't be any new Operations with the KotFE expansion. The glass-half-full people are leaping to the conclusion that means "at launch" and new operations are being worked on to be released early in 2016. The glass-half-empty crowd are leaping to the conclusion that means during the KotFE expansion and we'll not see any Operations before at least September 2016. I'm in the glass-broken-already camp of saying that if Bioware had any positive news about Operations, they would have already announced it just to mitigate the sh*tstorm that keeps heading their way.

Source : http://www.swtor.com/blog/operations-and-flashpoints-fallen-empire and http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=822508

But that was before the guy who wrote that blog left to work on Mass Effect.

Edit.. Oh, I found this post. It was pre the blog post...

Hey folks,

Lots of good questions around Operations! I am not going to go into details right now but, we have plans for Operations that we are pretty excited about. We will be releasing a blog in the coming weeks which should answer many of the questions that you have right now.

Thanks!

-eric

ofc, the blog post DIDN'T actually answer the main question. And the "exciting plans" could be the re-balancing of all the old raids to be current raids.

So I'm still Glass-broken-already guy.

If I can figure a way to get to Odessen, I'll try to put an extra body on the screen. If not, I hope your efforts get noticed by the right people.

This line intentionally left blank.

Edited by Woetoo

Hey Woetoo,

I just wanted to rebounce on you saying you created a toon on our server. Thank you so much for the support and if you can be there on Tuesday, maybe you could whisper to Angus or anyone on Odessen so you can group and get a tp via guildship? I will be there myself on my main Sunie so if you have a Rep toon, feel free to whisper me (this goes out to anyone).

And I apologize I did not read the end of your post, it is late and at this time, my brain is just not capable of understanding a different language than my native anymore :(

Anyways, to Angus, I told my guildmates and for the moment, we will be a small dozen. I will keep you posted.

Edited by Akcenia

Hey folks,

We know you are looking for more information on the timing of future group content. Although I cannot go into any details yet I will say this… We are actively working on a new Warzone, and we are looking to start revealing details in February (Insert my usual disclaimer of all things are subject to change). On the PvE side, we do not have anything specific to announce at this time but we will certainly share more information as we have it.

The team is hard at work on the 7 remaining Chapters in Season 1, as well as additional content, which you will get monthly starting in February. For us, it is important that all of the our content, group content included, ties into the storyline of Fallen Empire and connects to your character’s story. Story is what sets The Old Republic apart and it is important for us to deliver your personal story across all aspects of the game.

We hope that this addresses some of the concerns that you may have. As always, I will pass on updates as I have them. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thx Eric, but we think players really need more informations... We can not accept that... i'm sry...

hallo ihr lieben

leider können viele von uns kein französisch aber wir deutschen möchten dazu auch was sagen ;

Alles, was wir wollen, ist, gehört zu werden. Jetzt ist die Zeit gekommen, zu zeigen,

wir sind auch keine Minderheit, sondern dass wir sehr viele sind , und denken

das Spiel stirbt langsam wenn sich nicht sofort was ändert was den PvE Content anbelangt aus.

Wir finden es schon traurig genug das immer nur gesagt wird Ihr ändert was;

aber das was wurde den wirklich geändert.

Unseren alten Gefährten wie Treek usw. wurde alles weggenommen wie an Ausrüßtung usw. ???

Frage: Warum ?

PvE-Content mit Wüter und Tempel ist nicht wirklich eine Herausforderung gewesen.

Viele Spieler finden den Story-Modus nur noch lächerlich weil er kinderleicht geworden ist durch

eure Maßnahmen die ihr getroffen habt !!!

Frage: Warum ?

Euer Belohnungssystem für zahlreiche Abbonenten ist und bleibt ja der größte Witz den ihr gemacht habt.

Wir haben die Schnauze gestrichen voll und wenn sich nicht bald was ändert werden viel Spieler euch verlassen

und somit SwTor aussterben.

Frage: Wollt ihr das ?

mfg

deutsche Community

Bonjour cher

Malheureusement, beaucoup d'entre nous ne peut pas parler français, mais nous voulons dire aussi ce que l'allemand;

Tout ce que nous voulons est d'être entendu. Maintenant, le moment est venu de montrer,

nous ne sommes pas une minorité, mais que nous avons beaucoup de choses, et de penser

le jeu est en train de mourir, si pas immédiatement ce qui change ce que le contenu PvE de termes.

Nous pensons qu'il est assez triste qui ne vous a jamais dit ce qui change;

mais ce qui était le vraiment changé.

Nos anciens compagnons comme treek etc. était tout emmenés à Ausrüßtung etc ???

Question: Pourquoi [/ B]?

Contenu PvE avec Wüter et Temple est pas vraiment été un défi.

Beaucoup de joueurs trouvent le mode histoire seulement ridicule parce qu'il est devenu un jeu d'enfant par

vos actions que vous avez rencontré !!!

Question: Pourquoi [/ B]?

Votre système de récompense pour de nombreux Abbonenten reste en effet la plus grande blague que vous avez fait pour elle.

Nous avons supprimé le museau pleinement et si pas de sitôt ce que beaucoup de joueurs vous laissera changé

et donc SWTOR éteinte.

Q: Voulez-vous le [/ B]?

mfg

Communauté germanophone

pvp ist nicht mein ding aber trotzdem hätte locker 3 neue karten geben müssen und neue maps für gsf und neue flashpoint´s und neue op´s aber jetzt kommt ihr mit ausrede mit den neuen kapiteln. Bioware hat schon längst fertig aber kapitel 10 hätte man schon längst freigeben können . Und als daueraboment will mehr belohungen wie zum beispiel keine repkosten mehr zahlen das wäre mal schön oder mehr kartelmünzen umsonst

und wir bezahlen eure häuser oder eure wohnungen und eurer mittagsessen daran sollt mal ihr denken

armen